Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Perhaps you have another suitable adjective to describe dumbly accepting propaganda without verifying the facts?

That's old groaners for you, believe any old left wing tripe..

On a nicer note...32 degrees in Moraira this morning. Got told off by harbour master for playing too near harbour entrance on jetski...( they can pollute atmosphere)...Ironic thing was I,d delivered the gin palace complaints were originating from...Irony is brilliant isn't it OG.. Wind too onshore for my yellow submarine..perhaps tomorrow...

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
If remaiiners like OG made this kind of remarks:

then there is no wonder that brexiters feel just as strongly that their country has been taken over by EU businesses.
The point is remainers have to bridge the gap of 'them and us' in a simple language when EU nationals and British living in EU countries are discussed.
'Woosh', I really do believe you have lost the plot of this whole 'Brexit' nonsense.

Your last sentence in which you pompously attempt to tell us what 'the point' is, is just absolute drivel. 'Remainers' need do nothing. We have lived fairly harmoniously for the last half-century+ with our our friends on continental Europe, with our Irish neighbours also for several years now.

There is no 'them and us' - we are all Europeans and share the same aims and ideals - it is only right-wing extremists who wish to undermine the European dream. The common people have far more basic aspirations from those of the warmongering, tax-cheating and personal wealth-enhancing desires of the privileged class.

In short, 'remainers' need no lessons from those who acquiesce while their country is dragged into political and economic isolation by politicians with the instincts of 19th century Mississippi riverboat gamblers.

Tom

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"We have lived fairly harmoniously"
I know you are lying now.
No he's not. We've lived harmoniously enough with mainland Europe to have joint design and construction projects, millions living and working in others countries, many millions holidaying both ways, millions choosing to retire in other countries, choosing to manufacture in other countries.

All of which shows a degree of trust and awareness of mutual interest that can only be described as harmonious.

The one area where the relationship has sometimes lacked harmony is in the dealings of politicians, but few of us class ourselves as like them.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"We have lived fairly harmoniously"
I know you are lying now.
OK I accept that ; everyone with the exception of the Tory loonies and Zlatan, who nevertheless possibly as some form of penance, spends every possible minute over the channel, taking advantage of the lifestyle and loving every minute.

Would anyone care to explain how that can possibly be, unless he stays there "Unharmoniously?"

Or perhaps explain to him the word "hypocrisy"?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No he's not. We've lived harmoniously enough with mainland Europe to have joint design and construction projects, millions living and working in others countries, many millions holidaying both ways, millions choosing to retire in other countries, choosing to manufacture in other countries.

All of which shows a degree of trust and awareness of mutual interest that can only be described as harmonious.

The one area where the relationship has sometimes lacked harmony is in the dealings of politicians, but few of us class ourselves as like them.
And of course a few layabouts with yellow sub aqua scooters and the attitude of Nigel Farage that spend their time there in the sun supping the local vino.:cool:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The real reason behind Government enthusiasm for Brexit revealed in the independent
"
EU launches investigation into Britain for letting multinational corporations avoid tax
Government introduced new tax loophole for multinationals in 2013
The European Commission has opened an investigation into alleged special treatment given to big multinational companies by the British government and its tax authorities.

The UK has allowed some multinationals to “opt out” of key parts of its tax avoidance crackdown that applies to other companies – a move the EU says could breach state aid rules about special treatment.
The UK’s “controlled foreign company” (CFC) rules were originally put in place to stop British companies setting up a subsidiary in a tax haven to avoid British taxes.

However, under a loophole introduced under David Cameron and George Osborne in 2013, certain income such as interest payments have become exempt from the rules. The Commission says this rule is used by multinational companies to quietly shift profits into tax havens and pay little or nothing in Britain.

And Brexit will of course stop this sort of thing?
All Pigs Fuelled up and ready to fly.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If folk sold bikes like Tom and OG put over their arguments salesman would be wearing bike and walking odd. And you,d buy a car..
Only if the customers were called Zlatan, normal customers actually prefer to be told the truth, now go and look that word up, you may need is someday.
Since my job was meeting different people every day and helping them resolve complaints I suspect I have a far more comprehensive understanding of human nature than a Gambler like you ever will.
My concern is for OTHERS, not my personal advantage.
You should try it sometime.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another sign of the "Brexit Boom" in the Telegraph
"
Retailers on edge as sales dive at fastest pace since the financial crisis"

I must go out and wave my Union Jack about.....shouting it's worth it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
if it is hoped that Japanese car manufacturers are to be the saviours of our manufacturing sector they had better stop going the way of British Leyland and the other local manufacturers
This is in the Daily Mail from "What Car" surveys.

Nissan’s Note was least reliable small car (48.6 per cent).

Worst family car was the Nissan Pulsar (48.3 per cent) and the least reliable MPV was the Mercedes-Benz B-class (46.2 per cent).

The award for the least reliable small SUV is the Sunderland-made Nissan Qashqai petrol (28.9 per cent).
and The worst luxury car?
the least reliable large SUV - and least reliable of all cars - is the £61,000 Range Rover Sport diesel, with an comparably appalling reliability rating of just 14.5 per cent. "
What Car? noted: ’Worryingly 60 per cent of Range Rover Sport diesels had problems. They spanned a wide range of areas, the most serious of which were the gearbox, drivetrain, engine and suspension.

Not looking good, is it? when the supposedly superior Japanese and other Foreign Manufacturers fall to the old "English Disease" that ruined our own makers.

Am I the only one to get this feeling that falling Quality standards are being permitted as part of a withdrawal strategy?
Or are the workforce giving up hope?

Last edited:
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tom /OG you can tell me whatever you wish but neither of you have ever in your entire lives done anything harmoniously..flecc possibly but you two ...no chance...
And yes enjoying Sangria in sun as we chat so harmoniously. Back to BVI soon. Real work starts then.
The Corbyn statement was in response to Tom fool pedalling more garbage.

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tom /OG you can tell me whatever you wish but neither of you have ever in your entire lives done anything harmoniously..flecc possibly but you two ...no chance...
And yes enjoying Sangria in sun as we chat so harmoniously. Back to BVI soon. Real work starts then.
Is this another of your "Facts"?
Based as usual on no evidence other than a guess?
Well at least you are consistent with something.

• Agree

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Perhaps you have another suitable adjective to describe dumbly accepting propaganda without verifying the facts?

On a nicer note...32 degrees in Moraira this morning. Got told off by harbour master for playing too near harbour entrance on jetski...( they can pollute atmosphere)...Ironic thing was I,d delivered the gin palace complaints were originating from...Irony is brilliant isn't it OG.. Wind too onshore for my yellow submarine..perhaps tomorrow...
Irony indeed. there you are, defending a system that's all about keeping you serving on the unprincipled who raid pension funds, dump the proceeds in plastic tubs and care less about you than they do about the public. There's more to life than that.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

It seems that published and Verifiable facts equate with left wing tripe?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Irony indeed. there you are, defending a system that's all about keeping you serving on the unprincipled who raid pension funds, dump the proceeds in plastic tubs and care less about you than they do about the public. There's more to life than that.
Fictional life styles do tend to lead to flights of fancy, take everything he writes as being fantasy and you can't go far wrong.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You should really avoid drinking too much in the sun on an empty head you know. :confused:
The expression is "peddling" not "pedalling" by the way.

• Agree

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
I
You should really avoid drinking too much in the sun on an empty head you know. :confused:
The expression is "peddling" not "pedalling" by the way.
In defence of our noble yacht delivery man, 'pedalling garbage' is probably more true to the activities of those on an ebike website..

• Agree

Advertisers