For Sale Bargains

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
He doesn't like me giving out his number to any randoms or non Ananda customers (Bafang techies need not apply). Take a picture of yourself pointing to your Ananda motor and include a copy of the latest Beano in the pic and I'll see what I can do
Thanks.

• :D
Reactions: Az.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Jan have verified the picture, and is happy that you are indeed a true mid-drive advocate (and Beano subscriber) and will be in touch with you soon.

He told me he's looking forward to having a right old laugh with you when you both can take the mick out of those Walter The (hub-drive) Softies as you trade fun stories of how you both (Billy The) whizz past them on hills on your mid-drives ! He said you'd have to be desperate (Dan) to ride a hub-drive ! Lolz

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

that should do for a washing machine :cool:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

that should do for a washing machine :cool:
"His LEAF (Less Epic Axial Flux) motor design is concise and well though out.
His blog shows clear diagrams of the motor's components and
their assembly."

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
For those who are considering switching to 48V

G70 battery 15Ah 48V
5P13S Li-ion 65pcs battery cells (the interior battery is SAMSUNG INR18650-35E3 Li-ion battery)

£178 + £7 shipping from Germany. Really good price IMO

I wish that battery was available when I was buying, but it was OOS at that time, so I paid significantly more :(

Reactions: egroover

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Reactions: Az.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
PSW have some great prices on batteries at the moment.
36v 25ah Samsung 21700 cell downtube battery about £210 delivered

Yes, but it is massive and 36V. For me there is no coming back to 36V. I still have few 36V motors, but wouldn't buy 36V system today after trying 48V.

...but you are right - very good prices at PSW. Motors and batteries.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, but it is massive and 36V. For me there is no coming back to 36V. I still have few 36V motors, but wouldn't buy 36V system today after trying 48V.

...but you are right - very good prices at PSW. Motors and batteries.
That's how I feel too. I found three things on an electric bike that once you've tried, there's no way back: 48v, hydraulic disc brakes and KT controllers. Many ebike riders are living in blissful ignorance, but when they bite the forbidden apple, they're doomed.

Reactions: esuark

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Any other benefit than throttle use when pedalling?
You can hang your takeaway carrier bag on it, which leaves your hands free for maximum control while you get home really quick when it gives max power all the time until you stop pedalling at the front of your house. That only works if you angle the lever upwards when you install it, otherwise the bag slips off and your takeway gets flattened by the following cars

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
You can hang your takeaway carrier bag on it, which leaves your hands free for maximum control while you get home really quick when it gives max power all the time until you stop pedalling at the front of your house. That only works if you angle the lever upwards when you install it, otherwise the bag slips off and your takeway gets flattened by the following cars

The ultimate biking horror - that is. The thought of my Chicken Bhuna getting splattered like that is almost traumatising. We are in PTSD territory there.

RollingChunder

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
I'll take that as a no :D

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
That's how I feel too. I found three things on an electric bike that once you've tried, there's no way back: 48v, hydraulic disc brakes and KT controllers. Many ebike riders are living in blissful ignorance, but when they bite the forbidden apple, they're doomed.
Not sure I could fit that to my 36v BSb01. It lists itself as 36v when I load up the settings via the serial cable. Would hate to fry the controller.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I reckon your ebike is as good as the donor bike is.
KT controllers give you more freedom to change settings but that's all it is.
You want a cetain amount of assistance? You may get there on different gear and assist level but as long as the controller gives you it, the difference stops.