Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"A new theory has finally deciphered the physical mechanisms of fracture in soft materials. This discovery could soon lead to new, defect-free materials that are more resistant and durable as well as environmentally friendly. The article "Elastic instability behind brittle fracture" was recently published by Physical Review Letters."

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • :D
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Intel confirms no recall for Raptor Lake CPUs, microcode won’t fix affected units
it appears that recent Intel CPUs are affected by oxidation of the vias on the chip.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Physicists introduce method for mechanical detection of individual nuclear decays

"Researchers at Yale University recently introduced a new method to mechanically detect an individual nuclear decay, the process through which an unstable atomic nucleus loses energy via the emission of radiation. Their proposed approach, outlined in a paper in Physical Review Letters, is sensitive to all particles emitted in the decay, including neutral ones, which are difficult or impossible to detect using existing methods. "

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
The only conspiracy that any sane person sees here is the plan of a sad, ignored, wannabe famous, loner, to make a name for himself by carrying out a murderous outrage, with no regard for anyone that was near his intended target. It does not matter that I despise Trump; I utterly condemn such a horrible crime.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Southport attack misinformation fuels far-right discourse on social media

Misinformation spread rapidly and led to rioters clashing with police outside a mosque in the wake of a knife attack that left three children dead in Southport.

"Far-right demonstrators have thrown flares towards Downing Street and a statue of Winston Churchill as they clashed with riot police in London."

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Former counter-terror chief accuses Farage of inciting Southport violence

"Neil Basu – a former senior Scotland Yard officer who was in charge of counter-terrorism from 2018 to 2021 – said there were “real world consequences” when public figures failed to “keep their mouth shut”.

“Nigel Farage is giving the EDL [English Defence League] succour, undermining the police, creating conspiracy theories, and giving a false basis for the attacks on the police,” he said, referring to the far-right, Islamophobic group whose supporters are believed to have been involved in the rioting in Southport.

“Has Nigel Farage condemned the violence? Has he condemned the EDL? Fomenting discord in society is what these people seem to exist for,” Basu added."

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Former counter-terror chief accuses Farage of inciting Southport violence

"Neil Basu – a former senior Scotland Yard officer who was in charge of counter-terrorism from 2018 to 2021 – said there were “real world consequences” when public figures failed to “keep their mouth shut”.

“Nigel Farage is giving the EDL [English Defence League] succour, undermining the police, creating conspiracy theories, and giving a false basis for the attacks on the police,” he said, referring to the far-right, Islamophobic group whose supporters are believed to have been involved in the rioting in Southport.

“Has Nigel Farage condemned the violence? Has he condemned the EDL? Fomenting discord in society is what these people seem to exist for,” Basu added."

I think Farrage is a blowhard, but from the information i have seen, it is a very long stretch to suggest that he has anything to do with what happened in Southport, which was a disgusting riot and nothing less. Farrage, for all his flaws, is nothing to do with the EDL, or that criminal wretch and fugitive from the law, Yaxley Lennon.

Of course, that doesn't stop Basu and the Guardian linking him and any Reform voter with the scum who turned up and rioted in Southport. The evidence is that these riff raff were not even from the area, but swarmed in and turned a respectable vigil into a violent disgrace.

I remember when a trainload of EDL savages arrived at the Central Station in Newcastle a few years ago, drunk and obnoxious and rampaged through the city centre, abusing people with darker skin. They came from Luton, i think. They were certainly nothing to do with us, or Farrage (who i don't much like by the way).

Fair, honest reporting is out of fashion, it seems. Any politician who asks questions about who carried out an outrage like the horrible stabbing, has every right to do so.

Unlike Basu, Reform recieved several million votes in the election. Who is Basu to tell him not to speak?

I did not vote for Reform by the way.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

This analysis posted earlier puts the entire blame on far right websites on telegram and twitter.

These are not affiliated with a party that won four million votes at the general election, despite what Basu and the Guardian would like to suggest.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think Farrage is a blowhard, but from the information i have seen, it is a very long stretch to suggest that he has anything to do with what happened in Southport, which was a disgusting riot and nothing less. Farrage, for all his flaws, is nothing to do with the EDL, or that criminal wretch and fugitive from the law, Yaxley Lennon.

Of course, that doesn't stop Basu and the Guardian linking him and any Reform voter with the scum who turned up and rioted in Southport. The evidence is that these riff raff were not even from the area, but swarmed in and turned a respectable vigil into a violent disgrace.

I remember when a trainload of EDL savages arrived at the Central Station in Newcastle a few years ago, drunk and obnoxious and rampaged through the city centre, abusing people with darker skin. They came from Luton, i think. They were certainly nothing to do with us, or Farrage (who i don't much like by the way).

Fair, honest reporting is out of fashion, it seems. Any politician who asks questions about who carried out an outrage like the horrible stabbing, has every right to do so.

Unlike Basu, Reform recieved several million votes in the election. Who is Basu to tell him not to speak?

I did not vote for Reform by the way.
In case you don't know, the EDL disbanded 10 years ago. Yes, most of them are still alive and probably have the same values, but what happened in Southport was nothing to do with them, and they all live in Luton, anyway.

If you spend any time around the working class estates and pubs around Southport, you'll see that it's full of the type of guys that were at that riot. They're not armies of hooligans brought in by bus: There's no need. None of the normal right wing protestors that you see at the other rallies were there.

Last edited: