Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And here I am posting under my real name, silly old fool...

Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No I shortened it from "Oh no! Not another kiwi!"

Reactions: robdon and flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
on a different level you and 5hz's quite fixed obsessionality is a worry. if all brexiters are equally anankastic, one has to - as a remainer - be worried about what it would take for reality to intrude on your delusional inner worlds. Its obvious that you're not capable of rational argument. I hoped a hard Brexit and the subsequent socioeconomic hemorrhage might get through to you. But this somehow makes me doubt it. perhaps were heading for the nadir of british society, a bit like the days before the fall of rome.
giphy.gif
Eh??....Even Google Translate can`t handle all that?!!

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you google your forum name you get this...
Since most are off topic, I might as well join in. A Google of flecc a while ago gave me this:

Flecc: A Flexible Cache Coherence Protocol for Dynamic Component Based Systems

Florida East Coast Electrical Contractors: flecc.com

In nursing: FLECC – First Line Emergency Course

In education: Falls-Lenox/ECC (US schools group)

On You Tube: Online name of a Canadian named Felix.

flecc: Online name of a north of England amateur DJ.

Flecc: A desktop power supply

Flecc llc: Foreign Language Immersion Early Childhood, a Florida limited liabilty company.

Federal Libraries' Experiment in Cooperative Cataloging - (Later, FEDLINK)

FlecC: An artist on deviantart.com

FLECC - Flensburg English Classroom Corpus

Shirts:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/111412412/polo_hoods_sweet_shirts_flecc_shirts.html

BULLETIN DE LA FLECC: French magazine, now ceased publication.

FLECC: Full Length Emergency Cooling Core

flecc: Twitter name of Efleno C Cavalcante

F.L.E.C.C: Federation Loisirs et Culture Cinematographiques

flecc: Groups in classifying minimal free Bernoulli subflows up to (conjugacy) isomorphism.

I like that last one, even more baffling than some of the posts in this thread.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No I shortened it from "Oh no! Not another kiwi!"
Isnt there a swear word in there AK? AFK or NAFK?
Our crew used to have a Top Cat award for best performer, the TC award actually meant something else and was awarded to the least popular, mouthy individual. Amazing how many would run to bar proclaiming to have won the TC award...thinking it meant Top Cat for being coool and all that, when actually it meant opposite..
So, if you ever won a Top Cat award on a sailing holiday... Keep quiet...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So whats the real reason for `Flecc` - i`m going with it`s short for something??
Correct. It's 62.5% of my Italian surname and a friendly way many have addressed me over time, especially in my army years.

In some languages (but not in Italian) it refers to wool or fleece.

Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Correct. It's 62.5% of my Italian surname and a friendly way many have addressed me over time, especially in my army years.

In some languages (but not in Italian) it refers to wool or fleece.
As my Mother in law was want to say ..
Of the gullible.. "tis soft the wool grows on ye" ..
To which of the factions on this thread might it apply?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I know its OT and some more same old same old but
Who realised Slovakia only had a 13% turn out in last EU election?
Their population is around 5.5 kk... So that means that only about 750,000 voted and they have 14 MEPs. So roughly maximum support each MP got was 50,000 (assuming uncontested, could be far worse if a few stood for individual posts), yet those MEPs now represent a voting power of 655,000 Europeans.!!!!??? (ie 500kk/751)
That is a strange vision of democracy..

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
... taken from a news cobference today Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said it is certainly possible that Britain would ask for an extension of its 29 March deadline to exit the European Union, but not inevitable.
Speaking ahead of the All-Island Civic Dialogue on Brexit, he said: "I don’t think it's inevitable. It's certainly possible. If there is going to be an extension, it needs to be with a purpose, it needs to be with a view to securing and ratifying an agreement.
"I don’t think anyone would like to see this stalemate or impasse or period of purgatory continue for months ...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
on a different level you and 5hz's quite fixed obsessionality is a worry. if all brexiters are equally anankastic, one has to - as a remainer - be worried about what it would take for reality to intrude on your delusional inner worlds. Its obvious that you're not capable of rational argument. I hoped a hard Brexit and the subsequent socioeconomic hemorrhage might get through to you. But this somehow makes me doubt it. perhaps were heading for the nadir of british society, a bit like the days before the fall of rome.
Why are you such a fool. What happened to you?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Their population is around 5.5 kk... So that means that only about 750,000 voted and they have 14 MEPs. So roughly maximum support each MP got was 50,000 (assuming uncontested), yet those MEPs now represent a voting power of 655,000 Europeans.!!!!??? (ie 500kk/751)
As an answer,I suspect the Slovaks did. So in what way does this gem improve the knowledge of mankind? Was the franchise mysteriously removed from millions,or were they entitled to vote?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Their population is around 5.5 kk... So that means that only about 750,000 voted and they have 14 MEPs. So roughly maximum support each MP got was 50,000 (assuming uncontested, could be far worse if a few stood for individual posts), yet those MEPs now represent a voting power of 655,000 Europeans.!!!!??? (ie 500kk/751)
A bit like Scotland in relation to the UK. They have their own parliament and government looking after almost everything but defence and diplomacy, yet have 59 MPs for the UK's administration in the House of Commons.

Their position is almost exactly like that of the Isle of Man or any of the Channel Islands, but they have no MPs in the Commons.

Last edited:

Advertisers