Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is the man who Tresemmé and her band of lickspittles prostitute themselves to. The only reason that other politicians complain and pretend to be morally outraged is because they want to get in on a bit of the tax action too, but can’t, and are jealous.

Paradise Papers: Lord Ashcroft hides from trust question
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41880024
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41880024
The information in your two posts originated from a BBC Panorama investigation covered in two programs. The first was broadcast at 6pm yesterday and can be viewed on the i-player or other watch later services, the second program will be broadcast at 9pm tonight, both on BBC 1.

I've seen the first and will be viewing the second.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We should all be united ,Tory, Labour, Leaver or remainer, in our condemnation of such as Ashcroft. He steals millions in tax and then donates £10 million to tory party. How on earth is that legal, democratic or anything of type.
The trouble is the backlash against this behaviour, like we,ve witnessed with sexploitation issues, is all will be tarred with same brush.
Just think if government had revenue from all this lost tax leaving eu would be no problem at all. And dont forget remainers, originally Tories wanted to stay. Cometh the hour, cometh the man...but no one is appearing.
Isn't there some leftish Tory or rightish labour somewhere capable of uniting us all. Sure as hell isn't Blair,Clegg or Cable. What a shambles.
I still think the only reason this lot can get away with all this is Corbyn's fault. How long is he waiting ? Until Ashcroft and Bono donate their ill gotten gains to labour party.?
The labour party are too left and should be representing remainers. ( never mind what Flecc thinks) Blair has killed the middle ground. Isn't it time Millinand returned ? Before its too late.

Last edited:

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
We should all be united ,Tory, Labour, Leaver or remainer, in our condemnation of such as Ashcroft. He steals millions in tax and then donates £10 million to tory party. How on earth is that legal, democratic or anything of type.
The trouble is the backlash against this behaviour, like we,ve witnessed with sexploitation issues, is all will be tarred with same brush.
Just think if government had revenue from all this lost tax leaving eu would be no problem at all. And dont forget remainers, originally Tories wanted to stay. Cometh the hour, cometh the man...but no one is appearing.
Isn't there some leftish Tory or rightish labour somewhere capable of uniting us all. Sure as hell isn't Blair,Clegg or Cable. What a shambles.
I still think the only reason this lot can get away with all this is Corbyn's fault. How long is he waiting ? Until Ashcroft and Bono donate their ill gotten gains to labour party.?
The labour party are too left and should be representing remainers. ( never mind what Flecc thinks) Blair has killed the middle ground. Isn't it time Millinand returned ? Before its too late.
Ziatan - a promising start to the week, hope it lasts. It matters not, what sex they are, what colour they are or even what Party they are - we simply want to be governed correctly.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ziatan - a promising start to the week, hope it lasts. It matters not, what sex they are, what colour they are or even what Party they are - we simply want to be governed correctly.
Thanks Peter. Not sure how anyone can dislike my condemnation of Ashcroft and wishes for all " normal" voters to be united. Think it says more about the person hitting dislike than my comment.

Ahwell, no pleasing some.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just think if government had revenue from all this lost tax leaving eu would be no problem at all.
This is the bit that Robdon objected to.

So do I, the rest is OK so far as it goes, perhaps I should remind you that your precious Brexit is intended by the Torys to open the door to us becoming a Tax Haven ourselves, and a lot more beside.
The only enthusiam they have for Brexit is because the EU is after them already for their habit of Money laundering, and they found a bunch of mugs to vote for Brexit that killed two birds with one stone.
  1. The EU can no longer put the "squeeze" on them
  2. They can do even bigger fiddles here than they could abroad.
And all thanks to the Brexit Voters.
Doesn't it give you a warm cuddly feeling?
To know you were mugged willingly?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Then "we" shouldn't have voted for Brexit, because what you see is what you are about to get!
include me "out" of that "we"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thanks Peter. Not sure how anyone can dislike my condemnation of Ashcroft and wishes for all " normal" voters to be united. Think it says more about the person hitting dislike than my comment.

Ahwell, no pleasing some.
When you talk sense you will.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think the word poor needs to be substituted with foolish. BrightHouse sell things that people don’t need to those who don’t have the money to pay for them. It still isn’t right that queenie is profiting from this sort of selling though.
Hush now! these are the very people who elect these Governments of ours
"Will of the people" and all that, are they being "Democratically Foolish" too?
If they are dumb enough to vote Conservative you can hardly blame them for being dumb enough to think their lives depend on pretty toys, now can you?
It says so on the Tele in the adverts and they must be true of course.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just a question; where is the promising bit? is anything whatsoever going to change for the better?
Suddenly the money will come flooding back into the UK and Companies will pour tax into the public coffers?
The Conservatives will govern for the betterment of the public?

Oh Sure.
The maximum return on any of this will be increased sales of the Daily papers.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Just a question; where is the promising bit? is anything whatsoever going to change for the better?
Suddenly the money will come flooding back into the UK and Companies will pour tax into the public coffers?
The Conservatives will govern for the betterment of the public?

Oh Sure.
The maximum return on any of this will be increased sales of the Daily papers.
This is simply sad OG. You are completely twisted and totally wrong as are a couple of others on here. You at least rarely resort to outright personally insulting comments - I await, no doubt with interest. Bit of a back-handed compliment but it was meant sincerely.

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is simply sad OG. You are completely twisted and totally wrong as are a couple of others on here. You at least rarely resort to outright personally insulting comments - I await, no doubt with interest. Bit of a back-handed compliment but it was meant sincerely.
Does the thought never occur to you that what we say is simply the truth?
Nothing I post is twisted, or wrong, the fact that you regard the truth as unpopular, is entirely your own affair.
And you failed to actually indicate what good will come out of these revelations? my question was valid and deserved an answer not this evasive response you made.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This is the bit that Robdon objected to.

So do I, the rest is OK so far as it goes, perhaps I should remind you that your precious Brexit is intended by the Torys to open the door to us becoming a Tax Haven ourselves, and a lot more beside.
The only enthusiam they have for Brexit is because the EU is after them already for their habit of Money laundering, and they found a bunch of mugs to vote for Brexit that killed two birds with one stone.
  1. The EU can no longer put the "squeeze" on them
  2. They can do even bigger fiddles here than they could abroad.
And all thanks to the Brexit Voters.
Doesn't it give you a warm cuddly feeling?
To know you were mugged willingly?
I wondered if you knew how Robdon thought ? Seems you do. Hows that work OG ? ( dont answer its another rhetorical question)
And by the way OG, Ashcroft is sworn enemy of Murdoch...and vice versa. They hate each other. Not that I matters, but it hardly fits in with your conspiracy theory of " they are all against us"
And, yes I agree with Peter. UK will thrive out of EU..but like I said earlier you will not accept opinion even from the likes of Peter Hargreaves...but here we go again...back to post 105...
Thing I dont quite understand about yours and Tom,s stance is fact Tories tried their best ( with plenty of lies you bought into) for us to stay in EU. ( Remember Cameron and,Osborne) and Corbyn has throughout been a euro sceptic, but your arguments are always centred against Brexit and Tories. Its a very tenuous position, slight change and you support Tories and leaving. ( May was originally a remainer)
Your position should be anti Tory or anti Brexit...it cant really be both...likewise you cant really be pro labour and pro remain. It does not compute. (Labour are actually more anti EU now than Tories !!)
Yes, its complex but you cant simply knock everything without knocking what you actually support at the moment. Flec rationalises it by saying Corbyn is playing ling game and is actually pro remain ( which he isn't, but flecc believes so)
I cant see how you can be so anti Brexit, anti Tory but not pro anything. Its literally a pointless stance.
I,ve asked you so many times. Exactly what do you want to happen ? May remain in power and reverse Brexit ? That keeps your hated Tories in power .
Or do you want Corbyn in and leave EU..because if Corbyn gets in we will leave EU definitely..
Or perhaps May in and leave EU ??
Come on OG what do you want to happen ? I just dont understand where you wish us to go with the choices we have in government ?
You are sounding like my grandson. I dont want to go to school, or swimming, I hate corn flakes I,m not eating this or wearing that. Well what do you want ? ( But please try and be realistic)
Just blaming voters is pointless. Just saying cancel Brexit is simplistic. Or do you actually want a revolution along lines of Tom and Steb.
Ps I agree with Peter, re your replies, much as I cant see your point I do see you dont insult like others do.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
One for you, whoever you are... you'll know.

A quote attributed this time:

"There ought to be a man with a hammer behind the door of every happy man, to remind him by his constant knocks that there are unhappy people" Anton Chekhow

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wondered if you knew how Robdon thought ? Seems you do. Hows that work OG ? ( dont answer its another rhetorical question)
Simple really, I credited him with being intelligent enough to see through your slipping in a bit of "pro Brexit" propaganda in a post intended to be popular, where it might pass unnoticed.
Full marks to you though, better than your usual standard.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Does the thought never occur to you that what we say is simply the truth?
Nothing I post is twisted, or wrong, the fact that you regard the truth as unpopular, is entirely your own affair.
And you failed to actually indicate what good will come out of these revelations? my question was valid and deserved an answer not this evasive response you made.
Trouble is that you twisted the original post so that you could ask a different question - have enough of that on Sunday Mornings.

Advertisers