Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If it gets that far, but I still think TM's deal could get through out of fear at the deadline. That only needs a small minority of the House to give in.
quite possibly.
we all know that TM's deal is BRINO.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
He did nothing of the sort, he only provided a possible explanation for the uncivilised behaviour as others responses show. That doesn't in any way imply approval of it.

Nor does it justify you calling him a nazi.
I have re-read Jonatan Agnew’s post and still believe that he was attempting to justify the actions of people who attack emergency service personnel by providing excuses for their behaviour.

As far as I am concerned, my comments stand, including the suggestion that the person behind the Jonathan Agnew identity is a Nazi.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I don't know why anyone has an obsession with this?

What does it matter if anyone does change their online name, they are almost all fictitious anyway. There can be many reasons for changing it and deceit is only one of the many.

One of our most widely respected contributing members has had entirely different online identities in this forum at different times, none ever intended to deceive. He was probably not alone in that.
I wouldn’t say that I was obsessed. Today was the first and only time that I mentioned it. I don’t care if he changes his name every week, it has nothing to do with me. I was simply trying to explore his motives, if indeed he has change his name.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I wouldn’t say that I was obsessed. Today was the first and only time that I mentioned it. I don’t care if he changes his name every week, it has nothing to do with me. I was simply trying to explore his motives, if indeed he has change his name.
I would say you are obsessed, albeit mainly with sphincters and nazis. A psychiatrist could find that quite interesting. I have never questioned anyone else's identity, largely because I'm interested in the argument, not the trolling

Reactions: robdon and Danidl

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I would say you are obsessed, albeit mainly with sphincters and nazis. A psychiatrist could find that quite interesting. I have never questioned anyone else's identity, largely because I'm interested in the argument, not the trolling
Stick to the theme of the thread please and have consideration for other forum users.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Reactions: Fingers
D

Deleted member 128

Please remain on topic and follow the Moderator’s advice.

I would like to remind you that this forum is not your playground. It exist for people to debate Brexit. Please show those people respect by posting material which only relates to that subject.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Off topic again, oh dear oh dear oh dear.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No you aren't obsessed with it, I posted "why does anyone have an obsession with it" since it's clear a number in here do.

When you started posting here I immediately thought you were a change of identify of someone unpleasant who stormed out long ago and now trying to be smart. Some of your posting behaviour supported that opinion. That previous identity was company 50cycles under which ID he posted, so you can see the connection.

You can see from that how easy it is for any of us to get hold of the wrong end of the stick, including you.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
No you aren't obsessed with it, I posted "why does anyone have an obsession with it" since it's clear a number in here do.

When you started posting here I immediately thought you were a change of identify of someone unpleasant who stormed out long ago and now trying to be smart. Some of your posting behaviour supported that opinion. That previous identity was company 50cycles under which ID he posted, so you can see the connection.

You can see from that how easy it is for any of us to get hold of the wrong end of the stick, including you.
Fair enough. Let’s leave it there.

Reactions: flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Please post material pertaining only to Brexit.

Thank you.
Agreed... and here we go..,

Greece warns Brussels of No Deal Brexit blackhole in EU budget

Greece has warned the EU if they refuse to give the UK a Brexit deal it will create “increased financial and political instability” due to the huge blackhole Britain will leave in EU finances.

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has said that leaving with No Deal would mean the EU would not receive the £40bn Brexit bill.

A document produced by the Greek Government suggests there will be a £10bn-a-year deficit if the UK leaves on WTO rules.

This is a stark warning to Brussels who have so far attempted to punish the UK in the negotiations which could mean Britain leaving without a deal.

Poorer countries who rely on EU handouts are worried that they will lose out after Brexit.

Pieter Cleppe, from Open Europe, said: “The EU is actually facing two holes in their budget: the hole created by no future UK payments, and also the hole of promises made to increase spending in policy areas such as expanding EU border agency Frontex.

“The EU has so far only proposed modest spending cuts, so there are big divisions that are likely to escalate in a major row in the future.”
EU Budget Commissioner Gunther Oettinger said Brexit will leave £20bn a year for Brussels to find if the EU is to continue with its ambitious plans without British payments.

The British government has a lot of leverage in the Brexit negotiations. When will they start to use it?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I couldnt care less either what identity folk chose, after all I think most would have guessed Zlatan isnt my real name.
However, when Old Tom stopped posting I thought we had lost the most objectional, nasty, insulting poster I, ve been unfortunate enough to come accross. Amazingly JA appeared shortly after and the resemblance in terms of rantings, language, insults and general ghastlyness was uncanny.
It makes no difference wether its two people or one but I am ever the optomist when it comes to humans. Surely there cant be two such loathsome posters.
BTW they both misuse the term "troll", but that's nothing new. Lots do..

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Your posting does not pertain to Brexit, please do try and keep on topic.

Thanks in advance.
How many times are you going to make this OT comment. Ad infinitum...rather immature dont you think.
Leave the moderating to grown ups.
BTW if you are going to give bad spelling grades, I should check on google first. You might look stupid again if you dont.

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I couldnt care less either what identity folk chose, after all I think most would have guessed Zlatan isnt my real name.
However, when Old Tom stopped posting I thought we had lost the most objectional, nasty, insulting poster I, ve been unfortunate enough to come accross. Amazingly JA appeared shortly after and the resemblance in terms of rantings, language, insults and general ghastlyness was uncanny.
It makes no difference wether its two people or one but I am ever the optomist when it comes to humans. Surely there cant be two such loathsome posters.
There can not have been anyone matching up to the loathsomeness of Jonathan Agnew. I can’t believe that.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Why do you feel the need to constantly go off topic?

Please consider other members of the forum who really are not interested in your musings on anything that pops into your head.
This forum is for discussing Brexit. Only this morning you were warned yet you continue to disrupt the thread.

Please be more considerate and keep on topic.

Thank you.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and 50Hertz
D

Deleted member 128

Why do you feel the need to constantly go off topic?

Please consider other members of the forum who really are not interested in your musings on anything that pops into your head.
This forum is for discussing Brexit. Only this morning you were warned yet you continue to disrupt the thread.

Please be more considerate and keep on topic.

Thank you.
Your posting does not pertain to Brexit, please do try and keep on topic.

Thanks in advance.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Agreed... and here we go..,

Greece warns Brussels of No Deal Brexit blackhole in EU budget

Greece has warned the EU if they refuse to give the UK a Brexit deal it will create “increased financial and political instability” due to the huge blackhole Britain will leave in EU finances.

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has said that leaving with No Deal would mean the EU would not receive the £40bn Brexit bill.

A document produced by the Greek Government suggests there will be a £10bn-a-year deficit if the UK leaves on WTO rules.

This is a stark warning to Brussels who have so far attempted to punish the UK in the negotiations which could mean Britain leaving without a deal.

Poorer countries who rely on EU handouts are worried that they will lose out after Brexit.

Pieter Cleppe, from Open Europe, said: “The EU is actually facing two holes in their budget: the hole created by no future UK payments, and also the hole of promises made to increase spending in policy areas such as expanding EU border agency Frontex.

“The EU has so far only proposed modest spending cuts, so there are big divisions that are likely to escalate in a major row in the future.”
EU Budget Commissioner Gunther Oettinger said Brexit will leave £20bn a year for Brussels to find if the EU is to continue with its ambitious plans without British payments.

The British government has a lot of leverage in the Brexit negotiations. When will they start to use it?
Open Europe was set up in 2005 to oppose European integration. Give us another less partisan source?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
..and more on-topic Brexit news.....

Lega: EU Elections 'last opportunity' to reform or Italy should Leave

The Economic Spokesman of the governing Lega party has stated that Italy should quit the European Union unless it does not reform. An argument some Brits made for years, before realising the only way out is to exit the bloc. Anti-EU sentiment is rising across Europe.

Claudio Borghi, who is also Chairman of the Budget Committee, said of reform after May’s European Elections: “I think this is the last opportunity.”

He also said: “Either we succeed in changing (EU) now or we will have to Leave.”

Huffington Post quote Borghi as adding: “If the environment remains toxic, I will say ‘let’s go out.’ Since 2000, Italy has grown by 3% we lost two decades and threw them, there was no economic progress.”

This comes as Germany’s AFD also push for a ‘Dexit’ if significant EU reforms aren’t made and support for a Frexit in France stands at 40%.

The EU hardliners in Brussels are closing ranks because they can see the surge in anti-EU feeling right across the continent.
Where Brexit leads, others may soon follow.

Advertisers