Prices of the electricity we use to charge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Re heat death....

Meanwhile, we are having probably the coolest, wettest summer I can remember.

And my French niece phoned the other day to ask if she could come and visit and when I warned her of the horrible summer we are having, she said it was the same in Paris - weeks of cold and wet, though less cold and probably less wet than here.
You're wrong. The BBC weather map is red, which means SCORCHIO!

This is yesterday's forcast showing how red Telford is. I panicked and put extra ice in the freezer to cool me down today. I'll be needing it any moment now, as soon as it stops raining.

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
You're wrong. The BBC weather map is red, which means SCORCHIO!

This is yesterday's forcast showing how red Telford is. I panicked and put extra ice in the freezer to cool me down today. I'll be needing it any moment now, as soon as it stops raining.
Oh - that's terrible. 25c in Telford in summer.

Maybe you will end up as one of those elderly deaths that happen when the sun comes out.

We should all stop using power immediately and revert to the kind of Medieval life our ancestors lived in the eleven hundreds. They lived perfectly well on a couple of handfulls of peas a day and the odd bit of bacon fat, unless they were rich, in which case most of them lived to the ripe old age of about 46. By doing this, we will leave the pitch clear for the Chinese to double their carbon output every five years, or so, and let the Africans have seven kids each family.

This is our duty - since it is we, the evil British who invented all this carbon guzzling by starting the Industrial Revolution, which as we all know now, and are taught in school and at university, brought nothing but pain, capitalism, and patriarchy to the world - which had never had them before. It is all OUR fault and we should punish ourselves for it. Fortunately, Ed Miliband has taken charge of all that now, so look out. We had it coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikelBikel

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
This summer wasn't great. Winter and especially spring were very wet but is pretty OK in the last 4-5 weeks. Your niece is right to want to run away from Paris. Deviations everywhere. Profit taking from the JO.
I was trying to make sense of the remark about it being Ok in the last 4-5 weeks and thinking about the weeks of northerly winds and rain and then I remembered that you don't live in this country and especially not in the northern part of it. I think I can only remember about five warmish days and some of them I got soaked on my ebike. One day, I came home walked into the kitchen and in a moment there was a pool on the floor.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fortunately, Ed Miliband has taken charge of all that now, so look out. We had it coming.
Starmer should give the job to someone else. He's past his selling date.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's not a bullet, FBI does not know what hit Trump. The problem is they could not find the bullets. Strange or what.
His ear appears perfectly normal yesterday without the dressing when he was at his rally.

Reactions: POLLY

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
It's not a bullet, FBI does not know what hit Trump. The problem is they could not find the bullets. Strange or what.
His ear appears perfectly normal yesterday without the dressing when he was at his rally.
Debunked: Image of Trump’s Healed Ear Sparks Misleading Claims

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Debunked: Image of Trump’s Healed Ear Sparks Misleading Claims
I usually watch YT channel The Meidas Touch Network (MTN) to keep up with Trump's rants. One of the videos today features Trump's rally yesterday at Charlotteville. I simply noticed that the dressing was gone and his right ear appears as normal as his left ear. Another feature was about FBI Chief Christopher Ray's briefing Congress also yesterday. I noticed that he said they still don't know what hit Trump and they don't have the bullets.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
I usually watch YT channel The Meidas Touch Network (MTN) to keep up with Trump's rants. One of the videos today features Trump's rally yesterday at Charlotteville. I simply noticed that the dressing was gone and his right ear appears as normal as his left ear. Another feature was about FBI Chief Christopher Ray's briefing Congress also yesterday. I noticed that he said they still don't know what hit Trump and they don't have the bullets.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You're talking nonsense. Two bullets landed in the far stand, one blew the brains out of the spectator in the front stand, one went into the side of a guy in the far stand and the rest landed on the digger behind, one of which cut its hydraulic pipe and made the oil spill out.

Slow motion photos show that the bullet that hit Trump's ear also hit the guy behind. One photo shows the bullet and spray in the air behind Trump after it hit him.

You should stop watching fake MSNBC, CNN, BBC or whatever fake news channel it is.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You're talking nonsense. Two bullets landed in the far stand, one blew the brains out of the spectator in the front stand, one went into the side of a guy in the far stand and the rest landed on the digger behind, one of which cut its hydraulic pipe and made the oil spill out.

Slow motion photos show that the bullet that hit Trump's ear also hit the guy behind. One photo shows the bullet and spray in the air behind Trump after it hit him.

You should stop watching fake MSNBC, CNN, BBC or whatever fake news channel it is.
Isn't it a fact that the FBI have not found the bullet that hit Trump? Otherwise, FBI Christopher Ray would not have said that they don't know what hit Trump.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Isn't it a fact that the FBI have not found the bullet that hit Trump? Otherwise, FBI Christopher Ray would not have said that they don't know what hit Trump.
They won't find it if they don't look, but they clearly didn't look very hard. It went through Trump's ear into the guy in the stand behind.Thye might find it in the local hospital, assuming that they've got it out by now:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Starmer to take on Labour councils that block pylons delivering clean energy
At formal launch of state-run GB Energy, PM sets out plan to build enough offshore wind facilities to power 20m homes

"Keir Starmer has pledged to take on Labour MPs and councils that try to block pylon networks delivering a planned new generation of clean electricity, as he promised the government’s plans would lower people’s bills in this parliament."

Ulez expansion led to significant drop in air pollutants in London, report finds
Change equivalent to removing 200,000 cars for a year, with capital’s air quality improving at faster rate than rest of England

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023