Taxi changes direction at traffic lights

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Darn...CeXy indeed... MSI Mech OC - Fully working, miner dust on the fans, slight scratch on the plastic shroud, one heavy buoy, my mobo does not have a reinforced PCIe slot but it holds well but I will be monitoring that for sure. Early testing, not loving the Adrenalin software though early days but something to do with Overscan because of my TV, however heaven benchmark dx11 runs ultra anti-aliasing x4 runs @ 58fps 1080p 20+fps with higher settings than the 960 even OC's - ironically it was the one pictured
20230124_132817.jpg

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
what's the clarity like in day light & what FPS?
Sorry for the delay - it's been too cold for my circulation to cycle of late... but here's a short vid shot on full auto with Hypersmooth on, during a train strike when public transport wasn't. 1080P 60fps. Converted, with resulting loss of quality, uploaded and even more quality squeezed out by Youtubes conversion. Even some cyclists are staying away from my new forcefield AKA GuerneySiderating Illumimaker™ lol. The flashing ahead is one of my 1800LM headlights, flashing. Often camera makers fake videos using Panasonic GH5s on gimbals. Plates are more legible in the original video, and would be more so if I set ISO to auto and shutter to about 1/240th of a second - seems to me quite a lot of drivers clean the rest of their vehicle's exterior, but leave the back and both number plates intentionally dirty.

This is the only path I dare use: new, longish, completely flat and blue. As I'm used to road cycling, I make an error near the end.

ironically it was the one pictured
Fantastic! You must have thoroughly tested by now, how'd it go? Is it a keeper?

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Nice to film a journey, but this seems more like an obsession about how close X car was. TBH you cant live life in a panic. Cars pass close, because the roads are tight. Worry about what might happen isnt going to improve life any.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: flecc and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Nice to film a journey, but this seems more like an obsession about how close X car was. TBH you cant live life in a panic. Cars pass close, because the roads are tight. Worry about what might happen isnt going to improve life any.
Getting injured by big metal boxes and walls with wheels isn't fun. The vast majority of cars allow enough space, the few that don't when they clearly have enough room to do so, this seems to take care of for the most part (so far).

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Ive been riding long enough in commute, etc etc and cars pass close all the time. Most roads might be 2 lane, but with parked cars thats narrowed and a car can pass a bike without having to cross the white line.

Cars pass other cars just as close. is that a prob ? no. trucks, buses etc pass each other close and thats not a problem either.
If it frightens you find a new mode of transport.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Cars pass other cars just as close. is that a prob ? no. trucks, buses etc pass each other close and thats not a problem either.
We're much more affected by the aerodynamics of close passing cars, trucks and buses, than cars, trucks and buses are.

If it frightens you find a new mode of transport.
I've been hit by cars twice, how about you? I enjoy the cycling part. Getting hit? Not so much.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Is it a keeper?
As expected it puts the 960 very far down in graphical abilities, tbf I didn't think it would improve the graphics as much as it does & I have only tested one modern game they are getting over 100GB so a 240GB SSD only fits 2 games and one of those is DX9 Far Cry3, think about migrating the 480GB SSD over from lappy but it means opening the old lappy keyboard first again and the return of the clone. Still having scaling issues but a quick setting every boot sorts it although a tad annoying nothing seems to work fixing it, something to do with the TV being old.

AKA GuerneySiderating Illumimaker™
Smooth indeed, not bad vid compression high enough quality, digging the name!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Vehicles, should wait to pass cyclists if there is insufficient room to pass at distance, according to the highway code. Vehicles are also allowed to cross the white line to pass cyclists as long as the white lines is not solid & it is safe to do so, otherwise, they should wait till it is safe. These basic principles are taught to every driver, if the police see an unsafe overtake then the driver can be prosecuted for careless, dangerous or driving without due care. This is not mentioning the human factor, if someone is killed by a mistake that individual has to live with that for the rest of their life, some end up committing suicide.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Smooth indeed
Doesn't have horizon lock - that's thousands of pounds extra or something

digging the name!
It's a jokey name, but works seriously well - it might even work as well as @WheezyRider 's cool 3D printed solution:

I hate getting injured by cars - my right knee hasn't been the same since the last time.

Still having scaling issues but a quick setting every boot sorts it although a tad annoying nothing seems to work fixing it, something to do with the TV being old.
Even on new TVs and monitors, scaling can be a mare sometimes with HDMI. Fiddling about with different scanning rates within the AMD utility, back and forth from lower to normal 60Hz (most can handle 60Hz), auto detect togglings on and off, setting the make and model of the TV manually, not using sound over HDMI, fiddling about with Window's display settings aswell, when no amount of AMD utility fiddling helps... some combination of all can yield a lasting result. Also check if your TV has a downloadable driver? Usually bundles with an ICC colour profile, whch of course makes colours look more correct. Also check that your TV is using set to the right aspect ratio, and/or is using the full panel. Sometimes the answer is a VGA cable.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I ordered one last week, then decided I couldn't go through with it... and ordered four Western Digital Blacks to mirror RAID in hardware instead: one pair for OS and programs mostly, and the other pair for data. That data loss the other week won't happen again, unless I'm burgled.

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
VGA cable.
The good old days, I don't think the TV has a diver but I will see. Nvidia control panel allowed for easy scaling with graphic arrows & never an issue, AMD adrenaline is a % slider with a tick option. It actually scales perfect but for some unknown reason it will not keep the setting, I reinstalled everything yesterday and today the scale saved & worked perfectly however windows is on 720p res but the TV states 1080p, but it looks 720p. I think AMD RSR or FSR has something to do with it although I can't use the function and it is off, I think it tries for desktop viewing. Might re-save the pennies and go 3060 ti back to team green.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The good old days, I don't think the TV has a diver but I will see. Nvidia control panel allowed for easy scaling with graphic arrows & never an issue, AMD adrenaline is a % slider with a tick option. It actually scales perfect but for some unknown reason it will not keep the setting, I reinstalled everything yesterday and today the scale saved & worked perfectly however windows is on 720p res but the TV states 1080p, but it looks 720p. I think AMD RSR or FSR has something to do with it although I can't use the function and it is off, I think it tries for desktop viewing. Might re-save the pennies and go 3060 ti back to team green.
If you've used their driver removal tool, removed all drivers (manually? sometimes that helps, does search and destroy), reinstalled, checked the "use Extended Display Identification Data" option box, tried forcing modes via any buttons in the AMD software, tried selecting a driver for a similar TV in Windows display settings... you might be out of luck - but at least you received a much faster card at a low price which works once resolution is set, and in good nick, apart from the small nick.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
if someone is killed by a mistake that individual has to live with that for the rest of their life, some end up committing suicide.
Just need to drill two holes

• Agree

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I've been hit by cars twice, how about you?
Sideswiped were you ?. of was it a junction affair, that I would think make up the vast majority of cycling accidents.

Only one accident(touch wood) in 30 years, and that was a car door on a tight road where i rode too close to the parked cars. Partially my own fault.
I ride close to traffic , like many here i imagine, on a daily basis. Cars dont bother me because most are doing 30 or under.

By scariest experiences are from touring, in rural roads where they pass you doing 80-90mh. Sure they give you a very wide berth, but having a vehicle pass you at that speed when you dont hear it coming and thew first you know is when it blasts past is quite a startling experience. At least at first, but you get used to that.
30mph and under on a town road is nothing in comparison.

What im saying really is people are flying off the handle and screaming at cars, because they think they've been put in danger when in reality they havent.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and PC2017

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
scaling issues
Clean uninstall, manual deletion of all AMD card drivers, disconnect the internet, restart, disable anti-virus and firewall, reinstall? AV and firewall interfered with my driver update earlier today - Nvidia reported driver update failure, AMD's util might not be as chatty?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Clean uninstall
Possibly looking at near future, windows clean however that would mess up my "hacked" xbox 360 "cloned" wireless receiver as the drivers are hit n miss whether on not it picks up the official xbox 360 controller if I start over. When I got the MSI mech I did a safe mode DDU no internet however I didn't do the firewall AV. I then tried the windows update driver install but quickly realised that was a bad idea. Scaling reverted yesterday when I sleeped but hey I am starting to feel it's all part of the AMD user experience, I am team RED now I must obey & never speak of bugs. Maybe a win/driver update in the near future may solve it, there's thread after thread of ppl moaning that the latest update messed with there rig and vice versa.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Its always been a problem of inexperienced cyclists thinking they can filter up the inside at lights ,going around buses or even artics.
They think theres a space or the truck is going to go straight on but unfortunately trucks need to first move well forward then swing around because of their length.
Poor girl ,only 22.:(
Are you blaming the cyclist?

What im saying really is people are flying off the handle and screaming at cars, because they think they've been put in danger when in reality they havent.
I suppose this was my fault again. This time for cycling at night, which I have to do sometimes. Try criticising driver behaviour instead? There's a lot more to criticise. You've mentioned being a bit depressed at least twice -

im being extremely lazy these days, I reckon its some sort of depression.
Helping someone is the best route out. Help out to cheer up?

Last edited:

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Vehicles, should wait to pass cyclists if there is insufficient room to pass at distance, according to the highway code. Vehicles are also allowed to cross the white line to pass cyclists as long as the white lines is not solid & it is safe to do so, otherwise, they should wait till it is safe. These basic principles are taught to every driver, if the police see an unsafe overtake then the driver can be prosecuted for careless, dangerous or driving without due care. This is not mentioning the human factor, if someone is killed by a mistake that individual has to live with that for the rest of their life, some end up committing suicide.
Not just drivers -

• Informative

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Not just drivers -
Aye it goes without saying.

I believe we are hardwired in reacting to other road users, swearing and criticising, whether it stems from observed behaviour as infants, a pathological reasoning that ones self is perfect and can cause no faults even when we do actively recognise our own folly, or the inability to actually predetermine hazards & apply logical reasoning with modified behaviour to change outcomes and make situation a non-event by our own actions.

I have not looked into advanced driving but I think, making choices well in advance of, by reducing speed & increasing observations of others would be along the lines of techniques taught.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney