Prices of the electricity we use to charge

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
You're missing the point. The story is that he wasn't a nobody. It's that he was an actor working on behalf of Ch4 so that they could make a story that there are right wing extremists in the Reform party. He used his acting voice on Ch4, not his real voice, which is how he was exposed as acting the part and not just being himself.
And the BBC using "bots" to show how some other party was supposedly using bots. An "it's only wrong if we, the chosen, aren't doing it" attitude. It's all a circus! :)

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
When we get a new government, taxing organisations like Amazon and Ebay should be high on the agenda. They claim to be based elsewhere (low corporation tax jurisdictions like Ireland) but they are sucking up huge amounts of UK retail business and need to be taxed fairly.

Unlike individuals, mega profitable corporations will not jump on a plane and go elsewhere. They won't turn their back on profitable markets.

Mind you - be clear about this. It won't be Apple, Ebay, or Amazon shareholders who pay any tax. They will simply raise the prices customers pay. Corporations don't pay tax - their customers do. So when you tax Ebay, you pay when you buy something on the platform.
Interestingly they tell the UK they pay it in Ireland, and tell the EU they pay it in the US. And probably tell Ireland they pay it in the Virgin Islands, while Ireland still pays (gets robbed by) the EU according to fictitious "GDP". :-(
(check politicians pockets for brown envelopes :cool: )
Bermuda

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost1951

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"UK general election: Rishi Sunak says he believes he will win despite poll projections"

"Rishi Sunak says he is proud of disastrous election campaign - and claims he will win

Tory leader is 20 points behind in the polls, amid rows over a D-Day snub and a gambling scandal – but says he will be PM on Friday despite admitting Brexit is bad for many businesses "

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"The presenter then confronted him with messages from viewers. Julian said: "Why, oh why isn't anything working? It grieves me sorely to see the state this country has degenerated into??"

Another viewer, Michael, wrote: "Why does my son's school not have enough money for glue-sticks? Why do I have potholes on almost every road I drive on? Why can't I get a doctor's appointment? Why are the beaches closed when it rains and rivers polluted beyond measure?"

Sheila, another voter, said: "Our worry isn't about tax. It's about having the basics."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Back in 2022, they had just received a gas bill which had doubled from £240 the previous month to £490."

""As a leader, Kier Starmer doesn't quite cut it for me. I cannot put my finger on it. But when I look at the Conservative record over the past 14 years, I have no choice really but to support Labour this time around." "

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
""As a leader, Kier Starmer doesn't quite cut it for me. I cannot put my finger on it. But when I look at the Conservative record over the past 14 years, I have no choice really but to support Labour this time around." "
agreed.
The best PM since I came to the UK are JM and TM.
Both were even duller than Starmer.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"The SNP's Stephen Flynn told Sky News the situation is a "shambles" and said his party had warned the Conservatives not to hold the election now as so many families in Scotland would be on holiday.

He said the government told them they could vote by post so the fact they have not received their ballots in time is "outrageous" and could affect the outcome of the vote where seats are tight."

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240702_212545[1].jpg :p

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Supermajority claims are voter suppression - Starmer"

"YouGov's final MRP of the election suggests that 16 of the current 26 cabinet minister employed by the government will lose their seats - including Jeremy Hunt. Other notable Tories, like Sir Iain Duncan Smith and Miriam Cates, also face ejection from the Commons."

Last edited: