Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Any u turn and 17milion people will be pissed off. It's got to happen we had a referendum.
Tisme...It's probably not 17 million now, a lot of Jams were Leave voters....not sure they feel that the £2k they are losing through lower tax credits or benefits is making Brexit worthwhile.
Just one question what is your prize for winning the referendum vote?
KudosDave

Reactions: robdon

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so with all the cut backs we still owe even more money but hew owns that debt? cant we just nuke there ass ;)

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
China...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
have to wait a bit i got stuff in the post and some other bits i need first ;)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I was told that I was talking rubbish when I stated directly after the vote that it was the poor who would suffer due to Brexit.
The IFS,Laura Kuenssburg report on BBC tonight stated that the last 10 years have revealed the largest drop in living standards since WW2 and that due to Brexit,standards will fall further next year.
The very people who voted Brexit as a protest vote are the same people who will now pay for it and yet many of them are still adamant that they won the vote and May should get on with destroying their lives.
She seems to have protected the wealthy and big business,is this was what she meant by a party for everyone.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Any u turn and 17milion people will be pissed off. It's got to happen we had a referendum.
You are forgetting the fact that if it does come off more than 40 million people are liable to be even less pleased, make no mistake about that!
Your "Referendum" isn't going to be very popular if things turn out badly is it?
And remember it was not legally binding and the majority in favour, in the very words of both Davis and Farage too small to make it anything more than "Unfinished Business" they were prepared to demand that only a 2 to 1 vote in favour of remaining in the EU would finish the matter, and had the vote swung the other way by the amount it actually did demand another referendum.

• Agree

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I was told that I was talking rubbish when I stated directly after the vote that it was the poor who would suffer due to Brexit.
The IFS,Laura Kuenssburg report on BBC tonight stated that the last 10 years have revealed the largest drop in living standards since WW2 and that due to Brexit,standards will fall further next year.
The very people who voted Brexit as a protest vote are the same people who will now pay for it and yet many of them are still adamant that they won the vote and May should get on with destroying their lives.
She seems to have protected the wealthy and big business,is this was what she meant by a party for everyone.
KudosDave
In the nicest possible sense,you realise you are talking about people who look at trump or farage and see a hero? Not seeing that brexit cant work economically is in the same ball park. Theyre never going to get it. I'm afraid with some only Darwinian evolution offers an answer.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the nicest possible sense,you realise you are talking about people who look at trump or farage and see a hero? Not seeing that brexit cant work economically is in the same ball park. Theyre never going to get it. I'm afraid with some only Darwinian evolution offers an answer.
And sadly they appear to have a different Darwinian view
http://www.darwinawards.com/
Perhaps the aim is to achieve the first Darwin Award for an Entire Nation?:cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Getting back to the subject of "Protecting our Borders"
From the Daily Mail
"Well that's not going to terrify Putin! Royal Navy £1bn warship is towed back into port with 'technical issues' just two days after setting off to sea ."

We would be better protected fitting a Pop Gun to all 375 RNLI lifeboats and paying them to patrol the coastline.

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The murder of Jo Cox was carried out by a racist scum bag with perverted political views.

Her family, in particular her husband, has acted with great dignity and has demonstrated enviable courage. I think you would be well advised to follow his fine example and to refrain from any further attempts at making political capital from this tragic event.
I saw this and recalled these comments

What was that about not putting a political spin on this Murder?
Note the level of Right wing bias here, and attempt to score points from it for the "holy" Brexit cause, for which no depth is too low for the Daily Mail to plumb.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
KudosDave
The IFS are pro remain, what else are they going to say? They were wrong before the referendum and they are wrong now.

The JAMs (I hate that over used term) know what they voted for, so who are you to tell them that they are so stupid that their voting choice shouldn't be fulfilled? Who put you in a position to administer to "the poor" your wisdom?

This is what rankles. You are perceived as sitting around, engaging in "circle time" with like minded lefties and administering your wisdom whilst grazing on lentils.

IF the leave campaign are guilty of misleading the public, the remain side are equally guilty of the same crime.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
The IFS are pro remain, what else are they going to say? They were wrong before the referendum and they are wrong now.

The JAMs (I hate that over used term) know what they voted for, so who are you to tell them that they are so stupid that their voting choice shouldn't be fulfilled? Who put you in a position to administer to "the poor" your wisdom?

This is what rankles. You are perceived as sitting around, engaging in "circle time" with like minded lefties, administering your wisdom whilst grazing on lentils.
no cupcake, what rankles is that thick twits like you have destroyed a first world economy.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I saw this and recalled these comments

What was that about not putting a political spin on this Murder?
Note the level of Right wing bias here, and attempt to score points from it for the "holy" Brexit cause, for which no depth is too low for the Daily Mail to plumb.
That sounds pretty damning of Thomas Racist Scumbag to me. I didn't see BREXIT mentioned in the article.

Advertisers