Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
https://mol.im/a/6863867

Things like this make no deal very likely.

We will know in a few hours.

If May loses the vote is say its over. We will elect meps and that will be it.

Remainers win. Democracy loses. The EU carries on. We will be second class citizens and the laughing stock of the continent.

Plus ca change Rodney.

My life won't change. But at least I know when push came to shove I tried.

welcome to the new and unstoppable unrestrained United States of Europe.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Remainers win. Democracy loses. The EU carries on. We will be second class citizens and the laughing stock of the continent.

Plus ca change Rodney.

Just think though, we could appoint OG, JA and Farage as MEPs.Oh what fun on train to Brussels. Would be worth listening to...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Plus ca change Rodney.

You could try talking to a psychiatrist...

Democracy loses - Why am I not surprised you are fan of Cambridge Analytica style democracy, by jove of course! You are Donald Trump!

We will be second class citizens and the laughing stock of the continent. - what a load of codswallop! Chip on shoulder. Inferiority complex. See my first sentence. The thing about the EU is that there are no second class or first class and I think that is what bothers the English (yeah, yeah, part of the UK, I know I studied a wee bit of history).

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Democracy loses - Why am I not surprised you are fan of Cambridge Analytica style democracy, by jove of course! You are Donald Trump!

We will be second class citizens and the laughing stock of the continent. - what a load of codswallop! Chip on shoulder. Inferiority complex. See my first sentence. The thing about the EU is that there are no second class or first class and I think that is what bothers the English (yeah, yeah, part of the UK, I know I studied a wee bit of history).
A Blunt instrument of a brain.

I'm surprised you remember your Internet password on a daily basis tbh.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
A Blunt instrument of a brain.

I'm surprised you remember your Internet password on a daily basis tbh.
It is written with a big black marker pen on a post-it note stuck on the middle of the screen. Does get in the way when reading sometimes I must admit. Haven't found a solution yet...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I don't think so, no one can really know what's going to happen but if (and I hope) we eventually stay in the EU then I think there would likely be reforms. We are not the only country in the EU that are uncomfortable with the ever closer union mantra.

I think we could start to reform the EU and I think there are many countries in it who would agree to this.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

IMG_20190329_145357.jpg
IMG_20190329_145357.jpgDidnt have time to replace Borg with EU but you get point. Probably.

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I think she should immediately have a fourth attempt at getting her deal passed.

Time to withdraw A50 now. It is actually quite ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think she should immediately have a fourth attempt at getting her deal passed.
she will, in a week time.
This time, JC will be her valiant knight in shining armour.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I don't think so, no one can really know what's going to happen but if (and I hope) we eventually stay in the EU then I think there would likely be reforms. We are not the only country in the EU that are uncomfortable with the ever closer union mantra.

I think we could start to reform the EU and I think there are many countries in it who would agree to this.
If the other countries you are talking about are called Poland or Hungary I wouldn't be to keen to join in with them. Did you know there are more (as a percentage) Muslims in New Zealand than there are in Hungary? Yet apparently Hungary is about to fall under Muslim domination any day now...

How about joining in with the reforms that other countries have proposed - you know, be a team player? Oh, you are the UK, you don't accept anything less than team captain...

I think there lays the problem nev. You can't even have a working government coalition in your own country! I would suggest clean up the mess at home before attempting cleaning up other peoples messes.

• Agree

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If the other countries you are talking about are called Poland or Hungary .
I was actually thinking of France, Macron gave an interview to I think it was Andrew Marr over here in the UK some time back. In it he said that if France had a referendum he would expect them to vote leave too.

That suggested to me that he understands why a lot of people voted to leave here in the UK, and that he could well be someone that would be willing to look to reform the EU to make it more in line with how a lot of people here and on the continent would like to see it.

Reactions: Zlatan

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If a customs union were added in the political declaration would that then look like a different motion,satisfying the speaker,that may then pass the house if presented a fourth time.
It would probably only the ERG that would vote against that.
KudosDave
Someone asked this question on the radio earlier this afternoon, unfortunately no one knew the answer.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
No. 10 Source ""Clearly there is more work to do. We are at least going in the right direction."

"What the prime minister wants is to secure a deal that allows us to leave as soon as possible. She is going to continue to press for that," the spokesman says.

4th time lucky??

• Agree

Advertisers