Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Correct!
Those are the FACTS, not some garbage thought up by our resident Scaremongers to suit their failed narrative, if the Losers had have kept their mouths shut then those foreign hospital workers etc wouldn`t have been spooked.
Just another dirty remainer trick exposed.
Tommie, I quoted a real HR document, from one of the most pro remain areas in England. The morale of non UK people employed there in this south central London Hospital, in what is a wealthy area , had been so rocked by negative comments from patients commentators and media ,that the HR Department found it necessary to intervene. Please respect facts from other people.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
After the Referendum, the HR Department of Charing Cross Hospital were issuing notices saying that their overseas staff were welcome ..by which time the damage was done.
Damage done by the Remain Nazis who deliberately lied by claiming that Leave was all about booting out foreigners. The message was consistent and clear from Leave, and that was foreign workers were very welcome. Remain twisted that message and re-branded it something entirely different.

That was every bit as bad as the Boris bus. The whole campaign was a f-up by both sides. A total shambles.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
HR Department found it necessary to intervene. Please respect facts from other people.
HR departments are a blight staffed by the criminally insane. I visited a school recently and couldn’t identify which toilet to use. At the insistence of HR, all the male / female symbols had been removed from the doors and replaced with a circles, and cross emblem protruding from the perimeter of the circle. On one door the emblem was at the 2 O’clock position and on the other the 6 O’clock position. It meant nothing to me and I gave up to ensure no diplomatic incident occurred.

Later, when I was talking to the Headmistress, I asked which toilet was which. She said she remembers the notation because the 2 O’clock symbol looks like an erect cock and the 6 O’clock looks like a fanny. Fair enough.

The point being, the above is the work of HR, so I am not surprised they issued the note you referred to. That sort of mentalness is their bread & butter activity.

Reactions: Fingers and tommie

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sigh

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

I'm not going to waste my time.

Here it is. In full. Read it. I don't want an apology.
I already know it so don't need to read it. You apparently do.

Residency is only available here for those who've been here a minimum of five years, but only if they can prove that with such as utility bills. They are finding that almost impossible in many cases, especially in this age of paperless billing.

Those here for less than five years or who cannot prove the five year residency have no permanent right to remain. They have to apply for a settled status five year term and then repeat if necessary for any longer.

The government has the right to refuse their applications for settled status so there are no guarantees whatsoever. Already sounds have been made about dependence on their being in needed occupations.

There's so many ifs, buts and maybes that the EU residents have no trust in these "assurances", hence the huge drop in applicants to work here.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Tommie, I quoted a real HR document, from one of the most pro remain areas in England. The morale of non UK people employed there in this south central London Hospital, in what is a wealthy area , had been so rocked by negative comments from patients commentators and media ,that the HR Department found it necessary to intervene. Please respect facts from other people.
Correct, they were lied to by the pro-remain scaremongers - FACT!

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I already know it so don't need to read it. You apparently do.

Residency is only available here for those who've been here a minimum of five years, but only if they can prove that with such as utility bills. They are finding that almost impossible in many cases, especially in this age of paperless billing.

Those here for less than five years or who cannot prove the five year residency have no permanent right to remain. They have to apply for a settled status five year term and then repeat if necessary for any longer.

The government has the right to refuse their applications for settled status so there are no guarantees whatsoever. Already sounds have been made about dependence on their being in needed occupations.

There's so many ifs, buts and maybes that the EU residents have no trust in these "assurances", hence the huge drop in applicants to work here.

Anyone that was living here legally before the June referendum will be allowed to stay with full benefits.

Stop twisting.

This is fact. Pure unadulterated fact. You even tried to suggest it will cost them to apply. Wrong again. It's free.

Fact.

No one is being kicked out because of Brexit.

Fact.

People are leaving because the pound has dropped in value but that is their choice. They were here because it suited them. Now it doesn't. They left.

Fact.

You can cry racism all you wish but it's hogwash.

Fact.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Correct!
Those are the FACTS, not some garbage thought up by our resident Scaremongers to suit their failed narrative, if the Losers had have kept their mouths shut then those foreign hospital workers etc wouldn`t have been spooked.
Just another dirty remainer trick exposed.
Utterly delusional.

Remainers wanted things to stay the same so had no reason to mention immigrants, nor did they or the Remain campaign team.

Conversely the Leavers and their campaign team never once stopped saying they wanted to control immigation, showing clearly where the discrimination existed.

Try reading the opening pages of this thread and you'll see the proof from even before the referendum.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Anyone that was living here legally before the June referendum will be allowed to stay with full benefits.

Stop twisting.

This is fact. Pure unadulterated fact. You even tried to suggest it will cost them to apply. Wrong again. It's free.

Fact.

No one is being kicked out because of Brexit.

Fact.

People are leaving because the pound has dropped in value but that is their choice. They were here because it suited them. Now it doesn't. They left.

Fact.

You can cry racism all you wish but it's hogwash.

Fact.
Absolutely untrue. How do you account for the fact that large numbers have already paid the £65 a head fee, in some cases whole families paying hundreds of pounds:

"EU nationals will have until 30 June 2021 to confirm their status. It will cost £65 for those over 16 and £32.50 for those under 16, although there will be no charge for those who already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK or permanent residence."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46701886

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Absolutely untrue. How do you account for the fact that large numbers have already paid the £65 a head fee, in some cases whole families paying hundreds of pounds:

"EU nationals will have until 30 June 2021 to confirm their status. It will cost £65 for those over 16 and £32.50 for those under 16, although there will be no charge for those who already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK or permanent residence."

The fact is they can remain and have always been able to remain, not be booted out as suggested by Nazis such as Jonathan Agnew and other such unpleasant people. The £65 administration fee is yet another triumph for incompetence by this government of retards.

• Disagree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

There were some early birds who paid but they will be refunded.

This is a very, very fair and honourable way of dealing with this issue.

Consider the ex pats in Spain who may have to relinquish their UK citizenship as Spain doesn't have dual nationality. How do you feel about that?

Your link is from December, its now incorrect like you are.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and 50Hertz

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

"EU nationals will have until 30 June 2021 to confirm their status. It will cost £65 for those over 16 and £32.50 for those under 16,
although there will be no charge for those who already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK or permanent residence."

Why quote from the pro-remain biased BBC ? Try the link from the Gov web-site as fingers indicated... let us know how you got on..

Fees

On 21 January the Prime Minister announced that there will be no fee when the scheme opens fully on 30 March 2019. Anyone who has applied already, or who applies and pays a fee during the test phases, will have their fee refunded. Details of the refunds process will be published shortly.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The fact is they can remain and have always been able to remain,
No not necessarily, there is no guarantee whatsoever.

Every application from someone with under five years residency is subject to acceptance , and there are no clarifications on that.

So the rules on acceptance at any application or renewal stage are completely open and could be changed at any time, even by a cabinet minister without parliament's say so.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Indeed. Let the consumer decide.
Take our exports to the EU, £275 billions in 2017, if subjected to WTO, our exporters will incur something in the region of £10 billions in EU duty.
are you happy that EU sellers pay zero duty and our exporters get hit with £10 billions in duty?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Take our exports to the EU, £275 billions in 2017, if subjected to WTO, our exporters will incur something in the region of £10 billions in EU duty.
are you happy that EU sellers pay zero duty and our exporters get hit with £10 billions in duty?
No. Zero tariff would be best in both directions. Like we have now. It’s best for everyone. If tariffs are applied, I would like to see 50% on everything coming out of France & Germany or from companies they control. Make their products totally non viable in the U.K.

• Agree
Reactions: Fingers

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
HR departments are a blight staffed by the criminally insane. I visited a school recently and couldn’t identify which toilet to use. At the insistence of HR, all the male / female symbols had been removed from the doors and replaced with a circles, and cross emblem protruding from the perimeter of the circle. On one door the emblem was at the 2 O’clock position and on the other the 6 O’clock position. It meant nothing to me and I gave up to ensure no diplomatic incident occurred.

Later, when I was talking to the Headmistress, I asked which toilet was which. She said she remembers the notation because the 2 O’clock symbol looks like an erect cock and the 6 O’clock looks like a fanny. Fair enough.

The point being, the above is the work of HR, so I am not surprised they issued the note you referred to. That sort of mentalness is their bread & butter activity.
Cop on!. Colleagues of my daughter while working in that hospital were reduced to tears by insults levelled at them by patients ,whom they were helping. It was THAT to which the HR department was responding
Now it is my practice to answer a query . A maximum of three times,from the one questioner, and you have exceeded your quota on this topic.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No. Zero tariff would be best in both directions. Like we have now. It’s best for everyone. If tariffs are applied, I would like to see 50% on everything coming out of France & Germany or from companies they control. Make their products totally non viable in the U.K.
if we want to have reciprocal zero tariffs with the EU, we need to align our rates with third countries to the same level as the EU do.

Advertisers