Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The COVID last year had a good try ... A decent bout of pneumonia ..and a hospital trip. The consultant believes not much permanent lung damage...
So you claim... but you did say you'd do hauntings for free. What's it like looking from the outside in?

BTW, appears viable after all:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If the Rwanda policy works, sunak would have already sent the first plane instead of delaying for another 3 months.
I guess they know it's a rubbish plan so send the first plane of volunteers as late as possible then call the election.
Each boat carries about 70 migrants, £210k worth of incentives plus about £100mils worth of economic aids to Rwanda. It would be much cheaper to pay french police per boat.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Cryptocurrencies are more widely used in developing countries instead of cash, for example, my musician mate in Bali lives off the rising value of Bitcoin... now that he's sold everything he owned to buy it and move there to knock up a lovely Balinese girl. Balinese chicks like old white guys. They're inundated with offers on dating apps. He simply sells off any increase periodically every year or so, as Bitcoin increases in value and er... that's it. The cost of living in Bali is pretty low, and can be very low, plus he gets royalties and does odd music related jobs, as per the terms of his application for permanent residency, which takes about two years. Keeps sending me very annoying bright sunlit photos of sandy beaches filled with bikinis, most of which are occupied (the bikinis).

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A decent bout of pneumonia ..and a hospital trip.
I find keeping one's lungs warm, while sleeping especially, helps me avoid nasty long lasting coughs. My lungs suffer swiftly in the cold, even if only merely cool actually... so this last winter, I powered a cheapo car seat warmer I'd bought in The Great AliExress Sale of 2023, using a 2A laptop charger, on my office chair in the lounge - warmed my lungs marvellously, thus unending hacking horrible lung buttery coughs were prevented.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
If the Rwanda policy works, sunak would have already sent the first plane instead of delaying for another 3 months.
I guess they know it's a rubbish plan so send the first plane of volunteers as late as possible then call the election.
Each boat carries about 70 migrants, £210k worth of incentives plus about £100mils worth of economic aids to Rwanda. It would be much cheaper to pay french police per boat.
Buy inflatables to set up in business shipping migrants across the channel?
Either that, or stand up comedy

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
some marginal economists have been predicting the demise of the dollars for as long as I can remember. The USA can survive on its own, most other countries can't. Those marginal economists make the wrong usual assumption that the USA export their inflation to rest of the world. It's only true in a small percentage. Most of the budget deficits (95%) are funded by Americans.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
and where do we buy all our stuff from and the very things you sell china there near 35 trillion in debt in the us tho they can print more money backed buy noting :p

According to JM Bullion, cruise missiles may use up to 500 ounces of silver, though the exact amount is unknown. Silver is used in the battery technologies that control missile propulsion, target acquisition, and recovery. Silver-zinc battery cells provide power for missile guidance control, telemetry, tracking, flight termination, and actuator systems. The silver-zinc system is desirable for these applications due to its high energy to weight and volume ratios, and extremely high reliabilit

just call it woosh anti theft protection system and build the cruse missiles ur self im Shure the staff will be happy with handling high explosives and making deadly weapons' that can explode in ur face and make a 30 mile pothole whoops :oops:

just ask the council first for planing permission as firing those off might be a bit to loud esp at night.

id get the software from iran tho but they want gold ;)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
and where do we buy all our stuff from and the very things you sell china there near 35 trillion in debt in the us tho they can print more money backed buy noting :p
when you read for example W. Buffett sits on $200 billions, the cash is not under his mattress but in government bonds.
you should think in terms of the government has a Mums and Dads bank. Don't worry about their budget deficits. It's better to borrow $1 trillion to invest in renewables than not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is renewable in the sense you have to throw it in to the bin and go buy another one.

i had my inverter replaced this year and has cut my electric bill in half every other Tennent has the same faulty inverter dumped there since 2015.

this scam works because the meter on my wall records what is generated from the solar panels not what is exported from the inverter and saves the Tennent money off there electric bill.

still wont clean the fkn things tho and i know ppl that has never had them looked at since they was installed its a fkn joke

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it is renewable in the sense you have to throw it in to the bin and go buy another one.
you have to look at mid and long term investments that generate income like property rents or nuclear energy or wind and solar farms. They pay taxes in the long run. If their carbon footprint is smallest then you should borrow and invest.
Renewables are tied to the land/seas, you can tax them as long as they produce. Gas, oils and other minerals can be sold outside the country and the tax income is less certain.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
wind turbines last 20 years and in the bin solar panels the same nuk 40-50 years and in the bin nothing last forever and is renewable at the cost of the tax payer.

income tax pays for the electric its fraud same as the council tax and tv license show me a signed contract.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
wind turbines last 20 years and in the bin solar panels the same nuk 40-50 years and in the bin nothing last forever and is renewable at the cost of the tax payer.
that's running cost and part of the lifetime carbon footprint. We are at the early years in the development cycle, so expect a lot of throwaways like EVs batteries, still having a lot longer life than the tank of petrol I pump into my car every other week.
Eventually, we make better EV batteries and longer lasting too.
We have now got much better, cheaper, lighter perovskyte solar cells.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the uk is a corporation there only duty of care is to there profit power and control.

the council refused to give me a survey report because they just ignore it my house has a epc cert of c could be a b but is a 70 yer old prefab falling to bits with concreate cancer and on the housing defect act of 1984.

they also refused a new epc report as not due till end of next year yet a guy that bought his house from them and spent 100k on it has a worse epc than me and the house next door that is also a prefab build has a better rating than his, its all bs.

my epc guy turns up 3pm tomoz surveyor rang me up other day and his boss lost its $hite, oh no they also got 7 foi requests to deal with.

thats why city fibre never done our road :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240513_000032[1].jpg

yet some ppl are paying 7-10 quid a day !

faulty inverter imo fkn nuked all of my light bulbs half of them melted :rolleyes:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Cryptocurrencies are more widely used in developing countries instead of cash, for example, my musician mate in Bali lives off the rising value of Bitcoin... now that he's sold everything he owned to buy it and move there to knock up a lovely Balinese girl. Balinese chicks like old white guys. They're inundated with offers on dating apps. He simply sells off any increase periodically every year or so, as Bitcoin increases in value and er... that's it. The cost of living in Bali is pretty low, and can be very low, plus he gets royalties and does odd music related jobs, as per the terms of his application for permanent residency, which takes about two years. Keeps sending me very annoying bright sunlit photos of sandy beaches filled with bikinis, most of which are occupied (the bikinis).
OK, this is a 3AM post, so a bit incoherent (and judgmental). but that did make me think of my neighbour, who does something similar in Thailand, on and off, where the locals refer to European blokes with young Thai wives, derogatorily, as farang. which made me think of what SW said about life being a rigged financial racket, which is true of course, not that one should let that get in the way of living ones life (propter vitam, vivendi perdere causas as Juvenalis would say). The snag i think is that the brain is indeed the biggest sexual organ, and being used for money somehow isn't a mental (or emotional) turn on

Advertisers