Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Daily Mail
"
£1,640,000,000,000: That's the record debt now owed by Britain...and it's up from £500bn a decade ago
  • Debt is growing at a slower rate than the economy for first time in 14 years
  • On the eve of today's Autumn Statement, national debt is at record high
  • It is up £500billion from 2006, which is £25,000 for everyone in Britain
  • The national debt has increased by £50.9billion in the last year alone

But not to worry! one of the Daily Mail Brexit fans has had a brainwave

"JUST TELL EVERYONE WE OWE MONEY TO WE ARE NOT GOING TO PAY IT AND TO GET STUFFED. THERE, NATIONAL DEBT CLEARED INSTANTLY WITH NO REPRECUSSIONS FACT!!!

Er, does anyone know what a "REPRECUSSIONS" is? obviously if it means what I think it means, this Mail Reader not only has problems with the Caps Lock on the keyboard, but the process of thinking eludes him as well.

And of course if we stopped borrowing today, this After Brexit surge in the economy would mean we were back in credit in a trivial 20,000 years or so.
(Just a guess, since actually calculating it would be pretty much as pointless as voting to leave the EU)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express, an example of how to totally misrepresent what actually happened
"
Everyone knows more than us' Boris brilliantly shuts down SNP over Brexit whinging
BORIS JOHNSON slapped down the SNP and ordered them to study Prime Minister’s speeches more closely instead of continually moaning about Brexit.

All the fool did was reiterate the Line "Get the best deal for Britain and claim that the benches behind him were all together on that"
Who on Earth can rationally describe that as "Shutting down" anything?
The man made a fool of himself yet again.
And a point to note he did NOT deny he had said we were staying in the Market......

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For those of us capable of seeing the writing on the wall

And of course there are those NAUGHTY EXPERTS from the OBE spouting Remoaner Propaganda!
As Brexit voters attest, who needs them anyway?
http://cdn.budgetresponsibility.org.uk/Nov2016EFO.pdf
" Instead we have made a judgement – consistent with most external studies – that over the time horizon of our forecast any likely Brexit outcome would lead to lower trade flows, lower investment and lower net inward migration than we would otherwise have seen, and hence lower potential output."
Press on Rewardless as they say.
Can things get any worse?

The Brexit strategy (To the tune of the Hokey Cokey)

Boris says we're in and May says we're out
in out, in out shake it all about
Only Nissan know what they're doing and they wont say nowt
etc., etc.
The interesting bit is "classification changes"
Brexit? Nah Guv Sorl rite, Innit? SORTED!

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
For the life of this parliament Brexit is going to cost £59 billion of the extra £122 billion increase in borrowings,that's about £12600.00 per Brexit vote.
Ironically the very people who voted for Brexit are the ones who are going to pay for it, in lower benefits and lower tax credit payments and increases in cost of living..I hope they think it worthwhile?
I bet Farage,Gove and Boris will stay away from the poorer regions of our country......nobody who voted for Brexit ever thought it would cost them le this.
Hammond protected the wealthy with moving the top rate of tax threshold up to £50k and reducing corporation tax.
Politics is strange at the moment.
I wonder whether Trump will truly look after American jobs like he has promised.
KudosDave

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
For the life of this parliament Brexit is going to cost £59 billion of the extra £122 billion increase in borrowings,that's about £12600.00 per Brexit vote.
Ironically the very people who voted for Brexit are the ones who are going to pay for it, in lower benefits and lower tax credit payments and increases in cost of living..I hope they think it worthwhile?
I bet Farage,Gove and Boris will stay away from the poorer regions of our country......nobody who voted for Brexit ever thought it would cost them le this.
Hammond protected the wealthy with moving the top rate of tax threshold up to £50k and reducing corporation tax.
Politics is strange at the moment.
I wonder whether Trump will truly look after American jobs like he has promised.
KudosDave
To me its a symptom of a UK economy,culture that underscores the difference between Britain and Nordic countries,where income tax raises much more money for the state for being a much higher rate charged as a flat rate from a much lower income.
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/how-scandinavian-countries-pay-their-government-spending
The UK will never be able to emulate a Norwegian model,its a bit like the deep south declaring it a policy objective to become like singapore

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ever wondered who bankrolls Farage and the extreme right-wing fascists in the UK? If you have never contributed to the fundraising efforts of these nasty people, then how do they survive?

Well, from what I can gather, there are several funding sources available to both right-wing fascist groups and various anarchist mobs but this is a major backer of the 'Brexit' proponents:
15181438_362823127406154_8878595225655493320_n.jpg

Tom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I wonder whether Hammond's budget today has killed off most Leavers interest in Brexit. It certainly seems to have finished any pro Brexit interest on this forum....which is a shame because I am genuinely interested in what Leavers thought of today's budget,it seemed to ignore the protest vote element of the referendum.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"
Nigel Farage demands total REVOLUTION in Britain at Ritz bash to celebrate Brexit
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has predicted another “seismic shock” to British politics and claimed Brexit is “unfinished business”.
Actually he is the "Ex" leader, but let's not dwell on that.
And he sees nothing wrong in claiming "power to the people from the Ritz?"

But he is right about it being "Unfinished Business"
Who's Business is behind it? and what exactly do they intend it to look like when it's "Finished"?
And speaking about "Unfinished business" why isn't he at work earning his MEP salary?

• Agree
Reactions: derf

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I've reduced the amount of time I spend on here as I see little point in continuing to post. This thread simply consists of hard left supporters desperately trying to reassure themselves that someone will overturn the democratic referendum for them. One which was backed up by a government pledge to carry out the will of the people. It's a rather pathetic spectacle.

Like opinion polls, the economic forecasts for post BREXIT Britain are comical in their inaccuracy. They are a joke. But all of this is not nearly as funny as the remain supporters imagining that they occupy a kind of intellectually superior or culturally superior territory. Making ghastly sneers about leave supporters frequenting pubs etc and being poorly educated. It's no secret that I am a BREXIT supporter, yet I would confidently predict that my academic achievements would exceed most, if not all, other contributors to this thread. And so would those of a selection of my colleagues who also support BREXIT. Perhaps the remain supporters lack the intellectual capacity and human empathy to realise that the sneering could actually boost BREXIT support?

May must stop putting personal pride before the interests of the country and get Nigel Farage to the heart of government. The man clearly has a good relationship with Donald Trump and that is a solid foundation for deals and trade. Unlike the present ambassador Sir Whathisname, who Trump clearly has no time for. Obama has gone down the toilet, flushed away. May needs to realise that a new man is in charge now.

Nigel Farage is also a popular figure with the Chinese which adds to the case for him being a trade ambassador. He should be appointed to the Lords and brought into government without delay. Farage is immensely popular both here and abroad, but the fake lefts are in denial.

I was very pleased to see Jacob Rees-Mogg attended Nigel's celebration. I have great admiration for Rees-Mogg, he is an eloquent induvidual who possesses an ability to swat left wing lunacy in an instant. He speaks well reasoned common sense and has a keen sense of humour. A true gentleman and with Nigel, could assemble a good team of people.

I think people on here need to get used to the idea that BREXIT is going to happen. It may get delayed and attempts will be made to water it down, but ultimately it will happen. In some ways, delay, squirming and pretence by the government is a good thing as it will ensure that the right people are elected at the next general election. Then BREXIT will happen properly and with people who believe in it at the helm, we will maximise all of the opportunities which BREXIT presents.

As for the 5th of December? I think people would be wise to stay away. Simply let it play out, let them sow the wind and reap the whirl wind at the next election.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
"But all of this is not nearly as funny as the remain supporters imagining that they occupy a kind of intellectually superior or culturally superior territory."

No 'imagining' needed... Have you ever booked your holiday next year to Clacton-on-Sea, UKIP's only stronghold to mingle with your intellectual and cutural peers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

The higher the level of education, the higher the EU support
According to the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.

This was a pattern that was reflected in the results - with the Brexit vote correlating with areas with high shares of people with no education.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and derf

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
"But all of this is not nearly as funny as the remain supporters imagining that they occupy a kind of intellectually superior or culturally superior territory."

No 'imagining' needed... Have you ever booked your holiday next year to Clacton-on-Sea, UKIP's only stronghold to mingle with your intellectual and cutural peers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

According to the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.

This was a pattern that was reflected in the results - with the Brexit vote correlating with areas with high shares of people with no education.

great stuff, I realise we should somehow try to empathise with our cognitively challenged fellow citizens (if for no other reason than to prevent farage's brown shirts marching on what's left of that pile of crud next to the thames where the corrupt gather after brexit fails), but try as I might I just cant find my "inner trump".

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

"According to polls"

Enough said.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I've reduced the amount of time I spend on here as I see little point in continuing to post. This thread simply consists of hard left supporters desperately trying to reassure themselves that someone will overturn the democratic referendum for them. One which was backed up by a government pledge to carry out the will of the people. It's a rather pathetic spectacle.

Like opinion polls, the economic forecasts for post BREXIT Britain are comical in their inaccuracy. They are a joke. But all of this is not nearly as funny as the remain supporters imagining that they occupy a kind of intellectually superior or culturally superior territory. Making ghastly sneers about leave supporters frequenting pubs etc and being poorly educated. It's no secret that I am a BREXIT supporter, yet I would confidently predict that my academic achievements would exceed most, if not all, other contributors to this thread. And so would those of a selection of my colleagues who also support BREXIT. Perhaps the remain supporters lack the intellectual capacity and human empathy to realise that the sneering could actually boost BREXIT support?

May must stop putting personal pride before the interests of the country and get Nigel Farage to the heart of government. The man clearly has a good relationship with Donald Trump and that is a solid foundation for deals and trade. Unlike the present ambassador Sir Whathisname, who Trump clearly has no time for. Obama has gone down the toilet, flushed away. May needs to realise that a new man is in charge now.

Nigel Farage is also a popular figure with the Chinese which adds to the case for him being a trade ambassador. He should be appointed to the Lords and brought into government without delay. Farage is immensely popular both here and abroad, but the fake lefts are in denial.

I was very pleased to see Jacob Rees-Mogg attended Nigel's celebration. I have great admiration for Rees-Mogg, he is an eloquent induvidual who possesses an ability to swat left wing lunacy in an instant. He speaks well reasoned common sense and has a keen sense of humour. A true gentleman and with Nigel, could assemble a good team of people.

I think people on here need to get used to the idea that BREXIT is going to happen. It may get delayed and attempts will be made to water it down, but ultimately it will happen. In some ways, delay, squirming and pretence by the government is a good thing as it will ensure that the right people are elected at the next general election. Then BREXIT will happen properly and with people who believe in it at the helm, we will maximise all of the opportunities which BREXIT presents.

As for the 5th of December? I think people would be wise to stay away. Simply let it play out, let them sow the wind and reap the whirl wind at the next election.
Tillson this is well up to your usual standard, 100% sound comment.
The problem is simply that it consists of
99% sound and 1% comment.
As usual, but you do cheer me up every time, and I live in the hope that one day you will come up with a convincing argument in favour of leaving the EU.
But then, I have always been by nature over optimistic.
As to Farage, the man is a layabout who sets an extremely bad example by shirking his job, taking the money, and promoting himself to people who really have enough intelligence not to be taken in, if they were not in the habit of wearing Brexit Blinkers.
What kind of man believes himself to be championing the cause of the people while junketing with his rich "owners" at the Ritz?

Only an idiot would fall for that Male Bovine Excrement, and yet while clearly you are not an idiot, you did?
There must be a reason, it is not however either logical or obvious.
Care to explain this conundrum? What is in Brexit for you?
How are you going to gain, when the poor will not?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
In my working experience the ones who came with most qualifications were usually the least competent.

They were good a passing exams, useless in the real world, they never lasted but could undo a lot of good work in their short time.

Advertisers