Argos Cheap Ebike £360

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Horses for courses. I don't think that bike would suit everyone. It might be low on power because of the small battery, but it did seem to fit the needs, which that guy described, especially at that price.
I agree. But it's irrelevant now anyway because it's now out of stock. At least some recognised a bargain when they saw it...

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Well, that's just you. I have 3 e-bikes and none use Hailong batteries.
Correct, that's my point of view.

Anybody looking for a stealth in-city commuter where with the in-frame battery doesn't make the bike look like a magnet for mugging or theft and 18 miles is enough, this is a brilliant buy. @saneagle even suggested this for someone looking to dither around on Wimbledon common.
Lol anybody looking to nick ebikes knows whether or not it is an ebike regardless of the battery/controller being 'hidden' in frame.

If/when the battery does die, I cant see any reason why, if the battery can't be re-celled, you couldn't just mount a Hailong onto the frame. Then it'd just look the typical last decade e-bike with a downtube mounted battery.
So then I have to carry TWO batteries around?

If I'd bought the bike I'd be upgrading it with a KT display/controller and using my 52V 17.5Ah LG celled Hailong to get better performance and probably replace the rear hub with a 500W hub so I can get rid of my 1500W monster that I don't really need that level of performance from.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Correct, that's my point of view.

Lol anybody looking to nick ebikes knows whether or not it is an ebike regardless of the battery/controller being 'hidden' in frame.

So then I have to carry TWO batteries around?

If I'd bought the bike I'd be upgrading it with a KT display/controller and using my 52V 17.5Ah LG celled Hailong to get better performance and probably replace the rear hub with a 500W hub so I can get rid of my 1500W monster that I don't really need that level of performance from.
Again, that's just you being blinkered by your own preferences and circumstance.

Plenty of others here aren't you.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Again, that's just you being blinkered by your own preferences and circumstance.

Plenty of others here aren't you.
Eh? How can you be 'blinkered' by your own requirements...?

I think it's you that is blinkered, other people have a pov too, live with it...

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Eh? How can you be 'blinkered' by your own requirements...?

I think it's you that is blinkered, other people have a pov too, live with it...
Nobody suggested this particular bike would be a good choice for you, just that it could be a good choice for some. That's the point, which clearly you're missing.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Nobody suggested this particular bike would be a good choice for you, just that it could be a good choice for some. That's the point, which clearly you're missing.
Only you suggested it! You brought this ebike up as an 'alternative' for OP ebike when it's not...

Do you really think that when we were checking we didn't all see this offering and reject for reasons stated above?

Time to move on...

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Only you suggested it! You brought this ebike up as an 'alternative' for OP ebike when it's not...
The OP @egroover simply posted a link about a cheap e-bike at Argos. He bought one 4 weeks ago and that bike has long since been sold out. Weeks after, I spotted and posted about a different cheap Argos e-bike that may be suitable for others. I don't see where your problem with that is.

Last edited: