• Urban Mover

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

siggah5

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2008
Which make of electric bike(s) do you own or considering purchasing?
Hi all would just like to say after reading all the helpfull posts have decided and just received my firt e-bike (wisper se sport).It looks fantastic but unfortunately did'nt come with a manual . will post some more once i have tried the bike, but so far so good.After a long time wondering to go for the hienzmann,pro connect or the wisper, i decided to get the wisper here's hoping i made the right choice.I made this choice because of the throttle ability(i've got a gammy leg).Hope most people do'nt think i'm lazyas i'm only 31.Bye for now guys,hope my wee bike goes like the wind. regards Andy

Rad

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2008
Hey Andy, welcome to the forum. David Miall (Wisper's chief) is a regular on this board, he posts as Wisper Bikes. Look him up and drop him a Private Message. He might be able to sort out a manual for you.

PED-AL

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2008
Hello everyone - I am new here and have just bought a Powacycle Salisbury as my first electric bike. I read all the reviews and got totally confused as to which was the right machine for me. The Kalkhoff Agutta seemed to be the one to have but seemed a lot of money when I was not sure if I could get on with a bike in my physical condition. I am disabled in that I cannot walk very far without my back and leg pain increasing to an unacceptable level following numerous procedured to my spine and many plates and screws fitted to hold me together. My intention is to have a bike for myself and one for my wife to ride cycle tracks around the u/k to try and get some exercise. We intend to transport the bikes in a Ford galaxy to the chosen location and possibly have a weekend away B&B. If all goes well we would like to take the idea further and take them over the pond! Any advise and help that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated regarding getting a really comfortable riding cycle by either modifications or different machine to suit me should this one be the wrong one. Thanks - Allan (PED-AL)

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Hello everyone - I am new here and have just bought a Powacycle Salisbury as my first electric bike. I read all the reviews and got totally confused as to which was the right machine for me. The Kalkhoff Agutta seemed to be the one to have but seemed a lot of money when I was not sure if I could get on with a bike in my physical condition. I am disabled in that I cannot walk very far without my back and leg pain increasing to an unacceptable level following numerous procedured to my spine and many plates and screws fitted to hold me together. My intention is to have a bike for myself and one for my wife to ride cycle tracks around the u/k to try and get some exercise. We intend to transport the bikes in a Ford galaxy to the chosen location and possibly have a weekend away B&B. If all goes well we would like to take the idea further and take them over the pond! Any advise and help that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated regarding getting a really comfortable riding cycle by either modifications or different machine to suit me should this one be the wrong one. Thanks - Allan (PED-AL)
Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get on well with your chosen steed! I think from what you say you may have been sensible to avoid the Kalkhoff's. Not because there is anything wrong with them, but if as you say you have a significant disability you may find the need to continuously pedal a problem. Hub motored bikes with a throttle will give you the ability to have a 'rest' by using the throttle if you get very sore or tired, at least on the flat they will. If you have movement restrictions a step through may be easier to cope with, but you don't specify in your post.
The Powacycle bikes are generally recognised as very good value and are better supported in the high streets than most, but if they have one failing it is that the motor is one of the lower powered ones on the market. Still, they have a good range, batteries are relatively cheap to replace and dependent on your local terrain and mileage they may be well up to the job for you. Probably not the best for Glencoe, mind....:eek:
Stll, look forward to hearing how you get on.

Cheers, Phil

Last edited:

loubyloo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 29, 2008
York
Multi Bike

Hi there everyone
My day to day bike is a Giant Suede Great Bike very pleased with it Just has some charging issues but generally very good despite the daily grind I put it through.:)
I also have an Eco-bike which has been away being repaired for 11 months ( a buckled front wheel) :mad: :
prior to that I had a sukura s200 which was great fun but fell apart within a year :eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Enjoy Watkin5!

Is there any chance of Wisper having it's own thingy? We don't mind if we are at a disadvantage!

All the best David
Trouble is that your brand is a high proportion of the 121 "others" David, and since members can't vote twice, you'll have very poor and unfair representation against the Wisper name. Russ is aware of problems like this and is trying to find the time for redesign work on the site.

watkin5

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Bucks
Vote for new Poll

Trouble is that your brand is a high proportion of the 121 "others" David, and since members can't vote twice, you'll have very poor and unfair representation against the Wisper name.
Poor and unfair is better than nowt. "25th October 2006, 15:12" is so last year.
IMHO it would be sensible to start a new thread with a link back to here. This is a vibrant forum, the significant information to quickly pass to a new poll.
Russ is aware of problems like this and is trying to find the time for redesign work on the site.
Please can we at least link to avatar image.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Unfair

Trouble is that your brand is a high proportion of the 121 "others" David, and since members can't vote twice, you'll have very poor and unfair representation against the Wisper name. Russ is aware of problems like this and is trying to find the time for redesign work on the site.
Hi Flecc

I do understand the position and have read the whole thread, however I really wouldn't mind. Especially if there was a note with the date I joined. If we wanted to take this to the extreme the numbers could simply be divided by the number of months brands have been on the list etc.

Something needs to be done as new manufacturers join the industry.

All the best David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've passed this subject to Russ.

The representation on this poll is very poor anyway, out of 1944 members only 345 have entered a bike make, just 18%.

There's a fundamental problem in that members can only make one entry to prevent anyone multiple entering to distort the results. That makes it impossible for anyone to enter the different brands they own, many of us owning more than one. That also doesn't allow members to change the brand when they change bikes, removing the old one and entering the new. The proportion of members changing brands is quite high.

It might be best to have a new blank start every year for active members to re-enter, with the ability to enter more than one make at that time for owners of different brands. Each previous years results could be archived and available to view.

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

the inbuilt poll facility in vBulletin isn't that great so I am looking at some new polling software. We did try another product a while back but we had problems with it and the developer wasn't much help so it kind of went on the backburner.

I've almost finished another site I am working on and this one is next for a complete overhaul and polls will be a part of that.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Wisper 905SE and 705SE

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Kalkhoff Pro Connect, Kalkhoff Agattu and an eZee Cadence. There's a venerable but much-loved Honda Step Compo in storage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers