36v battery with 48v motor

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Whenever these arrive from China, I'll assemble the Public Transport Ruination by Ebike Battery Fire Expulserating PreTerminator™®©℠!

Sorry to say there may be a video. Sadly, there may also be audio.

(Hope it isn't 79cm wide: Size: approx. 79*43*26mm )

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Unfortunately, over the past couple of years on various threads, poor forumites have been troubled by more previous versions than these:

View attachment 58997

View attachment 58996

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/home-ruination-by-ebike-battery-fire-expulserating-preterminator%E2%84%A2%C2%AE%C2%A9%E2%84%A0.46934/
What happens if there's a parked electric car outside your window? Would it catch fire, explode into a fireball and burn your house from the outside - and your batteryless bike outside leaning against the wall?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having had two controllers fail on my BBS01 I simply wouldn't touch a cadence mid motor again with a barge pole, from my experience with both motors the power delivery from the TSDZ2 is far better then the BBS01 and so much nicer to ride.
Like wise the ill fated GSMoon cadence mid motor was a even worse.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Having had two controllers fail on my BBS01 I simply wouldn't touch a cadence mid motor again with a barge pole, from my experience with both motors the power delivery from the TSDZ2 is far better then the BBS01 and so much nicer to ride.
I read that some of the early BBSxx motors blew their mosfets easily and they were upgraded to more beefy ones. Were your unfortunate failures early models perhaps?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
What happens if there's a parked electric car outside your window? Would it catch fire, explode into a fireball and burn your house from the outside - and your batteryless bike outside leaning against the wall?
Main thing is not to have it burst into the flames inside my house! I haven't had to fling the battery out of the window yet, but when I do, in the heat of the moment it can be flung a good distance away from that wall of my home because I charge on the first floor, and it's a big lawn with no cars nearby. Good job too - a chain reaction of electric parked EV battery fires could take out the city and increase potholes.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm glad I didn't buy one all those years ago, when BBS01 controllers were crap.

I read that some of the early BBSxx motors blew their mosfets easily and they were upgraded to more beefy ones. Were your unfortunate failures early models perhaps?
Legend has it Bafang took a cue from an ES member who uprated his.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost1951

Jieli Electric

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2024
36V battery on a 48V motor will not likely burn the motor or hardly do any harm, but the efficiency will be sacrificed. See voltage ratings on motors are not a fixed value, a 52V battery using on a 48V motor will 99% not hurt it too.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I like it when you guys talk about motors I have owned. The Q100H/AKM100H is quite a mighty little guy. in a 20" wheel. I've pulled over 150Kg with one in a front wheel. In my 20" folder with a rear wheel, because of the weight distribution, it has lifted the front wheel on a hard start, and will do so on a steep hill. .

I have the TSDZ2B on my wife's 26" bike with the OSF firmware in cadence mode. It's only 11A max, but my wife says it's effortless when going up our hills. It does feel quite strong. My own TSDZ2 is still in torque sense mode and is quite fun to ride on an old 10 speed Raleigh. It's probably the bike that makes it fun, not the motor, but it's quite nice,

I also have a BBS02B on a 26" beater bike. That bike pulls 25A max, but I ride it slow. The controller I have was set for limited current levels in each PAS level, but with no speed limits. Then it acts somewhat similar to a KT controller and has a decent pedal response. HAd mine for years,

Bafang or PSWpower apparently ships these motors today with speed limits in each PAS level. Very unnatural when the motor shuts off, and you have to slow down to get the power back or move to a higher PAS level, That gives cadence sensors a bad name,

• Agree
Reactions: Ghost1951