Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
According to Verhofstadt ,the recent comments from David Davis that last weeks deal was only a statement of intent and hardline Brexiters think the deal meaningless has caused the EU to toughen its stance on any trade deal,handshakes and gentleman agreements are no longer trusted.
He says the EU will now not start discussing any trade deal until March 2018,as the EU want 6 months at the end to ratify any deal,that only leaves 6 months of discussion.
Looks like we could fall out under WTO,but how does that leave the border in Ireland,surely a hard border would be necessary????
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He says the EU will now not start discussing any trade deal until March 2018,as the EU want 6 months at the end to ratify any deal,that only leaves 6 months of discussion.
Ther probably won't be a trade deal by March 2019, the discussion will go on through the two or more years of the transition period before the trade deal is reached. The 120 Swiss deals took seven years and didn't even cover anything.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
According to Verhofstadt ,the recent comments from David Davis that last weeks deal was only a statement of intent and hardline Brexiters think the deal meaningless has caused the EU to toughen its stance on any trade deal,handshakes and gentleman agreements are no longer trusted.
Looks like we could fall out under WTO,but how does that leave the border in Ireland,surely a hard border would be necessary????
KudosDave
There indeed goes a man (Davis) that can snatch defeat from the very Jaws of Victory.
With apologies to Abraham Lincoln and no doubt others!

This man has always been a menace and now is causing real harm to the nation and its reputation he really must be sacked before his mouth does even worse damage than Boris has managed to.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Completely off topic....does anybody know whether Bitcoin can be sold for cash? Not that I am interested,seems like a Ponzi scheme to me,just interested how you get out.???
KudosDave
Services like LocalBitcoins and BitQuick can help you accept cash payments for bitcoin online. You create a sell order on one of the sites. Once a buyer accepts your offer, they are given your bank account details. Buyers then make a cash deposit to your bank account.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Services like LocalBitcoins and BitQuick can help you accept cash payments for bitcoin online. You create a sell order on one of the sites. Once a buyer accepts your offer, they are given your bank account details. Buyers then make a cash deposit to your bank account.
So you can only sell Bitcoin if you have a willing buyer?
Its not like shares where you can sell to a broker?
Still think its like a Ponzi scheme,only succesful if you can bring in new cash?
KudosDave

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So you can only sell Bitcoin if you have a willing buyer?
Its not like shares where you can sell to a broker?
Still think its like a Ponzi scheme,only succesful if you can bring in new cash?
KudosDave
Yes it's really dependent on the huge gains Bitcoin has made.

It's risen sixfold this year alone, so if you bought in January but wanted to cash in, you could offer at say half the current value. That would get an immediate buyer, you'd still have tripled your money in a year and the buyer would be very happy having doubled his instantly.

On this basis it's always been a safe and very rewarding investment since inception, but one day it will cease to be.

The risk is that might happen anytime. Could be in ten or twenty years time, could be later today.

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Completely off topic....does anybody know whether Bitcoin can be sold for cash? Not that I am interested,seems like a Ponzi scheme to me,just interested how you get out.???
KudosDave
Send me your password and I'll check for you... :rolleyes:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Evening Standard
"
David Davis today faced a humiliating rebuke in the European Parliament as six of its leaders united behind a resolution accusing him of “undermining good faith” in Brexit talks.

The chiefs of five rival political groups set aside their differences and, with the head of an influential committee, called for a legally binding treaty to prevent Britain wriggling out of commitments made last Friday on Northern Ireland.

MEPs called for trade talks next year to be stopped if Britain did not “fully respect” its promises to the Irish government on avoiding a hard border."

What a fate for our nation to be held hostage to the utterances of Buffoons.
Basically the Government should resign en masse

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed', that's EU standard clause, taken to mean gentlemen's agreement.
'tariff free trade' means we don't need a border, hard or soft.
'access to the single market' means they should pay us because we don't make anything anymore.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
What a relief it will be to regain all that parliamentary sovereignty when we exit the EU. I'm getting old now and I have to confess that I can't remember what we did with the last lot of it. Indeed, I can't remember ever reading anywhere that we had lost any........which presents me with a bit of a difficulty:

My difficulty is that we invaded Iraq and we sent a task force halfway around the world to go to war with Argentina. Now, if we didn't have sovereignty, we might have needed to ask permission from some body or other to do these things. We ignored the UN's counsel on the former and we set out on the latter with helpful advice from General Pinochet, one of the 20th century's worst despots. We are now ignoring advice from our American 'friends' by unilaterally deciding to secede from the EU.

I'm off to find a better dictionary.......

Meanwhile, just a reminder of the importance of being able to make one's own decisions:

Tom

• Agree

Advertisers