Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What do you call voters that spend 44 billion on a vanity project during a recession? Seriously, can you imagine what a 44 billion investment would have turned public services into. Aside from the collateral damage of sterling's collapse
let's see now, my previous description was "They had been Misled" which was far enough at the time of the Referendum.
But now?
After all we seem to be buying into a second class position in the world for the sake of "Sovereignty" and to do things we have already had the power to do any way.
And to give all power to a Government (make that two competing factions)of liars, con artists and incompetents?

"Not prone to suffering from a logical thought process to the point of reaching what is after all an inevitable conclusion"
Fits them better whether they like that or not.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This morning on the Andrew Marr show the "Cheshire Cat" was even worse that usual insisting that "Sectoral Analyses" had been done rather than the reports he spoke of before.
Why then were these not presented to the committee when asked what work was done on the impact of Brexit?
Where is the evidence that they exist either?

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
just wanted to say how childish I personally find referring to anyone who voted to leave a brexidiot.
I do too! It seems to fit perfectly though with all the 'Brexit'-voting pillocks I have ever encountered.

Was that really so upsetting for you to read which caused you join the 'Pedelecs' site so you could voice your distress? You must be one very thin-skinned individual if you allow yourself to be upset by something as 'childish' as that, as you yourself termed it.

Did you never learn the old adage at school, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me'?

Anyway, as it's near the end of the year, here is a selection of childish cartoons and imagery from the last year or so..........768715188.png.jpeg

Clt4zWlXEAATMgJ.jpg

7d767-6a00d8341d417153ef01bb08eba452970d-800wi.png

brexit_supreme_court__leopold_maurer.jpeg

brexit-jokes-7.jpg

ClPH9toWYAAQzxH.jpg

And the UK's place at the table during the still to be agreed transition period will look something like this:

brexit-jokes-6.jpg

Hold the front page - this has just come in:

I have just heard that UKIP has decided to cancel its forthcoming nativity play as they couldn't find three wise men!

Ho Ho Ho!

Tom

Attachments

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This morning on the Andrew Marr show the "Cheshire Cat" was even worse that usual insisting that "Sectoral Analyses" had been done rather than the reports he spoke of before.
Why then were these not presented to the committee when asked what work was done on the impact of Brexit?
Where is the evidence that they exist either?
Davis was correct in the interview, much more accurate in his use of words than Mr Marr.
The tool of the trade for politicians is constructive ambiguity, relying on the public misunderstand what they actually said.
He did not use the word 'impact assessments' before being cornered by the HOC brexit comittee.
He is also correct that his department cannot make predictions because they are unlikely to be correct.
Also in the Marr show, Keir Starmer was visibly less skillful in the art of political lying.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Davis was correct in the interview, much more accurate in his use of words than Mr Marr.
The tool of the trade for politicians is constructive ambiguity, relying on the public misunderstand what they actually said.
He did not use the word 'impact assessments' before being cornered by the HOC brexit comittee.
He is also correct that his department cannot make predictions because they are unlikely to be correct.
Also in the Marr show, Keir Starmer was visibly less skillful in the art of political lying.
Starmer was pushed by Marr on a number of critical points,Starmer was direct in his answers ,particularly on the matter of the customs union and the single market,he was uncomfortable being so direct but I felt Labour had now settled on its ideas of Brexit,an honest man
Davis tried to escape from his lie about the impact assessments by calling them sector analysis,any right thinking person looking through his waffle could see that he hadn't done the work because de didn't ever expect to have to reveal them. I concentrated on the Marr-Davis interview but came away thinking he hadn't told us anything,an unreliable man,
Later in the morning Bone was interviewed,one of the 35 Tory bastards,he was very definite what he wanted....he realised that May's deal was a compromise to satisfy all parties but not give what the 35 wanted. So he wanted a 'no deal' scenario ,five times in the interview he said bringing back control and making our own laws....these guys are racist,xenophobes.....they want to take our country back to the 1930's....you could see him dusting off the hunting pink,a horrible man.
KudosDave

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Now that the insoluble Irish border problem has been magically solved after much confusion on the part of people on both side of the border that isn't a border?........I'm reminded of how so many Irish folk became so confused about things in the first place. Indeed, we can include many Christians around the world and not just those who belong to the church of Rome.

This clip, featuring a very funny Irishman, explains:

Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well then, that's cleared everything up then. What kind of bicycle do you have Steve ?
I do too! It seems to fit perfectly though with all the 'Brexit'-voting pillocks I have ever encountered.
Just to avoid any future misunderstanding, there are two with the name Stevew in this forum, the new one with a stop between steve and w.

The long standing Stevew has posted well over a hundred times, is a keen cyclist and for a while ran a mobile cycle repair business. I wouldn't like to see him getting a future negative response.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
I wouldn't like t
That's why I asked about his bicycle ownership. ;) Plus, just in case no one has noticed, my take on the Brexit outcome is, wait and see, and keep the debate good humoured. Like in all political outcomes I remember in my lifetime, the "minions" have very little sway in what goes on after elections. My wish? whoever was responsible for the Brexit bus NHS promise should get praise, and rewarded, if it materialises, and if it doesn't, they go to jail. :)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
It seems the bell-end impersonating the UK foreign Secretary has flown all the way to Iran for a photo opportunity alongside President Rouhani. The tory party media wing suggested he was there in an effort to secure the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe but it appears he failed to secure her release or indeed any positive indication from his discussions.

Had he succeeded in achieving her release from custody, he would undoubtedly be hailed as a hero by the propagandists of the UK media and would by the end of the week be in line for a Knighthood in the New Year's Honours plus consideration for a Nobel peace prize and Sainthood from the Pope.

No doubt, if and when the Iranians decide to release this woman, the UK media will attempt to spin the story as if to suggest Johnson's intervention paid off as the Iranians came to their senses after thinking deeply about Johnson's message.

'The Guardian' reports thus:

boris-johnson-ends-iran-visit-jailed-briton-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe

Tom

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Elsewhere in the middle-east, our great allies, Israel and the USA, have conspired to further shaft the Palestinian people by deciding to name Jerusalem as the state capital.

Clearly, the UK government must be endorsing this travesty, otherwise I would have expected Johnson to divert from Iran to Israel to make a personal protest on behalf of all decent people in the UK.

This Palestinian lady explains to Emily Maitliss, a Jew, what it feels like to be a native of Jerusalem:

Tom

• Agree

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
"Not prone to suffering from a logical thought process to the point of reaching what is after all an inevitable conclusion"
Fits them better whether they like that or not.
Here is some logic, as previously predicted

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/brexit-for-once-some-facts.24369/reply?quote=372420

Looks like any bill due, if a deal is struck, will be paid off in dribs and drabs, with the UK's percentage of receivables from EIB loans effectively the EU will be paying its own bill and they will be returning our stake money too.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Starmer was pushed by Marr on a number of critical points,Starmer was direct in his answers ,particularly on the matter of the customs union and the single market,he was uncomfortable being so direct but I felt Labour had now settled on its ideas of Brexit,an honest man
Davis tried to escape from his lie about the impact assessments by calling them sector analysis,any right thinking person looking through his waffle could see that he hadn't done the work because de didn't ever expect to have to reveal them. I concentrated on the Marr-Davis interview but came away thinking he hadn't told us anything,an unreliable man,
Later in the morning Bone was interviewed,one of the 35 Tory bastards,he was very definite what he wanted....he realised that May's deal was a compromise to satisfy all parties but not give what the 35 wanted. So he wanted a 'no deal' scenario ,five times in the interview he said bringing back control and making our own laws....these guys are racist,xenophobes.....they want to take our country back to the 1930's....you could see him dusting off the hunting pink,a horrible man.
KudosDave
They all speak with a forked tongue.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here is some logic, as previously predicated

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/brexit-for-once-some-facts.24369/reply?quote=372420

Looks like any bill due, if a deal is struck, will be paid off in dribs and drabs, with the UK's percentage of receivables from EIB loans effectively the EU will be paying its own bill and they will be returning our stake money too.
Premature. You're forgetting that we will be paying annually for trade access, just like Norway for example.

And you were wrong in that earlier post in saying it looks like a hard Brexit. A decidely soft one has just been indicated by the negotiations.

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Premature. You're forgetting that we will be paying annually for trade access, just like Norway for example.

And you were wrong on that earlier post in saying it looks like a hard Brexit. A decidely soft one has just been indicated by the negotiations.
Must have missed that new news can you provide me with a links to an official statement.

Also a bit premature on your second paragraph.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Must have missed that new news can you provide me with a links to an official statement.
No statement needed. If you believe we will have payment free access to trade with the EU without being a member while others are paying for it, you really are living in some sort of cloud cuckoo land.

Wouldn't many of the other 26 immediately demand the same?

The EU's fundamental absolute position is that we cannot have better than we already had as a member. That tells you all you need to know about a Brexit outcome.

• Agree

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
No statement needed. If you believe we will have payment free access to trade with the EU without being a member while others are paying for it, you really are living in some sort of cloud cuckoo land.

So no source, followed by something I have not said - who is in this cloud cuckoo land?

• Dislike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So no source, followed by something I have not said - who is in this cloud cuckoo land?
As amply demonstrated, no source necessary.

No cloud cuckoo land here, just acknowledgment of what we do know. That is the EU's insistence that we leave with less than we had, and the logic that they cannot depart from that.

• Agree

Advertisers