Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Is that all you want? Ha,Ha,Ha...........................................Sorry this is too funny.................
Think its better than your idea with toilet brushes, which actually got us nowhere.
Its just knocking again OG..it is childish. What do you want ?

• Agree
Reactions: PeterL

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Is that all you want? Ha,Ha,Ha...........................................Sorry this is too funny.................
Will you settle for HALF a WISH?
( and you have cleverly deleted my proviso, ie or a Labour without Corbyn , who has kept Labour out of No 10)

It never stops from you OG. Which party , led by whom and giving what policy ? You offer nothing OG. Just knock , knock, knock. Posters and politicians.
Like I said earlier my 3 yr old grandson doesn't want to go to bed, eat his tea, walk dog, go swimming, etc etc.. we can usually work out what he wants. No idea with you after all these posts. That's incredible.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Think its better than your idea with toilet brushes, which actually got us nowhere.
Its just knocking again OG..it is childish. What do you want ?
Have you stopped reading my posts?
I want Brexit to go ahead
I all it's AWFUL "GLORY"

• :D
Reactions: robdon

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Well then, after you reflect on this, perhaps after a short stay at HM Pleasure, you will understand how these things work. If you choose to comment on a pervious thread, indeed use it as a header, then you confine your comments. Otherwise start a new thread.
I see OldTom is back again - go away please!

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc
Are you really suggesting
A) Corbyn might get in power ?

B) And if he does we will withdraw Art 50 ?
How in earth could you have got that from what I posted? Here it is again for you to re-read:

I would have been pleased for personal reasons if he'd taken the Remain position at the last election, but it would certainly have meant the Tories not losing their majority.

It says the opposite, that if he had adopted a remain position the Tories would have done much better, ergo, he wouldn't have got into power.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
How in earth could you have got that from what I posted? Here it is again for you to re-read:

I would have been pleased for personal reasons if he'd taken the Remain position at the last election, but it would certainly have meant the Tories not losing their majority.

It says the opposite, that if he had adopted a remain position the Tories would have done much better, ergo, he wouldn't have got into power.
But that's the past flecc. Its irrelevant.
Is he going to get in power ? I think not.
If he does will he reverse Brexit ? No he will not.
So I,ll ask you same question as OG ?
What DO you want to happen now...we cant alter past only future.
Do you want Corbyn in power ? A second referendum ? May to cancel Art 50 ?
Its utterly pointless pointing out either individual errors or party ones.
Remainers are surprised they are under represented but they have put all their efforts into knocking Tories/ Brexit rather than saying. " Hang on a minute we want X, Y and Z given to us by whoever.
It really has become a thread of the disaffected all moaning and blaming but nobody leading or requesting.
What do you want flecc ?

In my last employment in education one of my duties was liason with all the involved union bodies. Was amazing how many times folk came into my office ranting and railing against all sorts of stuff. It was even more amazing when I said " tell me what you want" and most union reps couldn't. When they did eventually answer we could then discuss what was realistic and what I could offer.
Remainers are saying nothing about where they want to go or what they DO want. Only what they DO NOT, which is not even a start.
Ok , so you dont want to leave..Is that it ?

Last edited:
  • Disagree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
But that's the past flecc. Its irrelevant.
Is he going to get in power ? I think not.
If he does will he reverse Brexit ? No he will not.
So I,ll ask you same question as OG ?
What DO you want to happen now...we cant alter past only future.
Do you want Corbyn in power ? A second referendum ? May to cancel Art 50 ?
Its utterly pointless pointing out either individual errors or party ones.
Remainers are surprised they ate under represented but they have put all their efforts into knocking Tories/ Brexit rather than saying. " Hang on a minute we want X, Y and Z given to us by whoever.
It really has become a thread of the disaffected all moaning and blaming but nobody leading or requesting.
What do you want flecc ?
Lot of good points here. What do you think will happen - negative answers not considered. The UK is one of, if not the best place on earth, let's work to keep it that way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What do you want flecc ?
I have posted this before. May to stay in power until the less than satisfactory outcome of the Brexit negotiations, whenever that may be.

Then a general election won by Corbyn and Labour.

I'm not so daft as to believe that will bring a new and wonderful era, Brexit effects alone will make that a tough target.

But this country desperately needs a change, any change, that will shake the electorate out of their current disillusion with politics and their general apathy. Judging by the last seven years the Tory party can't achieve that.

• Agree
  • Informative

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Have you stopped reading my posts?
I want Brexit to go ahead
I all it's AWFUL "GLORY"
So all you really want is opportunity to be proven right on all your negativity. That just like one of union reps coming in my office saying he wants authority to go bust. Hardly helpful OG, but predictable. And not a start for you remainers.
Its also saying " I,m not expressing any valid desired outcome for the future, I,m simply going to be negative and knock everything"
Like I said my grandson has days like that. No suiting him some days.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So all you really want is opportunity to be proven right on all your negativity. That just like one of union reps coming in my office saying he wants authority to go bust. Hardly helpful OG, but predictable. And not a start for you remainers.
Still not reading and understanding my posts are you?
Brexit is an error, a gamble that you and many others made for less than stellar reasons and are now trying to legitimise.
You had no idea of what you were doing, but like children took a chance.
Fair enough let it go ahead, as we can't stop it.
Pity that, but there it is.
I have not deviated one jot all along.
Let the Folly go the distance.
What more do you want? Approval?

Absolutely not, and certainly not for the reasons you yourself have given.
You voted for personal advantage.
You cannot say the same for me, can you?

You are living in the past: and want to keep it that way.
I want the nation to go on and take it's proper place in a Eurpoean Superstate, not live in a re hash of one of the Saxon petty kingdoms.

Your hopes and ambitions are frankly medieval, and history is against them, even if Brexit staggers on for 10 or twenty years it is a barren dead end.
Our people deserve a better future than it can offer.
Far from me being negative, i'm telling you YOU are, and having a negative effect on the future of the Nation.
And for such petty reasons too.
In the long term Brexit is an irrelevance.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Brexit is an error, a gamble that you and many others made for less than stellar reasons and are now trying to legitimise.

I want the nation to go on and take it's proper place in a Eurpoean Superstate, not live in a re hash of one of the Saxon petty kingdoms.

Your hopes and ambitions are frankly medieval, and history is against them, even if Brexit staggers on for 10 or twenty years it is a barren dead end.
Far from me being negative, i'm telling you YOU are, and having a negative effect on the future of the Nation.
So how do we achieve your better future OG.? Vote May out and Corbyn in ? Cancel Brexit? Go back to how we were under Cameron.( he was a Tory you know)..
Its your arguments which are circular and negative.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So how do we achieve your better future OG.? Vote May out and Corbyn in ? Cancel Brexit? Go back to how we were under Cameron.( he was a Tory you know)..
Its your arguments which are circular and negative.
You are becoming boring
I don't care who is in power it doesn't matter
Brexit will go ahead and either fail or succeed despite the Government
None of the parties have a clue what to do.
All we have to do is wait.
How the public react will determine what happens after Brexit not the Government whatever that may be.
You may well get a glimpse of what "The Will of the People" actually looks like close up and personal.
Behold the Monster You've created comes to mind
Tell me what is circular about any of that?

Last edited:
  • Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
You are becoming boring
I don't care who is in power it doesn't matter
Brexit will go ahead and either fail or succeed despite the Government
None of the parties have a clue what to do.
All we have to do is wait.
How the public react will determine what happens after Brexit not the Government whatever that may be.
You may well get a glimpse of what "The Will of the People" actually looks like close up and personal.

Tell me what is circular about any of that?
In that sense the whole thread is becoming boring. We are where we are, good or bad and quite simply it takes us all to get over over ourselves and just get on with doing good or whatever it is that we do that benefits society / community.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee

Do you really think that people respond positively to being continually reminded that they made a mistake? Irrespective of whether or not they did so - they can, and will, work that out for themselves. Doesn't need your help at all, does it?

• Dislike
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In that sense the whole thread is becoming boring. We are where we are, good or bad and quite simply it takes us all to get over over ourselves and just get on with doing good or whatever it is that we do that benefits society / community.
Youll have Zlatan saying that won't solve anything, what is it you want?:)

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Do you really think that people respond positively to being continually reminded that they made a mistake? Irrespective of whether or not they did so - they can, and will, work that out for themselves. Doesn't need your help at all, does it?
Why not? you seem to have no qualms when it comes to doing the same thing back, do you? so by your own logic your help isn't required either.

Zlatan certainly responds positively, and even at times thinks about the implications too.
They can perhaps work it out for themselves, but the Government doesn't seem to have managed it, so why should the public?

The Brexit factions would just love it if they had unanimous approval for their foolish idea.
If someone can come up with a genuine reason it is for the better, then they will get that approval.
So far no luck with that is there? it's a shambolic farce.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Why not? you seem to have no qualms when it comes to doing the same thing back, do you? so by your own logic your help isn't required either.

Zlatan certainly responds positively, and even at times thinks about the implications too.
They can perhaps work it out for themselves, but the Government doesn't seem to have managed it, so why should the public?

The Brexit factions would just love it if they had unanimous approval for their foolish idea.
If someone can come up with a genuine reason it is for the better, then they will get that approval.
So far no luck with that is there? it's a shambolic farce.
But you work or strive for no alternative ??? If remain had concentrated their efforts positively they may well have developed representation by an appreciative politician. As it is remainers just come over as negative, mocking and with no real motivation for change. Its a type of grudging acceptance but with the proviso " this was your doing" ( ie Brexit voters)
Unfortunately your attitude is not unique OG. I find it strange . I,ve maintained from start I thought we had a brighter future outside EU, many obviously feel differently but rather than develop support for their opposing views they have merely attacked others for daring to think differently. I accept unequivocally I could be wrong but instead of mocking such as myself , Peter , Woosh, Tilson and Peter Hargreaves ( only an example) why not offer a viable alternative way forward.
Its as though many remainers are saying " oh well, we have no choice, lets just do Brexit and make it fail" rather than setting your stall out. Its exactly the reason nobody is representing remainers. They are too desparate and disparate. They have no leader because they are not unified enough to lead. Had groups of remainers set out their wishes some enterprising politician would have had no option but take up the gauntlet and challenge Brexit properly. As it is Corbyn doesn't believe remainers are sincere enough in their beliefs to get him into power.
That is a massive shame and a mistake on remainers part. Look through this thread,page after page of knocking Tories or Brexit, or in many cases individuals. That gives no one something to work on, nothing to negotiate with.
Remainers have been their own worst enemies. This thread typifies it. Look at Tom,s rhetoric. Years old, platitudes and insults. You cant build policies or represent that.
Remainers should have campaigned for representation and not focused their energies on negative put downs. There has plainly been enough support for remainers to alter things. If I was a remainer I,d be asking myself why it hasn't happened. The answer is on this thread. Leavers simply left you all to moan on and on, not organising not demanding anything, just blaming others.
You only have yourselves to blame.
There has been ample opportunity to change things. But nothing has changed. We are still heading for Brexit with a Tory government. You should be asking why has nothing changed since June 23rd even though thousands plainly do not want to leave ? No direction, no policies, no leader, no real alternatives offered. That is NOT brexit voters faults.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Advertisers