Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
... taken from a news cobference today Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said it is certainly possible that Britain would ask for an extension of its 29 March deadline to exit the European Union, but not inevitable.
Speaking ahead of the All-Island Civic Dialogue on Brexit, he said: "I don’t think it's inevitable. It's certainly possible. If there is going to be an extension, it needs to be with a purpose, it needs to be with a view to securing and ratifying an agreement.
"I don’t think anyone would like to see this stalemate or impasse or period of purgatory continue for months ...

His boyfriend must be so proud of him.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
As an answer,I suspect the Slovaks did. So in what way does this gem improve the knowledge of mankind? Was the franchise mysteriously removed from millions,or were they entitled to vote?
No idea...
But put it another way. Slovakia represents 1.8% of voting power on EU. They got there with 0.15% voting for them, and that is an absolute max figure, assuming no posts were contested.???
How many other elected representitives represent a population ten fold that that voted for them. By any defintion Danidl thats poor democratic legitimacy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Fingers and tommie

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
... taken from a news cobference today Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said it is certainly possible that Britain would ask for an extension of its 29 March deadline to exit the European Union, but not inevitable.
Speaking ahead of the All-Island Civic Dialogue on Brexit, he said: "I don’t think it's inevitable. It's certainly possible. If there is going to be an extension, it needs to be with a purpose, it needs to be with a view to securing and ratifying an agreement.
"I don’t think anyone would like to see this stalemate or impasse or period of purgatory continue for months ...
He will do as he’s told or else there will be no more money. When it’s time for him to get back in his box, the EU will tell him.

• Agree
Reactions: Fingers and tommie

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He will do as he’s told or else there will be no more money. When it’s time for him to get back in his box, the EU will tell him.
it seems that we need him more than he needs us at the moment.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
No idea...
But put it another way. Slovakia represents 1.8% of voting power on EU. They got there with 0.15% voting for them, and that is an absolute max figure, assuming no posts were contested.???
How many other elected representitives represent a population ten fold that that voted for them. By any defintion Danidl thats poor democratic legitimacy.
It is appallingly poor democratic legitimacy if a significant fraction of the population had their votes disallowed. Freedom to vote implies a freedom NOT to vote.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
it seems that we need him more than he needs us at the moment.
I agree entirely. The EU are feeding him Euros in return for creating a non-existent Irish border problem. We need him to see sense and realise this.

He is enjoying surfing on the crest of an artificial power wave at the moment. That wave is heading back towards the rocks on which Ireland founded a few years ago. Once there, Germany will put him back in a box and kick the lid shut with a Jackbooted foot.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I went to uni, entered a profession ;^) what happened to you?
Public school, University, professional qualification, worked, retired early 50s. Now doing volunteer work.

Similar to you, but unlike you I managed not to become [removed by admin]

(Only mentioned that I went to Public School because you will hate it. Dad worked 7 days a week to pay for me. I was lucky to have such a kind man for a father. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Public school, University, professional qualification, worked, retired early 50s. Now doing volunteer work.

Similar to you, but unlike you I managed not to become a liar and a knob.

(Only mentioned that I went to Public School because you will hate it. Dad worked 7 days a week to pay for me. I was lucky to have such a kind man for a father. )
Perhaps its a pity it missed a generation.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Perhaps its a pity it missed a generation.
I don’t know you or what you are like as a real person. I just see you represented as a series of letters arranged in a certain order and complying with a set of rules. In that format, you appear insecure in your abilities and achievements to me, but I would not be stupid enough to say that reflects you in person. You could be the total opposite.

Somehow I will need to find a way of living without that knowledge.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Similar to you, but unlike you I managed not to become a liar and a knob.

Good grief. This lady really truly doth protest too much.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
now why would that be??!
we need him to tell Monsieur Barnier that the ROI will accept a technical solution within 10 years because unless the border is redrawn, there is no way to have a physical border for places like this:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Advertisers