Brexit, for once some facts.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
'Vox Political' gives a brief but accurate description of the people likely to want 'Brexit' and benefit from the kind of UK we will have once free from the EU.

Check it out here and see if you are one of those likely to benefit:

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2017/12/19/brexit-is-about-the-rich-rees-moggs-of-britain-not-anyone-else-the-new-european/

Tom
Unfortunately "we" are stuck between one party whose sole intention seems to be looking after a miniscule minority of out of touch money men who dream of Lord Nelson and Sir Francis Drake, and another one that is genuinely full of good intention, but doesn't understand where the money is coming from.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
That is simply urban myth, generated by the tory propaganda purveyors. No Labour government has ever put the country in the massive debt that tory governments run up, time and again.

'Quantitative Easing' destroyed all arguments about money availability.

Tom
Possibly, and yes "Quantitative Easing' does trash a lot of arguments that are conveniently forgotten about. The same bank that was a main player in the financial crash of 2008 is quite happy to repossess properties that if you look back, the reason for doing so could be attributed to them in the first place. Mr Goodwin should have been stripped of his assets and jailed. The warning signs were there, for those who bothered to look, and it happened under a " labour watch", so that, regardless of what they spout, and what the past throws up, I do not ever trust a word any politician offers, especially leading up to an election. Right, left, or center. Andy Warhol quoted "15 minutes of fame" now its 280 characters on Twitter, and "next please". Perhaps its an urban myth, but allegedly there were more votes cast from some areas of the UK for some talentless fool on X Factor, than what was cast at the last election. Wonder how the viewing figures for a party political broadcast compare with Jeremy Kyle ? I do believe Messrs Cowell, Kyle and Co are part of a conspiracy to keep the populace dumbed down.

From Ancient Rome.
"
Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) is metonymic for a superficial means of appeasement. In the case of politics, the phrase is used to describe the generation of public approval, not through exemplary or excellent public service or public policy, but through diversion; distraction; or the mere satisfaction of the immediate, shallow requirements of a populace, as an offered "palliative". Its originator, Juvenal, used the phrase to decry the selfishness of common people and their neglect of wider concerns. The phrase also implies the erosion or ignorance of civic duty amongst the concerns of the commoner.["

Now you are not going to tell me that modern politicians aren't aware of this.;)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The EU, (thankfully) succeeded where unions failed.

"Ministers including Boris Johnson and Michael Gove are plotting to scrap the working time directive, according to numerous media reports. This is a crucial piece of EU law that protects working people – and which working people were promised would still apply after Brexit.

If Johnson and Gove succeed, 7 million workers could lose their guaranteed legal right to paid holidays. That includes nearly 5 million women and many workers on part-time and zero-hours contracts.

Stripped of the laws that restrain them, bad bosses could force their staff to work excessive hours, far above the current limit of 48 hours a week. Lunch and rest breaks would be under threat too, as would health and safety protections for night workers."
How would the EU referendum have gone if the NHS Brexit bus had replaced that infamous pledge of £350m extra a week with the truth? Perhaps with something like: The EU Guarantees Holidays and Rights At Work. Let’s Work Longer Hours And Scrap Time Off. Let’s Take Back Control.

It’s an interesting thought experiment to conduct in the wake of reports that Environment Secretary Michael Gove, who stood in front of that bus and then tried to weasel his way out of its lie when challenged on it by Labour’s Wes Streeting in the House of Commons, is pushing for the scrapping of the EU’s Working Time Directive at today’s crunch Brexit cabinet meeting.

The headlines in newspapers friendly to him billed this as offering workers the opportunity to do more overtime and get paid more. Indeed, a “source” told The Sun on Sunday that the move would “put back the power to decide how hard to work into the hands of the people who matter – the ordinary British worker”.

You would think they would wait until after Brexit before suggesting scrapping EU laws...it only endorses what Grieve was saying about Henry 8 powers and now they have let the cat out.
Google 'CPF Singapore' and you can see where this bunch of Tory right wingers are taking us...the working guy and/or those on benefits who voted Brexit may just change their minds,they are being conned just wake up and smell the coffee.
Not sure where May fits into this???
KudosDave

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
..the working guy and/or those on benefits who voted Brexit may just change their minds,they are being conned just wake up and smell the coffee.
I listened to radio interviews, consisting mainly with pro brexit pensioners, who don't seem to understand that a state pension and the NHS are a state benefit. This morning I took a severe ear bashing for saying that the Scottish governments new tax policy was a step in the right direction. (If you're on £150.000 per annum you pay around an extra £1000 tax. Violins out) which leads me to agree with the following.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Brexit secretary David Davis will warn the European commission that it cannot “cherrypick some sectors” when negotiating a trade deal, according to a senior government official, who said the UK planned to treat goods and services as inseparable.

The EU own the cherry tree,I dont think they will be doing any fruit picking that will be our job,on lofty and unstable ladders!!!!
KudosDave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Brexit secretary David Davis will warn the European commission that it cannot “cherrypick some sectors” when negotiating a trade deal, according to a senior government official, who said the UK planned to treat goods and services as inseparable.
Doesn't he realise that the EU did exactly that with Switzerland, breaking trade down into well over 100 agreements with services excluded.

There is no way the EU will accept goods and services as inseparable, especially without free movement of people.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That is simply urban myth, generated by the tory propaganda purveyors. No Labour government has ever put the country in the massive debt that tory governments run up, time and again.

'Quantitative Easing' destroyed all arguments about money availability.

Tom
QE is the best solution to the financial mess that previous governments left DC to sort out. Gordon Brown relied over time more and more on the profit generated by the City, forgetting the cumulative risk of all the ponzi schemes that are the base of the London market for derivatives.
Borrowing from foreign banks would have meant higher interest rate for all and partially nationalised banks RBS and Lloyds would have had huge funding problems.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldtom

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
QE is the best solution to the financial mess that previous governments left DC to sort out. Gordon Brown relied over time more and more on the profit generated by the City, forgetting the cumulative risk of all the ponzi schemes that are the base of the London market for derivatives.
Borrowing from foreign banks would have meant higher interest rate for all and partially nationalised banks RBS and Lloyds would have had huge funding problems.
The best solution for a financial mess is to learn from previous mistakes and not let them happen in the first place, sort of like using eco mode on your bike instead of full power when you know full power will never get you home. I've seen three "crashes". I learned a lesson from the first one.

Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just finished putting tree up, looks real cozy under my bridge now...
Merry Christmas everyone...lets hope this mess gets sorted amicably...

Reactions: flecc and SHAN

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The best solution for a financial mess is to learn from previous mistakes and not let them happen in the first place, sort of like using eco mode on your bike instead of full power when you know full power will never get you home. I've seen three "crashes". I learned a lesson from the first one.
They will never learn, or rather, the conmen will invent new 'products' to circumvent current legislation if the latter does not suit them.
Stupid greed leads the way. Lucky for some when it's not their money that they bet with.
Have you wondered why London is the centre of the world for derivatives and not Frankfurt or Paris?
when you look at the London derivative market, it did really take off under Labour administration. Did they do anything about it to stop it from crashing? no, zilch. Everybody, clients, providers, taxman are very happy when the market advances. Just look at people queueing to put their money at the moment on bitcoins and its derivative market.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I listened to radio interviews, consisting mainly with pro brexit pensioners, who don't seem to understand that a state pension and the NHS are a state benefit. This morning I took a severe ear bashing for saying that the Scottish governments new tax policy was a step in the right direction. (If you're on £150.000 per annum you pay around an extra £1000 tax. Violins out) which leads me to agree with the following.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
It's got us where we are today!

Reactions: robdon and SHAN

Advertisers