Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm going to bet that one of those conditions will not be met.
Trump has already signs of onset of dementia.
If Dems put up a pretty good replacement for Biden in the next presidential debate, Trump is going to duck it.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Trump can only win if two conditions are met:
1. He's still alive
2. A fair election takes place

I'm going to bet that one of those conditions will not be met.
Given the number of armed nutters in the USA, point number one is unpredictable.

Point number 2 really isn't in question. The system is robust and fair, albeit that individual election crimes do occur on a tiny scale. That happens everywhere - especially where postal vote fraud is not taken seriously, but even then it is small scale and makes no difference to the result.

Of course many Trump supporters are heavily invested in the idea that the elections are unfair. They do this so just like last time, when he loses, they can cry foul and demand that he win even though he lost.

When horrible Hilary lost, she REALLY did lose because of dirty tricks, much of it from Russia because they hacked her email and publicised her misuse of her own email server which heavily went against her in the eyes of the electorate. Even though she lost because of foul play, there was very little fuss, because she at least had the grace not to challenge the election like Trump did. She REALLY had cause to do so. Trump did not.

It was interesting I thought that the head of the FBI, Comey, was a great patriot in Trump's eyes when he announced a week before the election that he was investigating Clinton's email debacle. Trump could not praise him enough. Then, when Comey announced after the election that he was investigating Russian meddling in the election, Trump dismissed him and lied about how the process had been carried out, claiming that he did so on advice, when he can be proved to have written his own draft of the dismissal earlier. Trump has I think some concern about what Putin might reveal about him. This is not a conspiracy theory like some I have read here. There is evidence that he is very concerned to butter up Putin and there are credible accusations that he has been compromised by sexual scandal which occurred in Russia.

• :D
Reactions: Cyclist and POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It isnt a 'cyber attack'.

It is a botched update.

The lesson isnt one about attacks. It is about software vendors properly testing their updates.

There is already quite a history of mighty fk ups in the technical departments of big software companies. Microsoft has done it too on occasions.
I am not sure that it was just a mistake.
The fault was traced to a crowdstrike sys file in system32\drivers. I can't see why a driver file should be updated in the first place. It should simply provide a kernel level hook to the rest of the code because it has elevated priviledge of kernel code.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
He must have been incredibly lucky or he's got the brain of an olympic athlete to react on 0.15s.

if you look at the first footage on the BBC, Trump turned his head and kept his head pretty still about 3 seconds before he clutched his right ear.
As the 5.56mm bullet left the muzzle at 1000m/s, it would take about 0.2s to reach his ear.
That and the corkscrew effect at 150m distance.
He is incredibly lucky or god whisperred into his ear: turn right now and look at me!
Or he just turned by chance and the bullet missed.

He moves. There is a period of time between a shooter deciding to fire, moving his finger to execute the shot, the hammer falling onto the base of the cartridge, the explosion developing in the breach of the rifle, and the bullet transiting the distance between the muzzle and the target. Anyone who shoots regularly (I do) knows this.

Shooting at a live target is also affected by emotion. The hopeless loser would-be assassin, who was not a good shot anyway - he is reputed to have been pretty hopeless when he tried out for a shooting club team, was very likely in a high state of emotion when he attempted that shot. Good match class shooting requires that the shooter has total control of his emotions. If you are not calm, the micro movements of the body will cause significant errors in the placement of a shot.

Trump is lucky. That's all. It happens all the time that people who are shooting miss by a few inches at 130 yards.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Just an addition to the last point. I have shot thousands of rifle rounds in my time. If I am going for a very small group at a hundred meters, I really try to completely control breathing and heart beat. I can slow my heart rate just by thinking about it. When all is perfect, you very very slowly gradually squeeze the trigger while staying completely still, so that when the rifle fires, you are a little surprised. You NEVER just pull on the trigger because that will cause micro movements to the muzzle of the rifle and you will pull the shot off where you intended. The same is true of your breathing. You slow down your breathing rate really calmly, so that at the instant you choose to fire, you are not breathing at all. Breathing when you fire a shot will cause a miss, or a wide group.

Crooks was not a good shot. he would have been likely crap ping himself and it is no surprise he could not hit Trump. I am in fact surprised that he got anywhere near him at that range.

Snipers train at great length and invest a lot of time at the range, and psychological preparation is essential. Crooks had none of this preparation. He was a dumb, misfit rat. I dislike Trump intensely, but I abhor this attempt on his life.

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Those Ear patches could definitely catch on as a fashion accessory.. esp with Bluetooth, and if they can filter out the bs in the news, haha ! :cool:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Trump has already signs of onset of dementia.
If Dems put up a pretty good replacement for Biden in the next presidential debate, Trump is going to duck it.
You've been reading too much left wing press again. I keep warning you, but you don't learn. Don't forget, they made him do a test, and he passed!

Forbes hate him, so they tried to put their spin on it. It's a standard cognitive test that any cognitive person can pass. Each question starts off easy and gets more difficult. It's how far you get with each one that counts.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The problem with Trump isn't that he is senile like Biden. I don't think he is. The problem with Trump is that he and his people tell lies just about every time they open their mouths. Add to that, his narcissistic, unpredictable, vindictive nature, and his willingness to subvert the constitutional processes of the United States regarding the peaceful handover of power, and he is to many people a dangerous megalomaniac.

He is however a lot better bet than Sleepy Joe, who is pretty much a dribbling idiot. The Democrats ought not to to be forgiven for pretending that he was capable of making decisions and being President. He doesn't even know who his Vice President is. He said she was Trump last week.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The problem with Trump isn't that he is senile like Biden. I don't think he is. The problem with Trump is that he and his people tell lies just about every time they open their mouths. Add to that, his narcissistic, unpredictable, vindictive nature, and his willingness to subvert the constitutional processes of the United States regarding the peaceful handover of power, and he is to many people a dangerous megalomaniac.

He is however a lot better bet than Sleepy Joe, who is pretty much a dribbling idiot. The Democrats ought not to to be forgiven for pretending that he was capable of making decisions and being President. He doesn't even know who his Vice President is. He said she was Trump last week.
What lies of consequence has he told?

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
saneagle said:
This is quite interesting. This woman's strange behaviour was noted by many. They said she appeared to signal to someone, then immediately after the shots, she was filming as if nothing happened instead of ducking or panicking.
People make a lot of money by driving traffic to their conspiracy boll ox.
I remember you posted one like this before which claimed that the Challenger astronauts were not dead but were living happily in secret, ordinary lives.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Are you following the Microsoft/Crowdstrike cyber attack story?
Airlines, banks, hospitals etc are down.
I don't use Crowdstrike but still suspend windows update.
"CrowdStrike code update bricking Windows machines around the world

Falcon Sensor putting hosts into deathloop - but there's a workaround"

https://x.com/Xaaavier_8613/status/1814180533108400569

"Microsoft is advising clients to try a classic method to get things working - turning it off and on again - in some cases up to 15 times.

The tech giant said this has worked, external for some users of virtual machines – PCs where the computer is not in the same place as the screen."

https://azure.status.microsoft/en-gb/status

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Life, interrupted: How CrowdStrike's patch failure is messing up the world

Oh, was it supposed to be Y2K24?

Today is one of those days that will go down in history as an unmitigated IT disaster, with CrowdStrike responsible for taking systems down all over the globe."

"Azure VMs ruined by CrowdStrike patchpocalypse? Microsoft has recovery tips

Have you tried turning it off and on again, like, a bunch?"

"That's caused Windows machines around the world to become even less useful and wreaked havoc at airports, hospitals, emergency services and in countless unexpected places."

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

"In case you need it, here's a manual workaround for Windows systems broken by Crowdstrike:

Boot into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
Go to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory
Delete the file matching C-00000291*.sys
Reboot as normal

"

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

I could go on. I don't think aside from Putin, there is a bigger liar in politics.
Quoting Wiki, CNN and Washington Post is one of the first signs of insanity. The second sign is having hairs on the palm of your hand. I'm not going to tell you the third sign because it would confirm you as a nutter, then you'd hate me.