Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
If one wants to replace what she's been doing, an African grey that's learned a few phrases would suffice.

If it's appearance, maybe a scarecrow.

But to perform, some of the media types have named the potentials of Hunt, Rudd and Raab, not that I'd like them in particular. I'd prefer one of the new rising blood in the party, if we do have to have the Tories again.
I still really, really, really like grayling. Imagine the lurching crises and damage to tory manifestos

Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It did for you.

Did you miss the exclamation mark after "She is a woman? That has a meaning, that it was known that it could be seen as provocative.

And in recognition it was followed by "Many women ---", not "All women ----", and what followed is true. Very many women do claim intuition, while men very rarely do, fact.

And did you also miss the obviously humorous reference to administrator HelenJ? That, and the aforementioned exclamation mark, and the Victorians reference surely made it abundantly clear to anyone that the whole post was tongue in cheek.

Except you it seems, which is why I posted that you don't read what is posted. The use of written English has many subtleties, many of which it seems you don't understand, so you misunderstand and then insult me in a disgraceful way with a comparison to racist football hooligans.
You were assigning characteristics to May because of her gender.. "she is a woman". You can justify and explain all you wish. It was a sexist post. Fact.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I, d agree with you had EU also removed no deal from table. One side removing it is meaningless, especially when you consider which side is calling shots, and one of the many reasons for that is our removing it, or thinking we have. The only thing we have done is tell EU we are frightened of no deal.. Not a clever move in negotiations, but thats to be expected with majority of MPs being remainers,ignoring their constitients and manifesto in most cases... Eg Nick Boles...
We are frightened of a no deal
The EU are frighened of a no deal.

Your suggestion is we wear it like a suicide vest in negotiations?
Do you think that Mutually assured Destruction is a ploy we should apply in politics where we are hoping to remain friends with the EU?

Come on how does that work?
"Hit me again and I'll bleed all over you?"

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I agree. Not all women are like this, but in any given group of people, you will find a higher proportion of women displaying this character trait.
Can you supply a referance for this 50.If you cant its your personal opinion based on limited evidence and lots of social conditioning.
I once had a male boss wbo was a meglamaniac, perhaps all males are. (irony alert, I dont mean it)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I still really, really, really like grayling. Imagine the lurching crises and damage to tory manifestos
Apperantly they can write what they wish in manifesto and just ignore it. Both Labour and Tory had leave in their last ones, and 80% of MPs in theory should be working towards our leaving, but I suspect they are not... Sort of ignoring their consituents and their own manifestos.
Interestingly, noises coming out at moment are suggesting her deal will get through, she is refusing to accept softer Brexit, but if she does not get it through must call GE to rewrite manifesto, for MPs to ignore I assume.
ERG are willing to support her and DUP are "probably" back pedaling.. Who knows...
Whatever happens, millions have lost faith in our political system but I strongly suspect May is starting to be looked at as most sincere, but of a very bad bunch.
Apparently 1922 comittee are saying time up for May, but we, ve been hearing that for 2 years now...
What we could do with is an oppostion party to give us a choice. Shame we havent got one.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Fingers

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Can you supply a referance for this 50.If you cant its your personal opinion based on limited evidence and lots of social conditioning.
I once had a male boss wbo was a meglamaniac, perhaps all males are. (irony alert, I dont mean it)
Please stop, this has no bearing on the thread

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apperantly they can write what they wish in manifesto and just ignore it. Both Labour and Tory had leave in their last ones, and 80% of MPs in theory should be working towards our leaving, but I suspect they are not... Sort of ignoring their consituents and their own manifestos.
Interestingly, noises coming out at moment are suggesting her deal will get through, she is refusing to accept softer Brexit, but if she does not get it through must call GE to rewrite manifesto, for MPs to ignore I assume.
Oh Dear is there an off switch somewhere?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I’ve met men who are equally stubborn, but in my experience, if you take 100 men and 100 women, there will be a greater proportion of women displaying the characteristics I mentioned.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
ERG are willing to support her and DUP are "probably" back pedaling.. Who knows...
Whatever happens, millions have lost faith in our political system but I strongly suspect May is starting to be looked at as most sincere, but of a very bad bunch.
Pity he can't see this response.
Zlatan has cherry picked Brexit from the Manifesto promises made by the Conservatives.
This puts that into context

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Oh give up, it's boring hearing the same thing over and over again.
Thats rich from you. You, ve been copy and pasting your own posts for last 6 months. (for some reason your ignore was ignored, but putting you back)
And, if you are bored, offended or anything just put me on ignore. Its why its on forum.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I’ve met men who are equally stubborn, but in my experience, if you take 100 men and 100 women, there will be a greater proportion of women displaying the characteristics I mentioned.
You, ve tried this then 50? Its your opinion based on social programming, indoctrination and conditioning. It wouldnt hold up in court,or science. Its a sexist statement, you simply agree with it. Personally think its rubbish.
Most stereotyping, if not all, is used to keep people in their place. Its wrong 50.
But OG is bored with this, so we better not upset him.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It was a sexist post.
Last night I was at the monthly management meeting of our wildlife reserve support organisation. These are the committee members I work with and for, first names only for obvious reasons:

Chairperson: Heather

Secretary and events organiser: Linda

Treasurer: Sandra

Groups Liason officer: Dawn

Borough Council Representative: Sara

We do have the odd men in office too, Ted is Vice Chair, Neale is Safety Officer and I serve on projects as they arise.

Ask yourself, would any misogynist and sexist man voluntarily and unpaid, work with and take orders from these females in their posts? I happily do all the time, and seek their advice on occasions when necessary.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thats rich from you. You, ve been copy and pasting your own posts for last 6 months. (for some reason your ignore was ignored, but putting you back)
You even lied about that!curiosity got the better of you and you had to peek, you are amusing aren't you?:cool:

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You, ve tried this then 50? Its your opinion based on social programming, indoctrination and conditioning. It wouldnt hold up in court,or science. Its a sexist statement, you simply agree with it. Personally think its rubbish.
Most stereotyping, if not all, is used to keep people in their place. Its wrong 50.
Yes I ,because your interest is the subject is just as far as you can play it for personal attacks isn't it?
Why are you so antagonistic to others?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apparently 1922 comittee are saying time up for May, but we, ve been hearing that for 2 years now...
What we could do with is an oppostion party to give us a choice. Shame we havent got one.
Not by me she isn't! she gets the Attilla the Hun award for humanitarian acts wrought on the public

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Yes, I agree, it’s not a scientific opinion or a laboratory test, just an impression I’ve formed during my working life.

For balance, I tend to find that women are more organised and have a better eye for detail than men. Men tend to be more reckless and take greater risks in business, often to impress and appear dominant. It’s pathetic really. Men and women are programmed differently and that programming gives rise to undesirable characteristics in both sexes.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Last night I was at the monthly management meeting of our wildlife reserve support organisation. These are the committee members I work with and for, first names only for obvious reasons:

Chairperson: Heather

Secretary and events organiser: Linda

Treasurer: Sandra

Groups Liason officer: Dawn

Borough Council Representative: Sara

We do have the odd men in office too, Ted is Vice Chair, Neale is Safety Officer and I serve on projects as they arise.

Ask yourself, would any misogynist and sexist man voluntarily and unpaid, work with and take orders from these females in their posts? I happily do all the time, and seek their advice on occasions when necessary.
Yes, you do.
But to be fair I, ll withdraw that and apologize. Perhaps you are neither sexist or misonogyst but you made a misonogystic post. There is a difference.
Any grouping according to gender of a trait common to all and negative is sexist flecc. Almost by definition. I accept you are not but dont make negative generalisations based on gender. You wouldnt do it for race or colour but do for gender. Its simply wrong flecc.
Suppose a poster said black folk are stubborn or white people are cooperative. You, d see that as racist, which it is. But for some odd reason saying women are stubborn, (which is utter rubbish) is somehow ok.??? Dont get either your presumption or why you see it as OK. Perhaps women appear stubborn to you because you treat them differently or expect compliance.

Last edited:

Advertisers