Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Why not say something that YOU made up?

Why for example, do you equate someone who suggests it is wrong to advocate taking from hard working people, what they made themselves, and giving it away to others, with the German Nazi Party and the murderers of Anne Frank?

That is just utterly banal and stupid - and Lenny - everyone here knows it - except you....

• :D
Reactions: lenny

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Lenny said nothing....... as usual.

• Disagree
Reactions: lenny

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The far right bigot shows his true self.
The hard left Cobynista shows his true self....

The UK because the benefit from working is wholly inadequate and survival without working is possible with little if any loss of living standards. I baled out of employment as I passed fifty and am now in my fourth decade of non-employment and might even enter a fifth decade.

My living standards today are the highest they've ever been, coupled with those retired decades being the happiest and most contented of any.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Says the hard left Corbyinista, who a couple of days ago admitted he retired from work and contribution at fifty and spent the last thirty years poncing off the tax payer.... Nice one. What would happen if we all did that.
Typical far right distortion. Taken apart:

"hard left Corbinista". Hardly, given I've already told you that I spent much of my life voting conservative and still do where that is the best choice, such as for the current GLC.

"admitted he retired from work - at fifty". I didn't admit, I'm proud of having achieved that very long planned intention. But I still made up my N.I. contributions to the full requirement.

"spent the last thirty years poncing off the tax payer". No, I've lived off my own hard earned money and have continued to pay Income Tax and all other relevant taxes throughout. And I'm politically strongly opposed to inheritance, believing all we have should become the property of the state for redistribution at death.

"Nice one. What would happen if we all did that." Nice one indeed, we'd all be leading the life we personally wanted to lead, rather that that dictated by a wealthy, privileged far right elite. It is after all what we were promised back in the 1960s with the approach of automation, a life of leisure instead of wage slavery.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Why for example, do you equate someone who suggests it is wrong to advocate taking from hard working people, what they made themselves, and giving it away to others, with the German Nazi Party and the murderers of Anne Frank?
"One of the inadvertent effects of mainstream politicians aping parties further to their right on migration is that it makes the original anti-immigration parties seem more respectable, acceptable and electable."

Reactions: flecc

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The usual banal stupidity, as the hard left pretends that addressing the views, worries and problems of the four million people who voted Reform (not where my vote went by the way) is the same thing that happened when Hitler came to power. Everyone who has views anywhere slightly right of New Labour, is dismissed as a storm trooper by these donkeys.... Utter balderdash and idiocy.

What we see right across Europe, is that the political elite has IGNORED the plight of ordinary people, and ruined the quality of their lives. That is true here, as well as in several European nations. The result of this, is a shift in the views of masses of the population, resulting in movements generally towards more right wing parties.

Reform got 4.1 million votes. In France National Rally gained the largest share of votes in the first round, and the political class are today finagling to contrive that in every constituency, National Rally will face only one opponent, to try to keep them out. It may yet work, or perhaps not.

It is not just FRance where these movements are gaining strength.

National Rally, and the rest all over Europe are NOT the Nazi Party - they are ordinary angry people, disparaged as 'populists' by left wing a- holes, who have betrayed their grass roots origins, and ignored their people, dismissing them as 'dumb', left behind idiots, not fit to have a vote, simply because they reject the idea that European countries should be transformed by hordes of migrants, who ultimately end up, whatever their own personal qualities, as individuals, forming a massive group who compete with the ordinary people, for jobs, housing, and government services. Many of them also reject the EU, which they recognise as the architect of mass migration, and nations without border controls.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Après Macron, le déluge
7 July 2024, 6:00am

Link: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/apres-macron-le-deluge/
Another opinion piece from someone who has preconceived ideas about the macron's situation in France. Macron took the decision to call an election because he would be defeated in a vote of no confidence in as early as September. Sunak called the election for similar reasons. The ERG destroyed the tories, not sunak.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Another opinion piece from someone who has preconceived ideas about the macron's situation in France. Macron took the decision to call an election because he would be defeated in a vote of no confidence in as early as September. Sunak called the election for similar reasons. The ERG destroyed the tories, not sunak.
How come someone or some organisation had the power to persuade virtually every MP to walk out of Parliament when Andrew Bridgen made his speech, but you think the same power caouldn't be used to persuade the Tories to vote for their own agenda? It doesn't make sense.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
MPs knew what Bridgen was about, most disagreed with him so they didn't need anyone to tell them to walk out.
The ERG understands what a large proportion of their membership wants. Their MPs had to govern the whole country so cannot pander to the view of a tiny group of people. Let's wait and see how Reform is going to professionalise their party.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Far left communists, cutting and pasting stuff from the far left communist rags, like the Guardian and BBC. I've even seen the Huffington Post quoted. Some people have it really bad. Is there a de-left spray that can cure them, like that stuff Harry and Paul used on Clarkson Island to cure a certain type of Clarksons Ca. 2:40 here:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost1951

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Let's wait and see how Reform is going to professionalise their party.
"So just how do those candidates and campaigners stay looking so good when they're on the road for weeks at a time, kissing babies and shaking hands all day? We got some political insiders to give us their best tips."

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Labour MP calls for 'toxicity in our politics' to stop after home 'attacked with sledgehammer'"

"Labour candidate defeated by Farage reveals safety fears during campaign"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015