Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
One aggravating aspect of this story is the way third party software misuse their access to the kernel by-passing WHQL certification requirements. They use definition files that act like pseudo code, interpreted by their WHQL code. The latter is not subjected to MS scrutiny. The end result is you hand over the key to the door to your software vendors. One guy said that they have a staging policy in place regarding all updates and crowdstrike has simply bypass the sandboxes. Stuff for insurance companies to look into.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We'll talk again about this in November. Then, one of us can apologise to the other for being an idiot.
Maybe you are both idiots (along with many other people) for even hazarding a guess as to what will happen?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Maybe you are both idiots (along with many other people) for even hazarding a guess as to what will happen?
Not just us two, saneagle should also be included

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
One aggravating aspect of this story is the way third party software misuse their access to the kernel by-passing WHQL certification requirements. They use definition files that act like pseudo code, interpreted by their WHQL code. The latter is not subjected to MS scrutiny. The end result is you hand over the key to the door to your software vendors. One guy said that they have a staging policy in place regarding all updates and crowdstrike has simply bypass the sandboxes. Stuff for insurance companies to look into.
I'm amazed that I haven't heard about anyone claiming compensation from Cloudstrike.
It wasn't Microsoft's fault but it is their problem as Windows shouldn't allow user code to run at a privilege level to cause a kernel panic. It's the design of Windows that is the issue. Apple have addressed this in MacOS so it's impossible for a similar problem to occur. Cloudstrike did not cause Macs to crash.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Not just us two, saneagle should also be included
Don't include me in the idiots list. I never said Kamala Harris is great. The reason they have to make her the candidate is because Biden's campaign money is locked since he dropped out. There is some legal loophole, where the existing VP might be able to get the money. As the Democrats always cheat and manipulate the legal system, I'm sure they'll find a way. If Kamala gets elected, she'll either be a puppet, like Biden, or they'll make her step down to make way for the chosen one, who'll be her running mate -probably Obama or a more loyal puppet, like Michelle.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm amazed that I haven't heard about anyone claiming compensation from Cloudstrike.
It wasn't Microsoft's fault but it is their problem as Windows shouldn't allow user code to run at a privilege level to cause a kernel panic. It's the design of Windows that is the issue. Apple have addressed this in MacOS so it's impossible for a similar problem to occur. Cloudstrike did not cause Macs to crash.
That's just down to luck this time. Crowdstrike caused Linux to go to kernel panic mode before.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Don't include me in the idiots list. I never said Kamala Harris is great. The reason they have to make her the candidate is because Biden's campaign money is locked since he dropped out. There is some legal loophole, where the existing VP might be able to get the money. As the Democrats always cheat and manipulate the legal system, I'm sure they'll find a way. If Kamala gets elected, she'll either be a puppet, like Biden, or they'll make her step down to make way for the chosen one, who'll be her running mate -probably Obama or a more loyal puppet, like Michelle.
Harris won't win. She won't win for all the reasons I already posted:

- whatever her achievements, she is unappealing to the average voter

- people are disgusted at the way the Democratic Party pretended that the dementia patient was a great choice for POTUS for the next four years when he can already rapidly descend into idiocy at any moment, and has done repeatedly now on live TV. The ordinary man or woman is no fool usually, and they know what they saw. They saw Democrat leaders LYING about his mental condition.

It is Woosh who thinks Harris is great and a sure winner - not me.

I still despise Trump, but he will win.
-

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's a two horse race. The Dems have already changed their old horse for a slightly younger one (81 yr old for 59 yr old). Biden has signs of parkinson's, Trump has signs of Alzheimer's on top of his well known narcissism. Already the bookmakers move Trump's wiinning odds down by 6%.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Harris won't win. She won't win for all the reasons I already posted:

- whatever her achievements, she is unappealing to the average voter

- people are disgusted at the way the Democratic Party pretended that the dementia patient was a great choice for POTUS for the next four years when he can already rapidly descend into idiocy at any moment, and has done repeatedly now on live TV. The ordinary man or woman is no fool usually, and they know what they saw. They saw Democrat leaders LYING about his mental condition.

-
I'd agree with you as far as an honest and legitimate voting process.

She must be the candidate so that they can get their hands on the campaign money, which has already been donated. The donors would have to donate again for anybody else.

At the moment, it looks like the dems are cheating with the campaign funding again. They claimed that nearly a million people donated $200 in the last week, but it seems that what really happens is that they use bots to donate on behalf of people, who know nothing about it. I can't remember the details, but somebody did an investigation into the names and addresses of donors last time. They knocked on their doors and asked them, but every one said they didn't donate. They're claiming she got $100 million in a week, when nobody likes her. It certainly doesn't add up to me.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They're claiming she got $100 million in a week, when nobody likes her. It certainly doesn't add up to me.
they claimed 888,000+ people out of 14,351,322 registered on their website gave them about $81 millions, some gave up to $200 on the ActBlue website.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Trump benefited from people getting anesthetised to his racist remarks, confusion, name calling and lies. He usually tries to make them sound funny so people just laugh them off. If Harris said anything that Trump said, a) it does not sound right and b) the press and right wing media will make a meal out of it unless one of the Trumpers shoots her first.
The outcome will be on how the 7 swing states are going to vote.

Kamala Harris Vs. Donald Trump may be better for Dems, poll shows (usatoday.com)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
they claimed 888,000+ people out of 14,351,322 registered on their website gave them about $81 millions, some gave up to $200 on the ActBlue website.
That's what they claim, and that's the bit that's difficult to believe. It's easily done by bots though.

BTW, some conspiracy theorists are saying the Biden has already been bumped off or is in the processs of it - poor guy!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hes 75% dead already anyway he cant talk walk go up or down steps and craps his pants :p

they even tried to kill trump and fooked that up as well.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJ1XcWF2M0&ab_channel=ForbesBreakingNews

shes full of $hit :eek:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Trump benefited from people getting anesthetised to his racist remarks, confusion, name calling and lies. He usually tries to make them sound funny so people just laugh them off. If Harris said anything that Trump said, a) it does not sound right and b) the press and right wing media will make a meal out of it unless one of the Trumpers shoots her first.
The outcome will be on how the 7 swing states are going to vote.

Kamala Harris Vs. Donald Trump may be better for Dems, poll shows (usatoday.com)
Kamala was the border tzar, wasn't she? Did she fix it? Somebody said that she didn't even go to see it! I can't seem to remember her having any other duties apart from talking to a few school kids. What has she actually done in four years?

Here's something about the donations for Kamala - same tactics as 2020:

Last edited:

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
That's just down to luck this time. Crowdstrike caused Linux to go to kernel panic mode before.
It wasn't luck it was superior design. Crowdstrike on MacOS cannot cause a kernel panic as it runs in user mode not as a kernel extension (kext).

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It wasn't luck it was superior design. Crowdstrike on MacOS cannot cause a kernel panic as it runs in user mode not as a kernel extension (kext).

Microsoft will have to learn from Apple.

• :D
Reactions: Cyclist

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Kamala was the border tzar, wasn't she? Did she fix it? Somebody said that she didn't even go to see it! I can't seem to remember her having any other duties apart from talking to a few school kids. What has she actually done in four years?
Problems on the South border are essentially linked to budget. Since the Ukraine support and border funding bills were passed, more border guards were recruited and the number of arrests at the South border has halved. The fault is with maga reps who stalled funding so Trump can criticise Biden's administration.

• :D
Reactions: Cyclist and POLLY

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Problems on the South border are essentially linked to budget. Since the Ukraine support and border funding bills were passed, more border guards were recruited and the number of arrests at the South border has halved. The fault is with maga reps who stalled funding so Trump can criticise Biden's administration.
Didn't Trump pull every trick to extract money from every possible budget to build a wall after the dems blocked every attempt to get the money by normal means? What did Kamala do to try to get the money to finish the wall? When it got close to this election, I seem to remember some token gesture to build a bit more, but I can't remember her name being mentioned.

If you research, you can find all sorts of cope articles from the normal leftwing press, saying things like she said, " don't come" and she had a good relationship with the various countries the immigrants came from, and she spent a lot of time trying to persuade them to keep their citizens, but the facts show that she was an abject failure as far as controlling the Southern border, which was her job to secure. It's roughly 4 times as much today compared to when she was appointed.

Also, regarding the blocking of the immigration bill, six Democrats voted against it. If they had voted for it, the result would have been 49-44 in favour. Why did they vote against it? Anyway, they didn't need a bill, they could have appropriated the money from anywhere to finish the wall, like Trump had to, if they were serious.

As I said, I can't remember a single thing she did to secure the border, which is the main point, and it's what the Trump side will use against her: If the border got 4 times worse and that's the only job she had, what happens when defence, cost of living, health service, accomodation, etc become 4 times worse when she's in charge. It's too easy!

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Didn't Trump pull every trick to extract money from every possible budget to build a wall after the dems blocked every attempt to get the money by normal means? What did Kamala do to try to get the money to finish the wall? When it got close to this election, I seem to remember some token gesture to build a bit more, but I can't remember her name being mentioned.
Kamala did not want or plan to continue with Trump's wall. Her solution is more border guards, lock up more bogus asylum seekers and tell them not to come. You could say that won't work but the fact is the problem is not really different from our small boats crossing the channel. Our PM needs to explain what right every human has when entering illegally any country. From then, we can have a sensible debate where genuine asylum claims and other deserving cases (lgbtq, slavery) are properly helped and those with bogus claims are held in detention until they agree to leave. Australia has done just that. The Australian results are pretty good and we should learn from them. The second problem is we are desparate to fill the job vacancies that those offering black market work to illegal immigrants are not properly pursued and punished. Starmer is doing something about that. The third problem is our patrol boats cannot go into French waters to tow the boats back to French soil. We need to enlist the help of ordinary French people to help with arresting the organisers before the boats leave the shore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclist