Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There is another side to this equation, and as an outsider,it doesn't bother me. But if the UK opts to reduce and remove tariffs , where does it get the money to pay for the schools, army, unemployment assistance,MPs salaries?
we are looking at about £10 billion loss to the Treasury.
That money would have been paid to the EU if we are in transition or in the EU customs union (less 10% cost allowance).
this can work for a limited period, a year maybe, to test out the Singapore approach.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
We'll be all right, folks. But I still don't understand why the concentration on police action in this remote pocket...

Riot police will be on standby in Pembrokeshire from Brexit day
http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/51125/riot-police-will-be-on-standby-in-pembrokeshire-from-brexit-day/
Well two immediate possibilities come to mind.
1. The riot police will be safe in that corner of the empire.
Or
2. After the tremendous victory of the Irish rugby team in beating the Welsh 60 point to O,Ireland retains the six nations and these riot police are needed to force the remaining jubilant Irish supporters onto the ship.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You do it every time you buy something. It's called money. It's what it represents.
Nonsense this is what a contract is
"A contract is a legally-binding agreement which recognises and governs the rights and duties of the parties to the agreement. A contract is legally enforceable because it meets the requirements and approval of the law. An agreement typically involves the exchange of goods, services, money, or promises of any of those.

And your favoured Government is lousy at sticking to ones it has arranged.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Don't you mean the riot policeman will be on standby? TM destroyed the police during her time as Home Secretary, just as she is destroying the entire country now.
I actually go past our police station on the way to and from work (mostly) - if there's only one of them, they do an amazing job of driving e vehicle out, sneaking in the back door and then driving another out... ;)

Seems the presence of oil and gas facilities plus two cross-Irish Sea ferry ports is what is behind the decision. Seems odd as Holyhead is a much larger and more important port. I also don't know who is expected to be rioting?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I actually go past our police station on the way to and from work (mostly) - if there's only one of them, they do an amazing job of driving e vehicle out, sneaking in the back door and then driving another out... ;)

Seems the presence of oil and gas facilities plus two cross-Irish Sea ferry ports is what is behind the decision. Seems odd as Holyhead is a much large and more important port. I also don't know who is expected to be rioting?
There is no reason to expect home grown trouble at the time of Brexit, remainers will grumble, no doubt, some even demonstrate,but other than that , nothing in the way of trouble, it's far too early for that.
However it is a symbolic moment , and lunatic fringe and fundamentalist organisations could well regard it as an opportunity to create dissent.
precautions should be taken in the Public interest.
Everywhere where there are likely targets.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Government invested in this company to promote Britain as a good place to invest.

I love that line "Despite Britain's long term attractive qualities" it was moving it's European headquarters company from London the Brussels.
Clearly this is one of those "Successful contracts" Oxygen James is so fond of! :oops:
You have to laugh while humming the old Beatles song
"Money can't buy me love"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Isn't it amazing just how UNLUCKY the UK has become since 23rd June 2016: Ford ,Honda, Jaguar, Airbus ,HSBC ,Panasonic ,Toshiba ,Hitachi ,P&O ,Sony ,Lloyds ,Barclays ,AXA ,UBS ,EBA, Unilever Dyson, JP Morgan, MoneyGram

Obviously NOTHING AT ALL to do with #Brexit! Just how UNLUCKY can you get?!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Government invested in this company to promote Britain as a good place to invest.

I love that line "Despite Britain's long term attractive qualities" it was moving it's European headquarters company from London the Brussels.
Clearly this is one of those "Successful contracts" Oxygen James is so fond of! :oops:
You have to laugh while humming the old Beatles song
"Money can't buy me love"
A while ago I worked for a consulting company, they hired me for those projects when they needed the facts, even disagreeable facts. When they needed a report which told the client only what they wanted to hear they hired someone else...

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They appointed OG.
Even after all this time you haven't a clue about me have you?
I simply tell the truth as I see it, not what people want to hear, and you manage to misunderstand that?
you appear to live in a parallel and reversed universe.
No wonder your postings never make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
..so that is why you ride a bike and the other person a Jag?.
I ride a trike sir!

The other day at a red light a man in a van said "excuse me but your wheels are touching the ground". "All three?" I asked, he did a double take and kind of surprised said "yeah..." and drove off shaking his head.

Trikes are way more sexy than Jags. Anything is more sexy than something made by Ford! Before you get your knickers in a knot Zlatan, you should try parking your Mustang in San Sebastian. :p

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I ride a trike sir!

The other day at a red light a man in a van said "excuse me but your wheels are touching the ground". "All three?" I asked, he did a double take and kind of surprised said "yeah..." and drove off shaking his head.

Trikes are way more sexy than Jags. Anything is more sexy than something made by Ford! Before you get your knickers in a knot Zlatan, you should try parking your Mustang in San Sebastian. :p
I stand corrected at traffic lights while you sit !.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I stand corrected at traffic lights while you sit !.
While I am laid out in my deck chair more like! I am trying to figure out how to get an even tan on my legs, the back of my legs don't see the sun any more...

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I ride a trike sir!

IMG_20190307_130630.jpg
Yep, trikes are cool, bet you look great on yours..
Think I, ll stick with my mustang..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • Agree

Advertisers