Bafang reliability (my experience - OVERWHLMINGLY POSITIVE!)

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Oh my God dear!!

The damned dog has been sick in one of your white cereal bowls.

At least he didn't do it on the carpet.

What on earth has he been eating. The beast has been in Guerney's bin again. What a terrible neighbour he is. I wish we hadn't come here near that orange faced buffoon...

• :D
Reactions: guerney

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Eh up, here’s the first of the sycophants…

Frankly - it is a ridiculous statement to suggest that newcomers are arrogantly dismissed. On the contrary, what I see are expert people like NielS and Saneagle and others, spending a lot of time patiently helping people who have just joined.
Why are they the experts? Who says they’re experts? Where are their qualifications or expertise? If you search through the thousands of worthless posts and find pictures of their own bikes they’re bodged together pieces of crap. They have to answer every question with ‘don’t do it like that, do it like I did… BECAUSE I SAY SO’. No explanation or expertise… and they can’t accept they’re wrong… they feel threatened when someone actually knows what they’re talking about.

This voltsnamps chap clearly has achieved what he says he has with his throttle… read his original post, the level of descriptiveness etc. He is not going to have made that up!! Then people basically call him a liar… no wonder he’s angry… and really it’s because those people would like to do what he has done but haven’t been able to work it out for themselves. Rather than ask him nicely how he did it, they ridicule him…

Mr Ed is I think maybe thinking about the fact that very expert people poured cold water on his idea about how worthwhile regenerative braking is on a bicycle. I think the 'naysayers' had the upper hand in the physics department. It isn't worthwhile and they said so. It's the truth. A bad idea is a bad idea - end of discussion.
You’re making yourself look like an idiot now! The simulations and real life experience show that hundreds of watts are being wasted as heat when braking down hills. If you can put those watts back into the battery, what’s not to like. Tell me what the ‘upper hand in the physics department’ says about that??

Typical playground bullying… when someone steps in to defend the kid being bullied, the bullies immediately turn on him !!

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Ha ha ha...

Nice one. :eek: :) :eek:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Why are they the experts? Who says they’re experts? Where are their qualifications or expertise? If you search through the thousands of worthless posts and find pictures of their own bikes they’re bodged together pieces of crap. They have to answer every question with ‘don’t do it like that, do it like I did… BECAUSE I SAY SO’. No explanation or expertise… and they can’t accept they’re wrong… they feel threatened when someone actually knows what they’re talking about.

This voltsnamps chap clearly has achieved what he says he has with his throttle… read his original post, the level of descriptiveness etc. He is not going to have made that up!! Then people basically call him a liar… no wonder he’s angry… and really it’s because those people would like to do what he has done but haven’t been able to work it out for themselves. Rather than ask him nicely how he did it, they ridicule him…

You’re making yourself look like an idiot now! The simulations and real life experience show that hundreds of watts are being wasted as heat when braking down hills. If you can put those watts back into the battery, what’s not to like. Tell me what the ‘upper hand in the physics department’ says about that??

Typical playground bullying… when someone steps in to defend the kid being bullied, the bullies immediately turn on him !!
You're disparaging people who actively help people here. Rather than whinge.

See this thread, for that dude's other unhelpful posts. I don't know if the Admin has done any censoring, because I no longer see his posts:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-much-battery-sag-is-too-much-for-a-3-year-old-battery.47298/page-3

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Or you think you've found a stick to attempt to beat people with. If you're an expert of some sort, help out instead?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
View attachment 58529

Oh my God dear!!

The damned dog has been sick in one of your white cereal bowls.

At least he didn't do it on the carpet.

What on earth has he been eating. The beast has been in Guerney's bin again. What a terrible neighbour he is. I wish we hadn't come here near that orange faced buffoon...
Depending on the bean: several orders of magnitude stringier than vomit, vaguely smells somewhere between old socks, particularly overmature blue cheese, with many alarming notes of who the hell knows what. At least it isn't farty. Fermented beans contain fewer antinutrients. Must live forever or die trying.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Why are they the experts? Who says they’re experts? Where are their qualifications or expertise? If you search through the thousands of worthless posts and find pictures of their own bikes they’re bodged together pieces of crap. They have to answer every question with ‘don’t do it like that, do it like I did… BECAUSE I SAY SO’. No explanation or expertise
OK here we go:
I'm a graduate mechanical engineer with a post graduate degree in education. I taught electronics for ten years. I was technical director for a leading ebike brand for about 4 years. I worked as an ebike mechanic for 2 1/2 years and complerted the Bosch training. I've been contributing to this and other ebike forums for 14 years with around 50,000 posts. I've converted about 50 different bikes. I even made my own crank-drive before kits were available.

Some of us have been on this forum for 14 years and longer to help other people make their choices and solve their problems. Other guys, like Voltsandamps and Mr-ed come on this forum and spout BS, then criticise anybody else. They make no useful contribution. They provide no useful information and help no-one. They're a complete negative influence on it, and the forum would be better off without them.

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
OK here we go:
I'm a graduate mechanical engineer with a post graduate degree in education. I taught electronics for ten years. I was technical director for a leading ebike brand for about 4 years. I worked as an ebike mechanic for 2 1/2 years and complerted the Bosch training. I've been contributing to this and other ebike forums for 14 years with around 50,000 posts. I've converted about 50 different bikes. I even made my own crank-drive before kits were available.

Some of us have been on this forum for 14 years and longer to help other people make their choices and solve their problems. Other guys, like Voltsandamps and Mr-ed come on this forum and spout BS, then criticise anybody else. They make no useful contribution. They provide no useful information and help no-one. They're a complete negative influence on it, and the forum would be better off without them.
So you should know what you’re talking about… but pretty telling that my first conversion/build is incomparably better than your 50th!

Seeing as you should know what you’re talking about, I assume it’s a combination of laziness and arrogance that leads you to the ‘don’t do it like that, do it like this BECAUSE I SAY SO!’ attitude… makes sense with being a teacher to be honest as you just expect people to take what you say as gospel…

50,000 posts….. what a hero… assuming 1 minute per post that’s a month of your life… all for the good of the people…. Or is it just to inflate your ego? Why don’t you stop being the big fish in the small pond and go play on Endless Sphere… oh because you’ll be ridiculed…

Yes, I’ll disappear into silence as you wish but don’t be surprised if I pop up again to stick up for someone if you start bullying them again…

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
So you should know what you’re talking about… but pretty telling that my first conversion/build is incomparably better than your 50th!

Seeing as you should know what you’re talking about, I assume it’s a combination of laziness and arrogance that leads you to the ‘don’t do it like that, do it like this BECAUSE I SAY SO!’ attitude… makes sense with being a teacher to be honest as you just expect people to take what you say as gospel…

50,000 posts….. what a hero… assuming 1 minute per post that’s a month of your life… all for the good of the people…. Or is it just to inflate your ego? Why don’t you stop being the big fish in the small pond and go play on Endless Sphere… oh because you’ll be ridiculed…

Yes, I’ll disappear into silence as you wish but don’t be surprised if I pop up again to stick up for someone if you start bullying them again…
Oh dear..... Never mind, Endless Sphere; here we are experiencing endless drivel.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Saneagle under another guise was a well regarded knowledgable poster/contributer on ES so one will simply have to fold that jibe up in to his pipe and smoke it.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Or is it just to inflate your ego? Why don’t you stop being the big fish in the small pond and go play on Endless Sphere… oh because you’ll be ridiculed…
I've been on Endless sphere since 2010 with many thousands of posts. I'm nearly in the top 20 there. You’re just making yourself look stupid.Most of the guys there are as ignorant as you. They simply don't understand the European rules and what we have here.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Like ES , here we are a community who try and help or solve issues when folks have a problem with there bikes. Typically very very few so called LBS have the knowledge, skill to understand or lend time to repairing a generic hub type bike, Hub type bikes being the biggest seller of all motorised bikes in the world.
Batteries are another issue that often crops up and over years we have solved or helped many a person with a fualty battery.

In the most part ES caters for a very different bike user and is mainly a high power driven forum as you (Mr ed) will well know.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015