Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Update from my post of 4 years ago. To contribute to my good health, I now avoid all processed food wherever possible. Also, I’m on a meat free diet, no alcohol, sugars or smoking. I’m 86 now and still do a regular 17 mile cycle route daily when weather permits.
Beans are good for human beings! Talking of which, I went for a slow run this morning, and sorry to report didn't die of a heart attack, stroke, or both at the same time. Will adjust diet again... :rolleyes:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/slow-running-thread.45063/#post-720428

Bad news: I survived one mile uphill and one down again... but my heart did skip a beat 2/3rds of the way up, it's been doing that lately... woke me up with at least 12 very hard and rapid beats the other night... so it's back to the three raw garlic cloves a day for me! And back onto beans again, instead of the chocolate and roast chicken I've been stress eating almost exclusively for two weeks.

And then I had a sharp headache to the left above my left eye, as I approached my front door. Loosened dagger shaped blood clot on it's way to kill my amygdala I expect

I'll get back out for more slow running tomorrow, if not again in a little while, because my body does love it.
Reminds me, must make more natto and sprout more beans! :p Sprouting or fermenting reduces antinutients and fartiness, makes them more nutritious. Like sex, anyone can do it.

In case there's a remote chance of anyone even vaguely actually being interested in nutritious bean sprouting for human beings: I bought my easy to use bean sprouting jars on amazon, but by way of example, these from ebay are the similar... but I'd choose a seller with a beter rating, or buy from Amazon. Ebay is usually cheaper, unless there's a flash sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364971839680

WARNING: Some bean types are dangerous without cooking after sprouting, for example kidney beans.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Beans are good for human beings! Talking of which, I went for a slow run this morning, and sorry to report didn't die of a heart attack, stroke, or both at the same time. Will adjust diet again... :rolleyes:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/slow-running-thread.45063/#post-720428

Reminds me, must make more natto and sprout more beans! :p Sprouting or fermenting reduces antinutients and fartiness, makes them more nutritious. Like sex, anyone can do it.

In case there's a remote chance of anyone even vaguely actually being interested in nutritious bean sprouting for human beings: I bought my easy to use bean sprouting jars on amazon, but by way of example, these from ebay are the similar... but I'd choose a seller with a beter rating, or buy from Amazon. Ebay is usually cheaper, unless there's a flash sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364971839680

WARNING: Some bean types are dangerous without cooking after sprouting, for example kidney beans.
Don't mess with this stuff.

Just eat Pie and chips.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
It’s not just us: Other animals change their social habits in old age

In patterns that may sound familiar, long-term studies reveal what elderly deer, sheep and macaques are up to in their twilight years

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Combining Ayahuasca Compound with Drugs like Ozempic Could Help Treat Diabetes, Mouse Model Suggests

Researchers combined the drug harmine with a medication similar to Ozempic to boost the number and function of human insulin-producing cells transplanted into mice

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
New study finds people alter their appearance to suit their names

"A new study has found that people tend to alter their appearance to suit their names. The researchers sought to determine whether parents choose a baby name based on what seems fitting for the baby's appearance, or if individuals' facial appearances change over the years to align with the social stereotypes associated with their names. "

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Skip and Arc’teryx built a futuristic exoskeleton. Here’s what it’s like to walk in it
Once a secretive Google X project, the startup Skip is debuting an exoskeleton designed for hiking, alongside outdoor gear legend Arc’teryx.

"It’s roughly 90 degrees with 90% humidity, the sort of Midwestern summer day that turns the cornfields into a jungle. I’ve just climbed up and down nearly 1,000 stairs at a local park, and yet, I’m barely sweating. "