Bafang reliability (my experience - OVERWHLMINGLY POSITIVE!)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I 100% disagree with you here, what annoys me is that people don't "understand" English. To read and write it is one thing knowing what you are talking about is another thing altogether.
Do you ever 0.0000000001% to 99.999999999% disagree/agree/etc?

Last edited:

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Everytime someone new pops up on this forum, the old hands berate them and arrogantly dismiss their opinions/findings. It happened to me, and I've seen it happen to a handful of other people in the same time. Saddening....

Reactions: mark_44

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Everytime someone new pops up on this forum, the old hands berate them and arrogantly dismiss their opinions/findings. It happened to me, and I've seen it happen to a handful of other people in the same time. Saddening....
That dude hasn't provided any evidence for his assertions. If you believe he has, please do point it out and provide links to substantiate.

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
That dude hasn't provided any evidence for his assertions. If you believe he has, please do point it out and provide links to substantiate.
Errrrr no.

Evidence? This is not a court...

....and you don't tell me what to do! I will read peoples posts and make up my own mind if I believe them to be credible or not. That applies to everyone! I'm minded to believe Voltsnamps has acheived what he says he has...

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The guy started by saying that it was possible to make a BBS** throttle dependent on pedalling, and that it was misleading and misinformation to say otherwise. Every time we ask him how, he makes excuses instead of providing the information. All he needs to do is show us how or admit that it was him that was misleading and spreading misinformation, and that would be the end of it.

When you read through the thread, you can see that he became ruder and ruder when he was politely asked for that information.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Errrrr no.

....and you don't tell me what to do! I will read peoples posts and make up my own mind if I believe them to be credible or not. That applies to everyone! I'm minded to believe Voltsnamps has acheived what he says he has...

Why on earth would you believe something you haven't looked into thoroughly?

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
I’m not gonna get drawn in to your bullying again… but guy pops up and says he’s done something and then is attacked by a bunch of people who haven’t…

Whether he has or hasn’t… who cares?? It’s not worth being nasty about.

Not that I’m even remotely interested, as I don’t have a throttle on mine, but there’s no reason this couldn’t be achieved… the sensors/hardware is all there, the rest is just software. If there’s open source software available anyone could take that and modify it to do what they want, build it and flash it and done.

I think I’m about done with this forum too…

Reactions: Az.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I’m not gonna get drawn in to your bullying again… but guy pops up and says he’s done something and then is attacked by a bunch of people who haven’t…

Whether he has or hasn’t… who cares?? It’s not worth being nasty about.

Not that I’m even remotely interested, as I don’t have a throttle on mine, but there’s no reason this couldn’t be achieved… the sensors/hardware is all there, the rest is just software. If there’s open source software available anyone could take that and modify it to do what they want, build it and flash it and done.

I think I’m about done with this forum too…
It is important because some of us spent hours going through his links, which were all dead-ends, and anybody else reading his post would do the same.

Reactions: flash

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you read the thread, you'll see I'm interested in UK legal Bafang mid-drives like the BBS01B, not the BBS02 or BBSHD. I'm certainly not taking the word of someone who provides no details about something which isn't mentioned anywhere else. Especially since he appears to be touting for trade - I made a perfectly reasonable offer of sauerkraut. Controllers aren't free (usually). Brick your own BBS01B controller on his say so if you wish.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Ha ha ha - what jolly japes..... :eek:

For what it's worth, I disagree with Mr Ed, about the friendliness of the forum towards newcomers. Frankly - it is a ridiculous statement to suggest that newcomers are arrogantly dismissed. On the contrary, what I see are expert people like NielS and Saneagle and others, spending a lot of time patiently helping people who have just joined because their e-bike doesn't work. Some of these folks are very far from well versed in tools and bikes and the helpers nevertheless spend ages patiently trying to get to the bottom of the sometimes less than well described problems. The number of successes from this careful assistance is quite high over time.

Mr Ed is I think maybe thinking about the fact that very expert people poured cold water on his idea about how worthwhile regenerative braking is on a bicycle. I think the 'naysayers' had the upper hand in the physics department. It isn't worthwhile and they said so. It's the truth. A bad idea is a bad idea - end of discussion.

As for Volts&amps - almost the entire posting record of that individual is bad tempered, hectoring argumentativeness. Screw loose somewhere there. Tools may be needed to correct.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Errrrr no.

Guerney said:
Why do you think this is 'telling you what to do?'

He begins with a conditional clause -'If you believe he has'.

Then he politely invites you to provide a link - 'please do point it out and provide links to substantiate.'

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Why do you think this is 'telling you what to do?'

He begins with a conditional clause -'If you believe he has'.

Then he politely invites you to provide a link - 'please do point it out and provide links to substantiate.'
I also offered sauerkraut, well known to improve mood... but to no avail :( That ship is not for turning. Perhaps kimchi would have been a more attractive incentive? I can also do kimchi.

A psychologist explains how fermented foods, like kimchi, yogurt and sauerkraut, could potentially help improve your mood.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I also offered sauerkraut, well known to improve mood... but to no avail :( That ship is not for turning. Perhaps kimchi would have been a more attractive incentive? I can also do kimchi.

A psychologist explains how fermented foods, like kimchi, yogurt and sauerkraut, could potentially help improve your mood.

Actually, having tried Sauerkraut and Kimchi, and found them both pretty obnoxious, I might have to think again about whether such an act was friendly.... Hmmmm. :)

• :D
Reactions: guerney

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Actually, having tried Sauerkraut and Kimchi, and found them both pretty obnoxious, I might have to think again about whether such an act was friendly.... Hmmmm. :)
I can't eat those things, so I have to stay in a bad mood for my whole life. Please take pity on me.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I can't eat those things, so I have to stay in a bad mood for my whole life. Please take pity on me.
No! Fk Off!! :)

Speaking of food, on my ride this morning, I breezed pasta little hostelry and got this for under £10 before heading off to Spadeadam Bombing range. Put some spine into me and I braved the Apache Heli firing range.

Bacon and Egg Bap with passable coffee £9 and some pennies.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Target aircraft wreck for 20mm cannon fire - about half a mile off from my bike.

Red flag means range is in use.....

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was wondering whether to suggest natto to as an alternative... but given it's been voted the world's most disgusting food, I decided doing so would be a provocation. Reminds me, must make more natto.

This dude swears by it:

"His diet is also designed to keep him fighting fit, consisting mostly of fish, vegetables, miso soup, seaweed and natto, a fermented soybean dish."

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You should see the black bean version I made, I'll upload a pic when I locate one. Even more distressing to view, especially if you're considering consuming the stuff. Deffo an acquired taste :eek: