Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Please tell me exactly what went on at that dinner. You can't, can you - it's all conspiracy theory rubbish.
Your apparent fit of pique is so, so juvenile and actually laughable.

Although I cannot speak for OG, I can confirm that I was certainly not in attendance at that dinner. As for conspiracy theories, well, in your little bubble, I suppose any and all disagreement with the message with which you have been indoctrinated has to be challenged because the truth is simply too uncomfortable. If you don't like the suggestion, it must be a conspiracy theory, right?

Perhaps I misunderstand your meaning. Is it the case perhaps that you believe there is no holocaust being conducted against the Palestinians?

Maybe you believe that there are good reasons for the UK to support the murderous regime in Tel Aviv?

Do you believe therefore that any state which is not a friend of Israel must by definition be no friend of the UK?

How about answering the question on 'Brexit' that you have avoided?

Can you please tell me how and when 'Brexit' will improve the lot of the British people? Please don't lie to me.

Tom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Lord Kerr has made an extremely important speech today about the UK's position in regard to A50 and the whole process of 'Brexit' and confirms that May and her party are wrong in claiming the matter is irreversible.

Curiously, the major tory propaganda organs are keeping his speech low-key, obviously not worthy of headlines in their opinion, but although finding a video link of his speech is proving rather difficult at the moment, there is a brief extract on film at this location:

brexit-theresa-may-article-50-reversal-misleading-public-author-lord-kerr-claims-a8046676.html

Tom
Clutching at straws coms to mind. I doubt we will hear anything new, it's always seemed clear, to me, that should we choose then we could change our minds. This is yet a another rerun by the wanna stays to force such a change in mind by attempting to undermine anything and anyone in support of Brexit.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Your apparent fit of pique is so, so juvenile and actually laughable.

Although I cannot speak for OG, I can confirm that I was certainly not in attendance at that dinner. As for conspiracy theories, well, in your little bubble, I suppose any and all disagreement with the message with which you have been indoctrinated has to be challenged because the truth is simply too uncomfortable. If you don't like the suggestion, it must be a conspiracy theory, right?

Perhaps I misunderstand your meaning. Is it the case perhaps that you believe there is no holocaust being conducted against the Palestinians?

Maybe you believe that there are good reasons for the UK to support the murderous regime in Tel Aviv?

Do you believe therefore that any state which is not a friend of Israel must by definition be no friend of the UK?

How about answering the question on 'Brexit' that you have avoided?

Can you please tell me how and when 'Brexit' will improve the lot of the British people? Please don't lie to me.

Tom
Your negotiating /social skills are sadly lacking and simply display a totally closed (empty) mind. There's absolutely no point, to me, in answering your loaded questions.

• :D
Reactions: oldtom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
It didn't cost much to set up the NHS, the costs followed as it was used over time, gradually growing and now hurting of course.
Really hurting, as indeed are most welfare costs as the population ages and increases in number. Pity we have to let politics get in the way of solutions.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
my neighbour had a BSA Bantam that I drooled over.
The BSA Bantam was actually a war reparations design, originally a German DKW and copied in every detail by BSA. They also got BMW's boxer twin designs but stupidly spoilt that by folding the cylinders upright into a two in line engine, fitted in the short lived Sunbeam S7 and S8 models.

• Informative
Reactions: Steb

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Clutching at straws coms to mind. I doubt we will hear anything new, it's always seemed clear, to me, that should we choose then we could change our minds.
That is not the view of your stupid bitch of a glorious leader. You should be careful about defying her, especially after her serious warning to potential rebels, lest you find yourself being expelled from the party!

Tom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
From a man who demonstrates solid allegiance and support for the biggest liars of the 21st century UK, that is really rich! You are just so funny.....and predictable.

Tom
Try this then - from a man with which you have much in common I suspect?

I'll leave you to work out which one.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
That is not the view of your stupid bitch of a glorious leader. You should be careful about defying her, especially after her serious warning to potential rebels, lest you find yourself being expelled from the party!

Tom
It might surprise you but let me repeat something I said earlier - I am my own man. That said I have to admit being a proud Englishman not an apologist of one!

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
When I was a kid there were still plenty of BSAs, Triumphs and Nortons about, my neighbour had a BSA Bantam that I drooled over. Then the Honda and Kawasaki four strokes arrived on the scene and they vanished from general use only to be used by the bike gangs.

Now that is what I call a motor! I had a mate who had a Daimler Dart, what a car![/QUOTE

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
When I was a kid there were still plenty of BSAs, Triumphs and Nortons about, my neighbour had a BSA Bantam that I drooled over. Then the Honda and Kawasaki four strokes arrived on the scene and they vanished from general use only to be used by the bike gangs.

Now that is what I call a motor! I had a mate who had a Daimler Dart, what a car!
I've got mixed feelings about the dart, AFAIK its plastic tub sat on a TR2 ladder chassis, what I really do know is that it can flex so badly that the doors open involuntarily, and the engine may be smooth buts specific power output isn't great (I believe a triumph 4 cylinder, as in a TR2 of the same vintage) puts out more as standard and is more tunable. this is straying quite far from brexit, but a TR2 is much better

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
It might surprise you but let me repeat something I said earlier - I am my own man. That said I have to admit being a proud Englishman not an apologist of one!
an "apologist" is someone who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. once you offer an argument in defence of brexit you may achieve the status of an apologist. your pedestrian justifications for conservative values do not amount to that (or pride or "being your own man").

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
an "apologist" is someone who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. once you offer an argument in defence of brexit you may achieve the status of an apologist. your pedestrian justifications for conservative values do not amount to that (or pride or "being your own man").
A proud Englishman! I love my country and irrespective of all the political (nonsense) am happy to live here. It is not, in my eyes, the picture many on here paint. It is controversial, to me, for someone to suggest that our PM is in cahoots with or supports someone intent on removing Palestine from the map. I wasn't suggesting myself as being an apologist, Tom argues against his country - not me!

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've got mixed feelings about the dart, AFAIK its plastic tub sat on a TR2 ladder chassis, what I really do know is that it can flex so badly that the doors open involuntarily, and the engine may be smooth buts specific power output isn't great (I believe a triumph 4 cylinder, as in a TR2 of the same vintage) puts out more as standard and is more tunable. this is straying quite far from brexit, but a TR2 is much better
I agree the Triumph TR2 to TR5 were better sports cars, their engines were the Standard Vanguard 2 litre but twin carbed. I hated the TR6, more saloon than sports car.

The Daimler Dart was really a luxurious version of a sports car, as much about comfort and refinement as performance, in keeping with the badge.

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
True - Horse Power vs Horse S**t perhaps. a welcome break perhaps?
for who ;>) I'm afraid my knowledge of what comes out of the wrong end of the horse is sadly lacking. however, both are death traps, I sold mine, hit a lamp post at 30 miles an hour and you can kiss your frontal lobes goodbye

Reactions: PeterL

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Well said Mr. Davis..

"Let me be clear, we cannot have anything resulting in a new border being set up with in the UK," said Mr Davis after the sixth round of UK-EU talks on citizens' rights, the Irish border, and the UK's "divorce bill".

"We remain firmly committed to avoiding any physical infrastructure.

"We respect the EU desires, but they cannot come at the constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom."

At the end of the day the UK doesn`t need the EU....

jog on Mr. Barnier!

• Agree
Reactions: PeterL and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The Daimler V8 was a good engine in its 2.5 and 4.5 guises but this is what company records said.

"Limited investment in tooling for the 2.5-litre engine led to limited production capacity, with a maximum weekly output of 140 engines. This prescribed maximum output was never achieved during the production of the engine."

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers