Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
.. That makes more sense . I could not see it within the competence of the council or parliament to parse an item of text. That is where a judicial process is required. But the UK must surely have an uphill struggle, it would not be automatic, and they would have to plead. Would it be on the grounds of diminished responsibility?
Nobody would believe that, but I think a plea "it was all a misunderstanding, but we won't do it again, Boris took the wrong minutes to the meeting and Mrs May didn't notice." might be sympathetically received
(again)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Woosh said:
Are you sure? The sun is supposed to turn itself into a red giant star in about 5 bn years and the earth is going to be burnt into ashes.

I'm sure the human race will have achieved that end for earth long before 5 billion years have elapsed.

We just can't resist fiddling.
.. well you know the engineers response to a product ... If it works, it just doesn't have enough features

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I am far from being religious and what compelled you to push me into that category. If you can not prove something it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself. And again by bringing me back "down" to whatever makes you think that I am in the wrong way of thought? If that makes any sense. Not all dogs bark the same tone in order to communicate.
.. it is a pity that the probrexiteers did not adhere to your philosophy two years ago in respect of proofs.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
They had to hide their warlike intentions from the USA , who were appalled by the Vulcan bombing missions.
“I want you to know that we have valued your cooperation on the challenge we both face in many different parts of the world. We will do what we can to assist you. Sincerely, Ron.”

America / Reagan gave plenty of support behind the scenes careful not to be obvious to its South American neighbours - satellite and signals intelligence, vital advanced missiles etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/06/falklands.world

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/cia-files-reveal-how-us-helped-britain-retake-the-falklands-7618420.html

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am far from being religious and what compelled you to push me into that category. If you can not prove something it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself. And again by bringing me back "down" to whatever makes you think that I am in the wrong way of thought? If that makes any sense. Not all dogs bark the same tone in order to communicate.
Cor! so you have proof that dogs use different tones in order to communicate.?
Well I never!
proof? I cry? and again proof? you might as well say that facts prove anything.
on this forum nobody believes a word, proof or facts one of the opposing side offer anyway, and quite right too.

What has Brexit to do with the truth and proof anyway?
No one has managed to connect the dots to do even that thus far.
It's just another religion like Pratchett's Offler the Crocodile God, without the sausages.

How dare you come on here trying to make sense? consider yourself well and truly barked at in a very deep Pit Bull sort of voice.
And I'm an Atheist too, thank God.
Nevertheless welcome to the Maiden Voyage of the Titanic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am far from being religious and what compelled you to push me into that category. - - - - - -Not all dogs bark the same tone in order to communicate.
Didn't say you were religious, just said what you posted on that link was mysterious and religious sounding.

Communicating instead would have been a good idea if you didn't want to be misunderstood.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
[QUOTE="flecc, post: 368101, member: 3"

I'm sure the human race will have achieved that end for earth long before 5 billion years have elapsed.

We just can't resist fiddling.
.[/QUOTE]
The Darwin Awards website is the place to go for connoisseurs of the art of fiddling, here's a sample
Man Customizes Car Ignition Sequence To His Peril

(18 February 2014, United Kingdom) Scott McKimmie's purple Volkswagen Cabriolet would not be considered roadworthy by most people, but to a handy mechanic a flaw can be considered a security feature. Early on Tuesday morning outside The Phoenix pub in Corby, the 39-year-old started the 1998 Cabriolet in his usual unusual way -- he put the car in gear and reached beneath the hood (the 'bonnet') and touched two wires together to create an ignition spark.
Unfortunately Scott failed to remember that he had not set the handbrake. To make matters worse he had modified the purple VW to run with a fast idle to prevent stalling. As black wire touched red wire the engine turned over and started, and the car lurched forward and knocked him over. Due to the fast idle the vehicle continued on its merry way, inflicting 36 "separate injuries" on the unfortunate man as -- like the Duracell/Energizer bunny -- it kept going and going.

As demonstrated in a police investigation video shown to the court, the engine modifications allowed the car to move forward without stalling when it was in first, second or third gear! Coroner Anne Pember recorded a verdict of accidental death with this summary: "It is quite clear that the cause of this tragedy was the unusual starting method Mr. McKimmie used to start his car."

For some reason Zlatan's commendale effort with converting a E bike into a submarine springs to mind

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Cor! so you have proof that dogs use different tones in order to communicate.?
Well I never!
proof? I cry? and again proof? you might as well say that facts prove anything.
on this forum nobody believes a word, proof or facts one of the opposing side offer anyway, and quite right too.

What has Brexit to do with the truth and proof anyway?
No one has managed to connect the dots to do even that thus far.
It's just another religion like Pratchett's Offler the Crocodile God, without the sausages.

How dare you come on here trying to make sense? consider yourself well and truly barked at in a very deep Pit Bull sort of voice.
And I'm an Atheist too, thank God.
Nevertheless welcome to the Maiden Voyage of the Titanic.
I am not proving anything on here. We are ALL entitled to voice our own opinion it's either you take it or leave it!! Now you tell me what is the meaning of making sense? Define making sense? And in who's eyes? If you can prove this to me I will SHUT UP!!!!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
.. well you know the engineers response to a product ... If it works, it just doesn't have enough features
And the accountant they says, what can you get rid of such as the Brakes to make it cheaper?
Been there didn't like it much.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Didn't say you were religious, just said what you posted on that link was mysterious and religious sounding.

Communicating instead would have been a good idea if you didn't want to be misunderstood.
Maybe misunderstood by YOU! And maybe others.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Define making sense? And in who's eyes? If you can prove this to me I will SHUT UP!!!!
why should you? the posters on this thread don't care much for sense.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am not proving anything on here. We are ALL entitled to voice our own opinion it's either you take it or leave it!! Now you tell me what is the meaning of making sense? Define making sense? And in who's eyes? If you can prove this to me I will SHUT UP!!!!
Don't do that, we need all the added confusion we can get!, and Zlatan could use an ally too.
By the way I can't tell you what is the meaning of making sense, as it is in fact a question, and the question I posed was actually is it worth proving anything when the opposition won't accept that proof anyway
What we are discussing is Brexit, which is actually an article of faith rather than a scenario based on provable facts.
Naturally everyone is entitled to an opinion on that, it doesn't require proof as none is possible.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
By the way I can't tell you what is the meaning of making sense, as it is in fact a question, and the question I posed was actually is it worth proving anything when the opposition won't accept that proof anyway
I can actually point you to what is making sense as I was taught in high school (when I did my bac). You start with basic beliefs (principles and axioms) from then you derive further knowledge by deduction.

1. accepting only information you know to be true
  2. breaking down these truths into smaller units
  3. solving the simple problems first
  4. making complete lists of further problems
etc..
Anyone can apply these steps to brexit but where is the fun?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Don't do that, we need all the added confusion we can get!, and Zlatan could use an ally too.
What we are discussing is Brexit, which is actually an article of faith rather than a scenario based on provable facts.
Naturally everyone is entitled to an opinion on that, it doesn't require proof as none is possible.
Listen I understand what you are saying and all that I am saying in my own opinion which no one on here has to adhere to is that the bottom end result is that things will get worst and I can't say no or anymore more weather my grammar is good or bad. One thing is that I respect you for not being a hypocrite in saying that you are an Atheist because you have been honest about yourself and being truthful which many of us can not do. I am not using your believe specifically, I am speaking in general whatever topic.

Finally, can I ask you who is the opposition to be more specific?

Advertisers