Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can somebody please explain why JC is not pushing to stay in single market?
I think he's reluctant to appear to oppose Brexit in any way due to so many Labour voting areas being so strongly in favour of it in the referendum. Those strongly pro-Brexit voters could shift to voting Tory in the next election if they think he's letting them down.

His strategy has the advantage that any Brexit failures will be blamed on the Tories while not harming him, while a Brexit success wouldn't hurt him since he'd also appeared to have been pro-Brexit.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You know everything OG..but anyone can answer...doesnt make sense...
Labour in turmoil...what a surprise
ok I'll offer an opinion, he did say previously labour would not oppose Brexit, and he's sticking to that.
I wish it was otherwise, but after all he is sticking to his word.
Surely that should make you happy, or have you changed your mind about Brexit?
It does rather demonstrate the inevitability of Brexit being a disaster, for the entire Westminster flying circus.
For when Brexit inevitably turns sour, the public will remember that parliament failed to do the right thing, just went along to avoid trouble.
This will prove a huge mistake, and now all parties will share the blame.
With the notable exception of the lib dems.
How amusing, don't you think?[emoji50]

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
... Why did you not take the money? They were offering? .. presumably it was they asking you for money
The money, £200.00 was for the incovieniance I'd had and they wanted my bank details to pay it in. I asked why, you take payment from it as I pay by direct debit. But they kept insisting so I asked for his number so I could ring back.
Then contacted TalkTalk with the scam details. They must have been on for a half hour putting me through to the team leader, as TalkTalk do on occasions.
As I say, they were very good, but I'm not greedy. Told them I didn't want the money as I have sufficient but they were very insistent.

I'm sure I could hear bells ringing.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The money, £200.00 was for the incovieniance I'd had and they wanted my bank details to pay it in. I asked why, you take payment from it as I pay by direct debit. But they kept insisting so I asked for his number so I could ring back.
Then contacted TalkTalk with the scam details. They must have been on for a half hour putting me through to the team leader, as TalkTalk do on occasions.
As I say, they were very good, but I'm not greedy. Told them I didn't want the money as I have sufficient but they were very insistent.

I'm sure I could hear bells ringing.
Thanks I will remember that whenever I encounter geeks bearing gifts

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't we live in interesting times?
Here is a phrase that will live in infamy

"Labour’s manifesto says the party “accepts the referendum result and will put the national interest first”.

Really, that's about as likely as trying to cure Dandruff with Creosote!

How can anyone believe Brexit is in the National interest?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Liam Fox was there at last night QT.
He didn't do very well.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another Classic from Liam Fox
Liam Fox‏@LiamFoxOnTour Jun 21

The Queen was speaking in a personal capacity today. Her speech does not reflect the views of Government.

.I never knew that! my understanding was that the Queen's Speech actually expressed the views of the Government.
Am I mistaken? or has HM the Q decided she is in a "We are not amused" state of mind?

No, I'm more inclined to the opinion he is just being his usual idiotic self.
He has plenty of form on that score after all.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
........or perhaps they could strike out on their own and form a new democratic political party, calling it.....oh, I don't know - maybe the SDP or something like that? Now that would be revolutionary.....and brave!

Oh, wait......!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/26/newsid_2531000/2531151.stm

Tom
Shade of the opening song from "That was the week that was" with Millicent Martin
"It's all been done before,
But so has Spring and Summer"

Sing along with the chorus now!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Independent has a practical suggestion to help Mrs May
"
If the Tories had given every non-Tory voter £50, it would've cost £70m less than the DUP deal.

Hopefully enough voters would have refused to take the bribe!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Another Classic from Liam Fox
Liam Fox‏@LiamFoxOnTour Jun 21

The Queen was speaking in a personal capacity today. Her speech does not reflect the views of Government.

.I never knew that! my understanding was that the Queen's Speech actually expressed the views of the Government.
Am I mistaken? or has HM the Q decided she is in a "We are not amused" state of mind?

No, I'm more inclined to the opinion he is just being his usual idiotic self.
He has plenty of form on that score after all.
I always thought only twits go on twitter, this seems to prove it.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon
oh, and nice work everyone :)

"GDP had initially been estimated at 0.3% but was revised down in May, as more data became available for the first three months of the year. The 0.2% Q2 figure makes Britain the worst performing major economy on earth right now."

I'll highlight a bit of that in bold.

"The worst performing major economy on earth right now"

but it was scaremongering, project fear that predicted this wasn't it? and remember we've not even left yet... things are not going to get better.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/uk-economy-q1-gdp-third-estimate-brexit-2017-6

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The fact that the UK doesn't enforce the rules, is the UK's fault, not the EU's. We can control immigration without leaving the EU.
the rules are complex, you cannot enforce them without risk of challenge on the ground of HR and other treaties' obligations for treating EU citizens like second class.
You can watch the interview with a Cambridge university professor in European laws discussing it with Jo Coburn on BBC2 Daily Politics today.
The fact is simple: our public services and farmers need and welcome EU immigrants, most of ordinary people don't. So our government has no incentive to want to deport any EU worker.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers