Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All due respect ..being a new member etc etc...I,ve just agreed to abide by Forum rules. Perhaps rule 3 should be scrapped? Certainly not starting to row , justify or repeat...its not why I joined forum. ???
Well it is an electric bike site and forum, so presumably that's what you joined for.

But this section is entitled "The Charging Post", with this sub heading:

"A place to recharge your batteries, meet new friends and talk about things not specifically related to electric bikes."

Any subjects in other words, so those unspecified "Other Things" can presumably include Rowing, Justifying and Repeating. :)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks Flecc..read rule 3.
Seems more ignore it than comply..or comprehend it how they see fit...to do exactly what rule 3 asks people not to..ie push their own agenda..??? ie slate Brexiters, promote remain..( accepted not you but certainly majority on this thread)
You shouldn't justify that on a Pedelec forum.Its not healthy and will lead to insults and threats. Guaranteed. Seen it on other so called sports forums.( ruined a dive forum I used to frequent)
We are not all level headed....its an invite for the aggressive and obsessed types to argue...seems to me most Brexiters have realised this and withdrawn. Only needs one extreme character ...luckily so far absent. ( I,m ashamed to say I didn't vote)

Last edited:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Well it is an electric bike site and forum, so presumably that's what you joined for.

But this section is entitled "The Charging Post", with this sub heading:

"A place to recharge your batteries, meet new friends and talk about things not specifically related to electric bikes."

Any subjects in other words, so those unspecified "Other Things" can presumably include Rowing, Justifying and Repeating. :)
for what its worth, we major on "justifying and repeating" on this thread;) perhaps may should create a ministry for that with brexit

Last edited:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Seems more ignore it than comply..or comprehend it how they see fit...to do exactly what rule 3 asks people not to..ie push their own agenda..??? ie slate Brexiters, promote remain..( accepted not you but certainly majority on this thread)
You shouldn't justify that on a Pedelec forum.Its not healthy and will lead to insults and threats. Guaranteed. Seen it on other so called sports forums.( ruined a dive forum I used to frequent)
We are not all level headed....its an invite for the aggressive and obsessed types to argue...seems to me most Brexiters have realised this and withdrawn. Only needs one extreme character ...luckily so far absent. ( I,m ashamed to say I didn't vote)
you know that subtle attempt to close the thread down ("most brexiters realised this and have withdrawn") sounds very familiar (somehow the word tillson pops into my mind), er, how on earth did you know "brexiters have withdrawn from this thread" if you've just joined?

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not just rule 3 Zlatan, a number of the rules are routinely ignored. The one about traders not promoting their wares for example!

Fortunately Russell Scott who started and runs the site has a very tolerant approach to admin, preferring a light touch.

So that's the site's character. Not everyone agrees with that, but it's his to run. You can be assured that when things really do go too far, Russ or HelenJ are quick to step in and call a halt.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks..it took a while...besides I don't want to shut anything down. Perhaps a little temperance from a some would be productive.
This thread is only one I,ve read and its not particularly nice or a good image for your sport.( Dont even own a pushbike) But hey , the technology is wondrous. I,ll stick to the dvp thread.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks..it took a while...besides I don't want to shut anything down. Perhaps a little temperance from a some would be productive.
This thread is only one I,ve read and its not particularly nice or a good image for your sport.( Dont even own a pushbike) But hey , the technology is wondrous. I,ll stick to the dvp thread.
its a pleasure, in my neck of the woods pedelecing majors on not having much of an image, it can be liberating and one is never too old to start..

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Actually two of the most frequent antagonists on here, tillson and I, are paramours of temperance as we don't drink!
Without the freedom to express yourself (within certain bounds of course) the for and against arguments would not be fully explored and that surely is a good thing?
Having to defend your point of view when it is subject to the criticism of someone who disagrees with it is a positive thing, it may well not change your mind but will certainly mean that to defend it, you have to go to the trouble of becoming far better acquainted with the facts of the argument, a very good thing too!
It isn't by any means a one sided situation, and many of the seeming "barbs" exchanged are not so sharp as they may seem.
And we are in fact friends, and enjoy our exchanges and jokes at each other (and ourselves) expense.
I am a little disappointed you don't see that this is simply a discussion group among equals, we are all basically on the same side, merely differ on the route to get there.
The thread is as flecc has said a place to let off a little steam, a pity that it doesn't fit your preconception that is has to promote Ebiking in some way.
Rather amusing when you stated (don't even own a pushbike?)
There are lots of other threads that fit that bill very nicely. and you will find all the friendly advice you could possibly need there.
Nevertheless you are welcome to join in the discussion on here and expound your personal viewpoint on the subject that has sustained the thread for over 7,000 postings.

Last edited:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Really? I'm shocked!

Tom

ps I sincerely hope you meant 'paragons';)
hmmm..as in "elicit lovers of married people", I suspected as much from all the, er, energy and passion..
but on a more serious note, as phrases for coming out go ("till son and I are paramours") that one is spot on, positively Shakespearian in its first person emotive suspense and emphasis. I'm saving it for any possible coming out events in my own future..)

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Actually two of the most frequent antagonists on here, tillson and I, are paramours of temperance as we don't drink!
Make it three. The nearest I get to alcohol is some supermarket brandy-rich mince pies at Christmas.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
This thread 106,000 views,is that a record.?
It seems like that it is of interest to the forum.
Although initially remote from electric bikes,the end result could considerably affect the UK e-bike industry....
Will there be same tariffs China to UK....if zero this could be good for the UK industry,if 48.5 % anti dumping duty this could be the death of the U.K. Industry.
Will there be same tariffs between UK and EU....if zero this will allow free trade between but if we enter a tariff war,this could be OK for the UK industry because we don't sell much to Europe,but 10% tariff could be a disaster for the likes of KTM and Kalkhoff,on top of all the current price rises.
If we Brexit,will we continue with EN15194 or fall back on old UK standards,we may be able to have throttles?
Brexit has a big effect on electric bikes,this thread is not that remote.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Looks like Theresa May and David Davies are panicking about triggering Article 50. I am still curious as to why May is so desperate to see Brexit completed....the next stages are going to be horrible negotiations,Boris has made sure that all 27 members hate us now.
Anyway,she now has to get A50 through parliament and as difficult through the Lords,they are going to delay for sure.
If she misses her end of March deadline,she then has to ask permission from 14 member states to leave...I don't know one who is keen.
If May gives up Brexit is dead.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Really? I'm shocked!

Tom

Hey! steady there I did say of Temperance, not each other.
tillson is the one "into" small Scottish women remember?
Not that I have any reason to decry that as a pastime you understand?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Make it three. The nearest I get to alcohol is some supermarket brandy-rich mince pies at Christmas.
You Rake hell ! is nothing sacred?
You will end up like this man

"One evening last October, when I was far from sober,
And hauling home a load with manly pride
My feet began to stutter, so I lay down in the gutter
And a pig came up and lay down by my side
And a Lady passing by was heard to say
"You can tell a man who boozes by the Company he chooses!
So the pig got up and slowly walked away."

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
hmmm..as in "elicit lovers of married people", I suspected as much from all the, er, energy and passion..
but on a more serious note, as phrases for coming out go ("till son and I are paramours") that one is spot on, positively Shakespearian in its first person emotive suspense and emphasis. I'm saving it for any possible coming out events in my own future..)
No one reads the small print!
paramours of Temperance....:rolleyes:

But what, dare one ask, are you thinking of "Coming out" as? :eek:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Really? I'm shocked!

Tom

This is another case of "Spin Doctorage" Tom cutting it short like that! that even tillson would be proud!
I did that to get his reaction , and dammit he would choose today to curl up in his ball of leaves and miss his cue...
But I bet he won't miss it when he wakes in Spring!:p

• :D

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OG
You mix up the meaning of the word temperance with temperance movement.
Temperance can be seen as the ability to show restraint in the face of offensive argument. Many have shown lots in their responses on here, normally post your posts.

Last edited:

Advertisers