Swytch mark 2 battery rebuild

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
I think on reflection, I would like to fit a good quality 10 A.H. pannier battery fitted to the rear carrier, remove completely the swytch kit, and fit a display to the controller, on the handlebars and a throttle, change the controller to one that can support the motor, display, PAS and throttle. I don't mind fitting the battery to the down tube as long as the endurance is 10 A.H. which ever option is best.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
9 pins is a hall sensored motor .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes a dual voltage 36/48v KT with a comaptible display, best place to buy is topbike kit , their aliexp store or other sellers on there. One can look at the 6 mosfet 15, 17 or 20a ones or as I prefer the slightly larger 9 mosfet 22a controllers. One can if need be reduce the max current via the display & C5 setting.

One can select wp connectors or the SM block type which makes fault finding a doddle. One can fault find with wp connectors though you have to make bespoke Y leads to do so.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Yes a dual voltage 36/48v KT with a comaptible display, best place to buy is topbike kit , their aliexp store or other sellers on there.
I bought a conversion kit from TopBikeKit for my lightweight Brompton uses a KT controller and LCD4 display.

The motor wheel from my Swytch kit is directly interchangeable with the motor wheel from TopBikeKit.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
One can select wp connectors or the SM block type which makes fault finding a doddle. One can fault find with wp connectors though you have to make bespoke Y leads to do so.
fwiw the snipped off leg of a resistor or capacitor can be used to probe the female sockets of WP julet connectors. and female dupont jumper wire terminators can fit over the male prongs in plugs but may need LIGHT finger pressure to maintain contact but not too much as to bend pins.

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Great stuff, thanks for all the good info,I now know what controller to buy thanks to you guys, next the battery, I think a 10 A.H, good quality downtube battery would be best for me, any recommendations ?? I was looking at this item Silver Fish Ebike Battery 36V 10Ah 15Ah 24V 15Ah 17.5Ah 18650 36V Battery Pack for Bafang 500W 350W 250W 180W Electric Bike on Aliexpress but I just don't know what quality it is .

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can buy silver fish on ebay , I doubt prices will differ much.
Aliexp dosen't add vat unti final checkout then one sees the true price inc the delivery, some sellers may have the cells etc in the specs if you scroll down the page .
Generally they will be capabale mediocre cells that will do the job, Samsung, lg etc likely may be used unless china cells are stated.

Post a link to any battery for us to see.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There is no info or specs at all that I could see, worth looking on ebay as well.
Typically as mentioned they are for special frames with the battery vertical behind the seat tube , typically freego bikes and some folders.

dave-electric

Just Joined
Aug 24, 2024
I have designed a solution to allow an external 36V battery to be fitted in place of a failed (or poor capacity) Swytch battery. It's a 3D printed housing for the controller and UI pad, which fits onto the handlebar connector. I sell it on eBay...
It replaces the bulky 'handbag' with a more compact solution, that securely presents the controls to the rider. Other than running wires to a new battery and the battery itself, all necessary parts are included...

Attachments

Reactions: Woosh