Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

"Elephants Are Doing Something Deeply Human

They’re part of a growing list of animals that use namelike calls."

"Loss of oxygen in lakes and oceans a major threat to ecosystems, society, and planet
Researcher links aquatic deoxygenation with the broader stability of Earth's systems"

Reactions: Woosh

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"The Indian Farmers Battling Climate Change With 10,000-year-old Emmer Wheat"

"Wing-slapping: A defensive behavior by honey bees against ants"

"However, the design can be miniaturized, and the researchers built a version that weighs only 9 milligrams."

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Quoting Wiki, CNN and Washington Post is one of the first signs of insanity. The second sign is having hairs on the palm of your hand. I'm not going to tell you the third sign because it would confirm you as a nutter, then you'd hate me.
Maybe we have fallen down the rabbit hole of variable criteria for truth like when Kelly Anne Conway said she had, 'alternative facts' when Trump had laughably claimed that no President in history had ever had so many people at his inauguration. The videos of the event showed something different, but she kept on lying to support his claim and became a laughing stock among all but the loony elements in the American population. The thing wasn't even important, but Trump had said it and they kept doubling down to support him.

The loss of respect for the truth is one of the most backward changes to be seen in my lifetime.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Cutting-Edge Technology Could Massively Reduce the Amount of Energy Used for Air Conditioning
Roughly 10 percent of the world’s energy is used for cooling, with much of the necessary electricity generated by fossil fuels. Companies need to make AC much more efficient—as soon as possible."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023