Prices of the electricity we use to charge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Chat gpt 4o is so much ahead of that useless Amazon Alexa thing that it is in a different Universe.

If you ask your questions carefully you get VERY good answers. It's free. If you pay a moderate fee, you can get a very much faster response time and more power applied to your questions and also you get pretty much no usage restriction. That said, The thing is normally blisteringly fast unless it is a very busy time.

Anyone who is interested should register for an account (free - I think it just needs an email address) and get stuck in to test it.

If you haven't tried it - don't knock it, because you're talking out of your backside - and using Alexa to talk down AI in general is like saying Ebikes are cr @p coz I rode a lead acid one in 1990 and it was heavy.

Go here, register and try it out: https://chatgpt.com/
I tried it during the trial by asking it the chemtrail questions. After three questions, it literally said that it wouldn't answer any more - presumably because I was tying it up in knots with its own answers. Try it! Obviously, if you're no good at debating or being able to structure difficult questions, it's not going to work.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I tried it during the trial by asking it the chemtrail questions. After three questions, it literally said that it wouldn't answer any more - presumably because I was tying it up in knots with its own answers. Try it! Obviously, if you're no good at debating or being able to structure difficult questions, it's not going to work.
I have tested it extensively in various of its versions over the last year or more.

Unlike me - it stops wasting its resources when it thinks it is being trolled. I should learn that from it.

My biggest criticism of it is that the training data it uses is always about six months out of date. I know why they don't retrain it every week though. The process consumes a massive amount of electric power. These are HUGE multi data centre machines which go through just about the entire published literature, technical knowledge and code writing canon of our civilisations in several languages. That is no mean feat and or commitment. What you get is free access to all of that - but do feel free to talk it down and ignore it if you want.

I remind you of what it had to say about your own contribution to this website. It swallowed the entire data base, analysed it and presented a summary of your posts here in about five seconds.

Yeah - its cr ap isn't it?

CHat GPT said:

"Saneagle is an esteemed contributor to the Pedelecs.co.uk forum, known for his detailed insights into electric bike modifications and technical advice, particularly in the realm of conversion kits and battery solutions. He has shared numerous posts about his own e-bike builds, offering guidance on components like motors and battery systems. His long-standing participation and expertise make him a respected figure in the community, often providing practical, hands-on advice to other members looking to enhance or repair their e-bikes(Pedelecs - Electric Bike Community).

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
It won't give you the answer YOU WANT when that answer does not accord with the mass of data it holds. It will very sensibly explain why it thinks you are mistaken and then it will shut down and stop wasting its time. This is not a fault. This is not evidence of bias. It is a sensible response to dealing with intransigent wrong headed arguments.

I made it do that too when I was testing it.

Having had my first experiments with home computers in the mid 1980s I was profeoundly disappointed by how useless they were in doing anything useful.

The fact that I can ask a machine a complex question in ordinary language and in a couple of seconds get a very useful answer on just about any topic I can think of is an absolute marvel, in my opinion. What astonishing progress has been made in the last couple of years in this area.

Here is an example:

My Question:

"
A friend of mine has developed a very suspicious approach to anything that is presented in what he calls 'the mainstream media. This has I think led him to believe in conspiracy theory thinking and dubious sources of information. What can I do to help him come to a more balanced view of the world and information sources?"

Two seconds later came the answer:

Helping your friend shift away from conspiracy thinking and distrust of mainstream media requires patience and a balanced approach. Here’s how you can help:
  1. Build trust in your conversations: Acknowledge that some skepticism is healthy, but emphasize the importance of distinguishing between credible skepticism and misinformation. Avoid directly dismissing their beliefs.
  2. Introduce media literacy: Teach them how to critically evaluate sources. Encourage fact-checking and exploring evidence-based reporting from various sources, including mainstream and independent outlets. Tools like fact-checking websites (e.g., Snopes, FactCheck.org) can help.
  3. Suggest diverse media: Recommend they explore a variety of viewpoints, including ones they might disagree with, from reputable sources. Discuss how different media have biases, but that doesn’t invalidate all their content.
  4. Encourage slow engagement: Conspiracy theories often offer simple answers to complex problems. Help them understand that reality is nuanced and encourage questioning without jumping to conclusions.
  5. Appeal to their curiosity: Instead of arguing, engage in open-ended conversations. Ask them to explain their sources and beliefs, which can prompt them to reflect on their reasoning.
  6. Focus on common ground: Identify issues where you both agree and use those points to bridge toward a shared understanding of how to assess information.
Helping them to critically think without pushing them away can gradually open their mind to a more balanced view.

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Check important info."

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
all the big name GPTs have alignment (on morality and societal issues). If you use the word chemtrails, they assume that you are a conspiracist and won't answer your repeated questions unless you run the model locally.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Here is another test of ChatGpt - I asked it a question about the reality of Aluminium / graphene batteries and whether they were just sales hype or technical reality for high power use. Then after its first answer I criticised one point and asked for more data which it produced.

All of this information came out in a couple of seconds. I think the ability to ask real language questions and have a massive thinking machine understand exactly what I want and supply data is amazing!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Introduce media literacy: Teach them how to critically evaluate sources. Encourage fact-checking and exploring evidence-based reporting from various sources, including mainstream and independent outlets. Tools like fact-checking websites (e.g., Snopes, FactCheck.org) can help.
Really???!!!
When I was a schoolteacher teaching IT, I taught the kids to use trusted sources like the BBC and The Times. I can't believe how wrong i was. I wish I could get all those kids back and explain to them how it works.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Really???!!!
When I was a schoolteacher teaching IT, I taught the kids to use trusted sources like the BBC and The Times. I can't believe how wrong i was. I wish I could get all those kids back and explain to them how it works.
Ha ha ha.....

That was before you were got at... :)

I do sympathise with your issues concerning the BBC. In my view, it has been over run by lefty youngsters and people pushing agendas of a very liberal nature. This I think poisons a lot of their drama and documentary output. Their treatment of the conflict in the Middle East emphasises the grief of only SOME of the civilians and utterly neglects the responsibility of the Iranian Proxy killers who created the onslaught that now results.

I have never ever thought there were no issues - the question is how far do people go from the normal channels of journalism towards utter lunacy.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ha ha ha.....

That was before you were got at... :)

I do sympathise with your issues concerning the BBC. In my view, it has been over run by lefty youngsters and people pushing agendas of a very liberal nature. This I think poisons a lot of their drama and documentary output. Their treatment of the conflict in the Middle East emphasises the grief of civilians and utterly neglects the responsibility of the Iranian Proxy killers who created the onslaught that now results.

I have never ever thought there were no issues - the question is how far do people go from the normal channels of journalism towards utter lunacy.

On my tasks given to AI bots - I have just been testing out Google's Gemini. Not for the first time but it seems to have got faster. The task I gave Chatgpt a few minutes ago I tried on Gemini. The suggested draft story came through in two seconds and is better than the one ChatGPT gave me. Link below->

Good points. Here's how I see it: If I were the cleverest guy in the world and I wanted to spread a few conspiracy theories, like Covid vaccines are good for you, or the Russians are the bad guys in the Ukraine war, I'd accuse anybody who produces evidence to the contrary to be a conspiracy theorist. The problem then is that uneducated and uninformed people wouldn't know which side to trust, so I'd set up a whole load of groups to spread actual conspiracy theories that are easy to debunk, like the flat earthers and the climate change is man-made brigade, then you can use that as proof that actual conspiracy theories do exist, and therefore those that speak against you must also be de facto conspiracy theorists.

Remember that the guys running the world have all the resources they need at their disposal, and they can afford to employ the most intelligent guys in the world to come up with all these ideas and plans. They offered me a job, but I turned them down, but after a bit of pressure, I just do a bit of freelance work for them when I have time.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Good points. Here's how I see it: If I were the cleverest guy in the world and I wanted to spread a few conspiracy theories, like Covid vaccines are good for you, or the Russians are the bad guys in the Ukraine war, I'd accuse anybody who produces evidence to the contrary to be a conspiracy theorist. The problem then is that uneducated and uninformed people wouldn't know which side to trust, so I'd set up a whole load of groups to spread actual conspiracy theories that are easy to debunk, like the flat earthers and the climate change is man-made brigade, then you can use that as proof that actual conspiracy theories do exist, and therefore those that speak against you must also be de facto conspiracy theorists.

Remember that the guys running the world have all the resources they need at their disposal, and they can afford to employ the most intelligent guys in the world to come up with all these ideas and plans. They offered me a job, but I turned them down, but after a bit of pressure, I just do a bit of freelance work for them when I have time.
I think the big weakness of the conspiracy theory mindset is that it assumes that our governments are capable of keeping secrets - that's just for starters.... What we see is that they are constantly being rocked by revelations - Boris's parties (not really his - he was more the victim of them than the author), Starmer's snout in the trough to the tune of a hundred grand in 'presents', disquiet inside government - Sue Gray now gone because of briefing, SNP massive theft of party money coming right up to one of the most scheming people in politics - Sturgeon UNDER ARREST (still) and her husband Peter Murrell actually charged with embezzelment of money. You just couldnt make it up. They are constantly being toppled by leaks pouring out of their secret cabals like a fountain. If they tried to set up a conspiracy, it would be out in public before they'd barely thought of it and mentioned it to their mates. NOTHING in government or politics stays secret - Just ask Trump. Last weekend, the big BBC interview with Kuenssberg and Borris Johnson had to be cancelled because the questions she was going to ask Boris were accidentally CC'd to Boris in an email --- Ha ha ha - bloodly marvellous. Lets cc our secret plans to the enemy.... Conspiracy ALWAYS gets out - so no - I'm not having it.

If you are talking about how politicians and others put their opponents down, there is nothing new there. They will say whatever they can to 'put a smell on their detractors'. That term 'put a smell on', was used by Alec Salmond's barrister. He was taped on a train 'conspiring' to make one of Salmond's female accusers look bad at the Salmond trial. He said something like, 'All I need to do is put a smell on her.' It may have been a video. He was on a train to London from Edinburgh, I think chatting away loudly and someone twigged and recorded the event. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/alex-salmond-qc-gordon-jackson-faculty-of-advocates-a4406991.html

By the way - Covid vaccines are good for you. I've had about six and I am getting another one on Friday. I had covid once and I don't want it again.

EDIT: the only time I ever had a day's illness in the last 8 years was when I got covid.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Also ------ VERY bad language in the Whitehouse. What is Kamala's favourite expletive?

If they can't keep this stuff secret, what chance they are running massive global conspiracies? NONE - is my answer to that.

EDIT: why can't politicians keep anything hidden - just look here ->

The White House declined to comment; and, well, that’s some bullshit.

Do you work in the Biden administration? Are you in touch with the White House? Are you ALEIGHA CAVALIER, associate director of strategic outreach?

We want to hear from you — and we’ll keep you anonymous: westwingtips@politico.com.

Or if you want to stay really anonymous send us a tip through SecureDrop, Signal, Telegram, or Whatsapp here.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

thats the real news becouse it all comes true just give it 6 months to come out on msm :rolleyes:

and where me machine gun :mad:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think the big weakness of the conspiracy theory mindset is that it assumes that our governments are capable of keeping secrets - that's just for starters.... What we see is that they are constantly being rocked by revelations - Boris's parties (not really his - he was more the victim of them than the author), Starmer's snout in the trough to the tune of a hundred grand in 'presents', disquiet inside government - Sue Gray now gone because of briefing, SNP massive theft of party money coming right up to one of the most scheming people in politics - Sturgeon UNDER ARREST (still) and her husband Peter Murrell actually charged with embezzelment of money. You just couldnt make it up. They are constantly being toppled by leaks pouring out of their secret cabals like a fountain. If they tried to set up a conspiracy, it would be out in public before they'd barely thought of it and mentioned it to their mates. NOTHING in government or politics stays secret - Just ask Trump. Last weekend, the big BBC interview with Kuenssberg and Borris Johnson had to be cancelled because the questions she was going to ask Boris were accidentally CC'd to Boris in an email --- Ha ha ha - bloodly marvellous. Lets cc our secret plans to the enemy.... Conspiracy ALWAYS gets out - so no - I'm not having it.

If you are talking about how politicians and others put their opponents down, there is nothing new there. They will say whatever they can to 'put a smell on their detractors'. That term 'put a smell on', was used by Alec Salmond's barrister. He was taped on a train 'conspiring' to make one of Salmond's female accusers look bad at the Salmond trial. He said something like, 'All I need to do is put a smell on her.' It may have been a video. He was on a train to London from Edinburgh, I think chatting away loudly and someone twigged and recorded the event. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/alex-salmond-qc-gordon-jackson-faculty-of-advocates-a4406991.html

By the way - Covid vaccines are good for you. I've had about six and I am getting another one on Friday. I had covid once and I don't want it again.

EDIT: the only time I ever had a day's illness in the last 8 years was when I got covid.
I'm an engineer, not a doctor, but I can still use logic. You had 6 covid vaccines, you still got covid and it was the worst thing you've had. Can you explain again how that works because I think I'm missing something. I'm no expert, but I thought the idea of the vaccines is to stop you from getting Covid. Did you forget to get one or did the doctor inject you with the wrong stuff?

I had covid in June. I got it because I was shacked up with two people that already had it. The woman had had 6 vaccines and the guy had had 5. I thought that was supposed to keep me safe!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Vaccines don't cure diseases, they don't attack the disease, but prepare your body to fight the disease much sooner than otherwise. The net result is the disease becomes less severe, at least theoretically.
The problem with covid vaccines is that our body still doesn't know how to kill the virus so even when you start fighting covid, you are not guaranteed a win. That's why people are still sceptical. Until we can find a medicine that kills the virus, people will remain skeptical about their usefulness.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i never got it because i smoke to much cheese :eek:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I'm an engineer, not a doctor, but I can still use logic. You had 6 covid vaccines, you still got covid and it was the worst thing you've had. Can you explain again how that works because I think I'm missing something. I'm no expert, but I thought the idea of the vaccines is to stop you from getting Covid. Did you forget to get one or did the doctor inject you with the wrong stuff?

I had covid in June. I got it because I was shacked up with two people that already had it. The woman had had 6 vaccines and the guy had had 5. I thought that was supposed to keep me safe!
That's an over-simplified understanding of the concept of viruses, vaccines and how they work

If you are unprotected viruses get inside (maybe through your nose or mouth into your breathing system) and start infecting your cells. They use the cell's functions to make more copies of themselves and then the cell dies and bursts and all the new viruses get out of the dead cell and try to infect other cells. This is what the snot and phlegm of flu and colds, or covid is all about, and it is why you feel so rank or have a horrible sore throat. Your cells are actually being killed. Phlegm is mucous and dead cells being removed and coughed up. The greener it is the more dead cells are in it. If you have not had the particular disease before, your immune system takes time to recognise that there is a problem and is a bit slow to get really cranked up to destroy the millions of virus particles that are inside your cells. This gives the virus a free pass to mess you up badly. This is why when Europeans went to the Americas millions of natives died of ordinary diseases we Europeans had been dealing with for ages with o bother. They had never seen these bugs before. They had no immunity. We start getting immunity from our mothers and their milk and we build on it throughout our lives. But if a virus is entirely new like Sars-Covi-2 was in 2019/20 we are in the same position as the Native Americans were when Columbus and the rest turned up with all their old European bugs and plagues. People die in droves.

Usually - you will get on top of most virus diseases yourself, but some viruses are so virulent, that they will make you gravely ill, and leave you dead, or badly damaged. Think of Derek Draper - not an old man - not an especially fat man and not a sick man, but utterly wrecked by covid and now dead (Kate Garaway's husband. I actually met him once as it happens). The world over - millions of people died of covid and many were badly harmed.

Once you have had a virus and recovered - vaccinated or not, you will be able to fight it off most likely if it or a variant comes along again. But viruses mutate at pretty rapid rate so after a bit, the next time the virus comes into your lungs or nose or whatever, it won't be quite the same and you may find it getting a good hold on your system before you immune system gets to grips with it.

So - vaccination is about presenting the body before you are exposed to a virus with a dead version of the virus, or a bit of its DNA which causes your body to muster new defences in advance to fight off the invasion of microbes when they come. The vaccine doesn't kill the virus - it warns and prepares YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM to fight the virus when it comes,

Individual differences in the population mean people get different levels of protection, either through natural infection or vaccination, because the protection comes from their own immune system, albeit primed to spot the dangerous organism. - but when vaccinated they are not likely to get gravely ill.

Not always true though. People with compromised immune systems, people on some serious medications, or with certain conditions, or just the very old people have compromised immune systems and even when vaccinated will get seriously ill and some die.

Another thing is that some bugs like Covid -19 evolve very fast and the vaccine you got five years ago, if you did get one, is no longer ideal for getting your body to recognise the new variant. The Covid -19 of 2024 is not the same virus as it was five years ago. It has changed enough to have some capability of evading the old vaccine, so new vaccine variants have been produced to better match the way the newer versions of the bug present to the cells of the body.

Its the same with anti-biotics which we use to fight off bacteria. They eventually evolve changes which help them get away from our treatments. The very very short life cycle of microbes makes them able to have thousands of generations in no time at all, so evolution helps them change and escape our treatments. THAT is why to retain protection, you need more jabs with adapted, newer vaccines and this is why even vaccinated and pretty healthy people get the covid again. The point is though that on a population level, there are very few now who get it so badly as it was in the first outbreak. Even getting it mildly is not nice. I've had tinnitus ever since I got it.

But it can fk people up big time - especially if they are older like us and since I am pretty much having a ball in my life, I'm up for a quick stick with a tiny needle so I don't get the thing again, or if I do get it, it won't be bad dose.

Friday - 11.30 am. What's not to like?

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Vaccines don't cure diseases, they don't attack the disease, but prepare your body to fight the disease much sooner than otherwise. The net result is the disease becomes less severe, at least theoretically.
The problem with covid vaccines is that our body still doesn't know how to kill the virus so even when you start fighting covid, you are not guaranteed a win. That's why people are still sceptical. Until we can find a medicine that kills the virus, people will remain skeptical about their usefulness.
The thing that made Sars-Covi-2 so bad for some people at the beginning of the outbreak when it first got out of that Chinese lab at Wuhan which was experimenting with bat viruses, was that when the virus really got a hold of them, some of them had a massive inflammation reaction where their immune system went bonkers in the lungs. It was referred to as a 'Cytokine Storm' .

What was killing many of the gravely ill patients was that because of the levels of virus present, their own immune system went into a sort of shock turbo mode and filled up their lungs with mucous and snot and blood and they drowned. The only way they could save them in some cases when this happened was to put them on their front to try and drain their secretions and to prescribe a cheap steroid which counter intuitively, toned down their immune system, so this over reaction didn't happen or was stopped. Sounds bonkers but the immune over drive was what was killing them. My partner was a doc working at the time and they saw loads of this stuff. Always pees me off when people say the whole thing was a hoax. They barely had enough body bags at times.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

and it has had the most adverse reactions in the history of all vaccines combined.

well it did make a killing in one way or another, ill keep smoking my cheese and drinking hi power cider :p

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm up for a quick stick with a tiny needle so I don't get the thing again.
Look at the facts, covid is so widespread that almost all of us have been exposed to it.
I myself have had covid 3 times, I doubt that another jab is going to change the probability of me getting covid again or that I will fight it better i next time I get it.
This said, I am still going to get another jab tomorrow at 10AM.