Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
One for you, whoever you are... you'll know.

A quote attributed this time:

"There ought to be a man with a hammer behind the door of every happy man, to remind him by his constant knocks that there are unhappy people" Anton Chekhow
Would that be Chekhov?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The labour party are too left and should be representing remainers. ( never mind what Flecc thinks) Blair has killed the middle ground.
Oh dear, misunderstood again. Zlatan, the fact that I understand and have explained why Corbyn takes his position on Brexit doesn't mean I agree with it. I would have been pleased for personal reasons if he'd taken the Remain position at the last election, but it would certainly have meant the Tories not losing their majority. Wise old bird that he is, Corbyn knew that too.

I agree that Blair killed the middle ground, he just made it a Tory extension.

Isn't it time Millinand returned ? Before its too late.
I trust you mean David Miliband (it's one l) and not Ed? The latter is unfortunately never going to escape the bacon sandwich saga and brother David has a far better image for the role of PM.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Trouble is that you twisted the original post so that you could ask a different question - have enough of that on Sunday Mornings.
I didn't twist anything, simply asked you a question, which you evaded, because you know very well nothing will change.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Asking awkward questions?
Guilty as charged M'lud
Well then, after you reflect on this, perhaps after a short stay at HM Pleasure, you will understand how these things work. If you choose to comment on a pervious thread, indeed use it as a header, then you confine your comments. Otherwise start a new thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well then, after you reflect on this, perhaps after a short stay at HM Pleasure, you will understand how these things work. If you choose to comment on a pervious thread, indeed use it as a header, then you confine your comments. Otherwise start a new thread.
Oh Dear you seem to have wandered off into some alternative reality, what on Earth are you on about?
The Question was simple enough, and remains.

After the recent revelations , what changes for the better do you expect?

Answers with a little less "ZEN" would be appreciated.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm always on the lookout for possible new words, and that one is a cracker in the current climate on sex offending:

Pervious - A historic sexual perversion.

:)
Is it then logically insulting to imply someone is
"impervious" indeed could it be perhaps that there is also a gender to the word ergo "erpervious"?:confused:
And in these liberated times "Altpervious"?:cool:

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not in the current climate of female opinion which seems to suggest all males are sex offenders by reason of their gender.
Rather on the grounds that as is the case if you are carrying a jemmy and sack you are liable to be arrested for intending to commit Burglary,
We males are all equipped with the necessary minor external body parts necessary for assault with a friendly weapon?
Case closed!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Not in the current climate of female opinion which seems to suggest all males are sex offenders by reason of their gender.
Generalisations aren't really helping. And my question has got lost in mass of replies.
OG, what exactly do you want to now happen ?
May stay in power and leave or stay ?
Corbyn get in power and leave or stay ?
This continual bombardment of everything Brexit and tory is quite ridiculous without some indication of your desires. ( dont forget Tories fought tooth and nail to stay..)

Flecc
Are you really suggesting
A) Corbyn might get in power ?

B) And if he does we will withdraw Art 50 ?

There is more chance of May doing a U turn, keeping power and remaining.

I want a moderate and fair Tory ( or Labour without Corbyn) government and to leave EU.. What do you two want ? Its called negotiating. You,ve told us all time and time again what you dont want...but what do you want and exactly who can supply it ? Dont blame tory press or Murdoch for not having choices, you aren't telling anybody what you want, so how do you expect to be represented.?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PeterL

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Generalisations aren't really helping. And my question has got lost in mass of replies.
OG, what exactly do you want to now happen ?
May stay in power and leave or stay ?
Corbyn get in power and leave or stay ?
This continual bombardment of everything Brexit and tory is quite ridiculous without son indication of your desires. ( dont forget Tories fought tooth and nail to stay..)
As I said so often before

Brexit to go ahead and the proverbial either to hit that fan or we find ourselves dancing with the Fairies on Sunny uplands among the unicorns.

May and Corbyn and all the other Mp's? give them all a Toilet Brush and send them out to clean up the Public Loos Nationwide.

They might manage that.

Does that answer your question?

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Advertisers