Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Experts are saying that the explosive was PETN, and it was placed on the Lithium battery. It explodes when it gets hot, so the remote trigger must have shorted the battery, which heated up enough to make the PETN explode.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Experts are saying that the explosive was PETN, and it was placed on the Lithium battery. It explodes when it gets hot, so the remote trigger must have shorted the battery, which heated up enough to make the PETN explode.
nobody is safe!
what would you do if you need to buy a replacement battery for your phone?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
nobody is safe!
Not true, I'm safe from this because I've never fallen for the smartphone and pager scams. Like my forebears over as much as 100,000 years, I've had and still have a very satisfying life without such rubbish.

It doesn't always help anyway. Yesterday a 90 year old who I work with in our nature reserve collapsed in there and was found unconscious on the grass by two youngsters. They rang for an ambulance and being obviously some of the best of our young, they waited for two hours with him, after which still no ambulance had turned up. So they rang their mother who, as he had recovered consciousness, volunteered to drive there and take him to his home which she did. There he rang for an ambulance to at least get checked over and eventually one did turn up. He's now still in A & E since yesterday but we are unable to get any information on his state

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Not true, I'm safe from this because I've never fallen for the smartphone and pager scams. Like my forebears over as much as 100,000 years, I've had and still have a very satisfying life without such rubbish.

Saneagle's explanation seems plausible. In the future, who knows who will target whom? Imagine some hacker claims that he has boobytrapped thousands of android phones..

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
That battery over-heating approach would be far too unsophisticated. Precise timing of the detonation is at the heart of this attack.

The method of creating the explosion to maximum effect, encouraged the user to pick up the device and look at it. The pagers emitted a sound and then after a very short interval, they exploded causing very serious injuries to the hands face and eyes of the Hezbollah fighters. The timing for maximum effect (which certainly came to pass) had to be precise, which would not be the case if the lithium battery was made to heat up. PETN explodes if heated to 200 centigrade. If as you say the battery was caused to overheat there would be too much variability in timing as this would be state of charge dependent. Great precision of timing would be required to make the attack as effective as it was. One account I have read involved a doctor saying he had never seen as many very grave injuries to eyes in his whole career. Given the rather small explosions they had to be right in front of the face to do that. The Israeli security services would have access to much more sophisticated explosive compounds than PETN. You can be sure that no expense was spared in this caper.

I think in coming days we will see that the Hungarian manufacturer is a Mossad front and that they had entire control of the supply chain and the ordering process.

As to the booby trap method, their associates would have hacked the code of the pager and hidden the explosives in a dummy component, or in an adapted battery, detonating the charge by a direct electrical connection to an unused output of the micro controller. This output would be made to go high on a special signal from the micro controller. The output line from the controller probably operated driver transistor to a mosfet switch feeding full battery voltage to a nichrome wire to ground inside the charge. The switch would need to be driven hard on so a driver would need to be placed between the controller line and the mosfet gate.

The degree of penetration of Hezbollah is extraordinary. It must be the most sophisticated black op of all time and they had to be in total control of the ordering of these pagers which were only in the hands of Hezbollah and its allies. They were not on general release.

It is probable that Mossad penetration extends to people within Hezbollah itself who ordered the pagers from the front company. How else could they have got them to be adopted and sent out to so many fighters and organisers?

They also have to have known that the supplied pagers were in widespread use already and not stored in a warehouse.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
nobody is safe!
Nobody is safe?

Not really.

The moral of the story seems to be that people who join militias and terror organisations dedicated to attacking Israel, and then actually do so, had better not underestimate the extremely sophisticated spy agency of that country, and its reach in terms of tricking them into buying and deploying a product which in a few minutes took out about 4000 of their key operatives.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
That battery over-heating approach would be far too unsophisticated. Precise timing of the detonation is at the heart of this attack.

The method of creating the explosion to maximum effect, encouraged the user to pick up the device and look at it. The pagers emitted a sound and then after a very short interval, they exploded causing very serious injuries to the hands face and eyes of the Hezbollah fighters. The timing for maximum effect (which certainly came to pass) had to be precise, which would not be the case if the lithium battery was made to heat up. PETN explodes if heated to 200 centigrade. If as you say the battery was caused to overheat there would be too much variability in timing as this would be state of charge dependent. Great precision of timing would be required to make the attack as effective as it was. One account I have read involved a doctor saying he had never seen as many very grave injuries to eyes in his whole career. Given the rather small explosions they had to be right in front of the face to do that.

I think in coming days we will see that the Hungarian manufacturer is a Mossad front and that they had entire control of the supply chain and the ordering process.

As to the booby trap method, their associates would have hacked the code of the pager and hidden the explosives in dummy component, or in an adapted battery, detonating the PETN by a direct electrical connection to an unused output of the micro controller. This output would be made to go high on a special signal from the micro controller. The output line from the controller probably operated driver transistor to a mosfet switch feeding full battery voltage to a nichrome wire to ground inside the PETN. The switch would need to be driven hard on so a driver would need to be placed between the controller line and the mosfet.

The degree of penetration of Hezbollah is extraordinary. It must be the most sophisticated black op of all time and they had to be in total control of the ordering of these pagers which were only in the hands of Hezbollah and its allies. They were not on general release.

It is probable that Mossad penetration extends to people within Hezbollah itself who ordered the pagers from the front company. How else could they have got them to be adopted and sent out to so many fighters and organisers?

They also have to have known that the supplied pagers were in widespread use already and not stored in a warehouse.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The destruction of the secure communications systems brings incalculable damage to Hezbollah in Lebanon. They dare not use the systems that they have built up and relied on, so they can only communicate now with land lines, mobile phones and by hand passed notes. The first two of these you can be sure are wide open to spying by Israel.

I am going to make a prediction that this has been a prelude to an invasion of southern Lebanon and the clearing out of Hezbollah.

Hezbollah is not an invited guest in Lebanon. It is an imposition put there by Iran to make trouble. It's forces are stronger than the Lebanese army. I think in the next few days the Israelis will invade its northern neighbour, for there is no reason to have played this hand unless it is part of a rapid push to get rid of the troublemakers.

Might be wrong - but I can't see the sense of what has happened unless it is a decapitation prior to the finishing off another Iran backed proxy.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It was reported that some of the exploding pagers and walkie-talkies are old. If this is true, soft pouch lithium batteries should be replaced with safer batteries.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the FBI may have problems charging Ryan Wesley Routh with attempted assassination.
He didn't fire a bullet nor pointing his gun at Trump.
They may have to drop all charges.

Reactions: POLLY

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
if he is what you suggest he may be, I doubt that Trump is still alive.
The latest claim that about 20 people sitting in a stand just behind Trump all went to hospital because they had blurred vision and dizziness. While not an assassination attempt, it looks like some nerve gas attack on Trump that missed its target. Maybe the idea was just to make him appear disorientated in front of the crowd so that they could claim he was too old and now suffering from whatever got Biden.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The latest claim that about 20 people sitting in a stand just behind Trump all went to hospital because they had blurred vision and dizziness. While not an assassination attempt, it looks like some nerve gas attack on Trump that missed its target. Maybe the idea was just to make him appear disorientated in front of the crowd so that they could claim he was too old and now suffering from whatever got Biden.
he's not far off from showing clear signs of dementia. You can watch his incoherent ramblings on TV if you look. If some foreign power or the CIA wanted Trump dead then he's already dead. The professionals have access to drones, snipers' weapons, bombs, poisons, polonium, IEDs or just covid.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
It appears that the detonator was set to go off when people pressed the pager button. Reports were that people looked at them then pressed off and thats what detonated the explosive.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The latest claim that about 20 people sitting in a stand just behind Trump all went to hospital because they had blurred vision and dizziness.
It was a gas attack all right. the ex president shat himself.

Reactions: Woosh