Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That is probably the most coherent arguement presented for Brexit. No economics, no rationales just a plain gut feeling. Not amenable to rational arguement. I said as much to Woosh some thousands of posts ago...
A gamble without knowing the odds is the correct description.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Absolutely correct!
And here are the exact words of Rupert Murdoch on that subject"Murdoch said that if Johnson backtracked on promises made during the referendum campaign on serious matters – presumably including immigration – this would trigger “another bloody revolt”.

Mind you there's a big question mark as to who and what he was referring to!
On a personal note My Wife had a Brain CT scan on August the 2nd, for recurrent headaches, we found out Yesterday when she finally saw the Neurologist that there was nothing sinister on the Scan.
Which makes me wonder how five weeks ago at an appointment with the Memory Clinic she was diagnosed with Altzheimers, a terminal disease.
I received no sensible answer to explain the situation...surely it would show on a CT scan?
But then what do I know about such things?
Three months to get a scan result? you could be dead and buried in that time, and repeated requests for information got nowhere.
I hope your wife is going to be ok. Good news regarding the scan, but a contradictory diagnosis from the Memory Clinic. That must be very frustrating for both of you and I hope that it is resolved with a favourable outcome. Best wishes to both of you.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I hope your wife is going to be ok. Good news regarding the scan, but a contradictory diagnosis from the Memory Clinic. That must be very frustrating for both of you and I hope that it is resolved with a favourable outcome. Best wishes to both of you.
Thank you tillson for your kind thoughts.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

This is the Quality of Tory Mp's
Hunt denying there will be money from Brexit for the NHS
Boris's mouth gaining a woman a five year prison sentence, and
Priti Patel running her own show in Israel.
Is anyone actually in charge anymore?

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Absolutely correct!
And here are the exact words of Rupert Murdoch on that subject"Murdoch said that if Johnson backtracked on promises made during the referendum campaign on serious matters – presumably including immigration – this would trigger “another bloody revolt”.

Mind you there's a big question mark as to who and what he was referring to!
On a personal note My Wife had a Brain CT scan on August the 2nd, for recurrent headaches, we found out Yesterday when she finally saw the Neurologist that there was nothing sinister on the Scan.
Which makes me wonder how five weeks ago at an appointment with the Memory Clinic she was diagnosed with Altzheimers, a terminal disease, and Vascular Dementia too.
I received no sensible answer to explain the situation...surely they would show on a CT scan?
But then what do I know about such things?
Three months to get a scan result? you could be dead and buried in that time, and repeated requests for information got nowhere.
Sorry to hear all that OG..Anyhow, seriously good luck with everything.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

This is the Quality of Tory Mp's
Hunt denying there will be money from Brexit for the NHS
Boris's mouth gaining a woman a five year prison sentence, and
Priti Patel running her own show in Israel.
Is anyone actually in charge anymore?
It seems Patel has resigned.....should have been sacked...

• Agree
Reactions: tillson and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the independent
"
Only 26 per cent of voters now think the Prime Minister will “get the right deal for Britain in the Brexit negotiations” - down from 44 per cent in June. Almost 50 per cent disagree with the statement.

The poll, conducted by ORB International for The Telegraph, comes days before David Davis and the rest of the UK’s negotiating team head to Brussels for the latest round of talks that many fear have stalled.

And this Poll is coming from the Torygraph remember.

How can anyone trust a Government to take of the difficult task of running the Country AFTER Brexit, when they haven't the Gumption to negotiate our leaving the EU.

No matter if you are for or against Brexit this is a dreadful show of incompetence.

A government with such a low confidence rating with the Public should resign.
Brexit doesn't need their help to be a disaster, but they seem determined to turn it into a CATASTROPHE.

Don't have an election we haven't got time: form a coalition.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
When they feel that the conditions and safeguards have much changed, then it easy to understand why they voted for brexit.
Where were all these dissenters then when changes to the terms and conditions of membership were proposed, let alone altered?

If our MEPs brought news of adverse (if they were) changes to our membership package to parliament at those times of the various treaty arrangements, why did parliament not stop the show then or seek a mandate for change?

The truth is that everyone, both parliamentarian and citizen, was perfectly happy with being part of the EU through all the changes till something happened which caused the general public to be led up the garden path by liars, fools and charlatans who subverted the normal parliamentary processes to bring about change in a revolutionary manner.

The public has been hoodwinked and the mugs who continue to peddle the well-hackneyed lies about some kind of shangri-la future for the UK are simply compounding the error and pandering to the will of the most corrupt people in society.

Tom

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Where were all these dissenters then when changes to the terms and conditions of membership were proposed, let alone altered?

If our MEPs brought news of adverse (if they were) changes to our membership package to parliament at those times of the various treaty arrangements, why did parliament not stop the show then or seek a mandate for change?

The truth is that everyone, both parliamentarian and citizen, was perfectly happy with being part of the EU through all the changes till something happened which caused the general public to be led up the garden path by liars, fools and charlatans who subverted the normal parliamentary processes to bring about change in a revolutionary manner.

The public has been hoodwinked and the mugs who continue to peddle the well-hackneyed lies about some kind of shangri-la future for the UK are simply compounding the error and pandering to the will of the most corrupt people in society.

Tom
I do think that the David C wishes for change were made abundantly clear to anyone who cared to listen.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Perhaps someone an explain the logic of this remark in the Telegraph?
"
Priti Patel was unfairly sacrificed to buy time for a rudderless Government
Allister Heath
It's an example, as I'm sure you know, of something that used to be called, 'Doublespeak'. In this modern age, it is more commonly known as lies; invariably, lies promulgated and disseminated via the tory propaganda wing, in this particular instance by a storyteller, not yet 40 years old who just happens to be the editor of the Sunday Torygraph.

He is just another tory windbag.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: Steb and robdon

Advertisers