Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You really could not have been more wrong, Danidl has absolutely no sympathies for them. Quite the opposite as his posts content makes clear.
Thanks flecc, I was not going to bother responding. I have made a few contributions regarding technical queries on matters of electrical power and electronic control. ..on this and other fora. However once the decision by the UK to self destruct and actually leave has occurred , I promise not to bother posting again.
As a loyal European, I feel it my duty to help the English + Welsh from making a disastrous decision. But once all hope is gone..then so am I.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Thanks flecc, I was not going to bother responding. I have made a few contributions regarding technical queries on matters of electrical power and electronic control. ..on this and other fora. However once the decision by the UK to self destruct and actually leave has occurred , I promise not to bother posting again.
Please don't stop. We need someone in a (relatively) sane country to remind us what that is like.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
@50Hertz you can be a commentator at that age because he went through the rigmarole of getting to that level. He knows. It's the same as the cricket lad for England. @oyster will know who I am talking about. He had a bad heart but still knows his graham's
I don't give a fart - I don't want him (the kid with no legs) commentating. There are better qualified people. Its called we're allowed to choose. As in its a free choice you're not going to guilt-trip me into saying I am interested in what he says.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
However once the decision by the UK to self destruct and actually leave has occurred , I promise not to bother posting again.
I agree with Oyster, please continue to post, if only from time to time. You will be missed if you leave us completely.

You are after all a Remainer, not a Leaver. :)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Labour never pick the right man though, remember them landing Ed Miliband instead of David?

And although Clement Attlee's qualities are recognised now, before he was elected he looked very unlikely as PM material. Churchill ridiculed him, saying he was a modest man, with much to be modest about. He only got in because the public had had more then enough of Churchill and the public wanted change.

Don't you think we need change now? I say instead of looking for every opportunity to attack Corbyn, give him a chance to try. Restrained by EU rules, our own laws, the civil service, his own MPs and the opposition, he won't be able to do much damage, probably less than the current bunch of incompetents. He may well do a lot of good, including the nationalisation of rail and water that he intends.
Just because we may want change does not mean you put a complete fuuuking idiot in charge! He got 2 Es at A level. 2 Es.

I'm sorry but you don't make anybody who gets 2Es at A level PM. He had a perfectly 'normal' middle class background - and all he got was 2Es. And you think he'd make an OK PM?

You're nuts. You're just totally nuts. Its like any sense leaves you on this subject - which is odd because you're obviously not a stupid person.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Do all Irish people hate you?

You are of course welcome here and on all UK sites. But it's so weird. I've looked at your post history. It's 99.6% on this forum.

If you were Russian @flecc would call you a bot.

I've so taken the time to see the content of your posts. On 23 occasions you have inferred English people are stupid. But made pains to say Scots are not. Though you have said the Welsh deserve what they get.

You are an agitivist.

I Bet you have sympathies to the ira.
Come on clever boy what is "agitivist. "?
Good grief, you have the sheer brass to come out with accusations now?
You are getting worse, why have you been digging for dirt on another member?
Who are you working for?
And you try to twist his posts to find IRA sympathies?
You aren't very perceptive are you if you think that?

Another attempt to make a nuisance of yourself and try to antagonise people.
Try not to be so pathetically obvious about your intentions,and please if you can actually come up with anything on topic post it.

I post almost 100% on this thread, Because it interests me and there are some interesting opinions, and no one needs your permission to do so.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
As a loyal European, I feel it my duty to help the English + Welsh from making a disastrous decision. But once all hope is gone..then so am I.
Lets hope the uk doesnt actually push the button (we could end up in a customs union). On another note, you often present an interesting different opinion here. Dont leave (and ignore the resident putin troll, it works, he invariably embarreses himself)

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just because we may want change does not mean you put a complete fuuuking idiot in charge! He got 2 Es at A level. 2 Es.

I'm sorry but you don't make anybody who gets 2Es at A level PM. He had a perfectly 'normal' middle class background - and all he got was 2Es. And you think he'd make an OK PM?

You're nuts. You're just totally nuts. Its like any sense leaves you on this subject - which is odd because you're obviously not a stupid person.
You seem to harbour a quaint notion there that Wise and capable people are necessarily well educated when all the available evidence since the Referendum is that the better educated they are, the more arrogant, dishonest , filled with a sense of self entitlement and stupid they have turned out to be.

Where is your evidence that higher education produces a better Quality MP?
Elitist stuff and nonsense!

You are the one who is nuts,to hold such a patently obviously flawed belief that you can judge Wisdom on the basis of Academic performance

Wisdom is very much a DIY experience, it can't be taught, and only measured on results.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

How many A-levels does John Major have?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I know we, ve had our fair share of disagreements but I, ve always found your analysis fair, not insulting, well written and interesting. Imaterial of what happens in future your contributions would be missed. Stick around Danidl. You are one of the good guys.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
How many A-levels does John Major have?
Exception proving the rule.?
Would you let a doctor with similar level of education operate on you?
Yes, we all know education doesn't bestow wisdom or experience but it shows a person is capable of learning,Corbyn has proved an inability to do exactly that both with his lack of education and his poor decisions.
He has kept Labour out of power for 2 years now, time to move on. Corbyn, Abbott and McDonel should all go.
Would anybody in here employ any of those 3 as their solicitor, financial adviser, Estate Agent, Lawyer, Dentist or Doctor.. Nope nobody would but some see them fit to run country. How strange???
Can you imagine walking into Lawyers office to be met by Corbyn or Abbott. How long would conversation need to be before you ran away.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Exception proving the rule.?
Would you let a doctor with similar level of education operate on you?
Yes, we all know education doesn't bestow wisdom or experience but it shows a person is capable of learning,Corbyn has proved an inability to do exactly that both with his lack of education and his poor decisions.
He has kept Labour out of power for 2 years now, time to move on. Corbyn, Abbott and McDonel should all go.
Would anybody in here employ any of those 3 as their solicitor, financial adviser, Estate Agent, Lawyer, Dentist or Doctor.. Nope nobody would but some see them fit to run country. How strange???
Can you imagine walking into Lawyers office to be met by Corbyn or Abbott. How long would conversation need to be before you ran away.
"I never make exceptions. An exception disproves the rule." :)

(Or add Ramsay MacDonald to get two.)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Being a politician who achieves isn't about having an education, it's about instincts and attitudes. Those can be the right ones with hardly any education, as Aneurin Bevan proved beyond any doubt.

I don't expect any miracles from Corbyn, but I do want his ambition to nationalise rail and water to have a chance. And it would be no bad thing to have a PM for a while who doesn't use any slight excuse to plunge us into a distant war just to please the Americans.

If you are right his term of office would only be five years at most, in which time he could hardly do more damage than the present bunch of highly educated and highly qualified incompetents.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Corbyn's lack of qualifications is only a minor flaw for him. If he had 5 degrees, a PHD and a Black belt he, d still be a poor leader and Abbott an even worse Home Secretary.
His poor academic record is just one of many indicators showing his potential. Potential to serioysly damage UK, look what's happened to Labour Party on his watch. Listen to him in interviews and in PM QT... He, s not very good.
Fair point re nationalisation but I, d sooner a good politician have the insight to adopt those policies.
But we might get chance to see, but I, m afraid many more see Corbyn as seriously flawed than PM material. Labour would do better without him.

Advertisers