story of Today's Ride. Puncture in Punctureproof tyres. Heart Rate. Huawei smart watch cycling app.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Maybe I have micro-clots, which are a known long-term complication of Covid.
It could also be that you have a clot somewhere that was not scanned.

Are you on some anti-clot medicine?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You're all so kind. Unfortunately I will die. the only question is when. I got checked out by the GP. She was fairly happy with the results she got from her checks, but as a precaution, she's arranged blood test, chest X-ray and ECG.
Good to hear you're being checked out by professionals.

I still don't understand why you selected the harder to pedal torque sensored Tongsheng TSDZ2. Is your motor a TSDZ2? Hard to tell what your motor is, TSDZ02? TSDZ2B? If TSDZ2, perhaps you could look into going the OSF route, to make your cycling easier?

If it must be a mid-drive for whatever mysterious purpose your bike is for, considering your health concerns: an easy to pedal a cadence sensored 36V BBS01B set to 720W using a programming cable seems a safer choice. Some people hate Bafang mid-drive high cadence. I got used to it, being a fast twiddling style pedaller from the 80's racing bike days.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Good to hear you're being checked out by professionals.

I still don't understand why you selected the harder to pedal torque sensored Tongsheng TSDZ2. Is your motor a TSDZ2? Hard to tell what your motor is, TSDZ02? TSDZ2B? If TSDZ2, perhaps you could look into going the OSF route, to make your cycling easier?

If it must be a mid-drive for whatever mysterious purpose your bike is for, considering your health concerns: an easy to pedal a cadence sensored 36V BBS01B set to 720W using a programming cable seems a safer choice. Some people hate Bafang mid-drive high cadence. I got used to it, being a fast twiddling style pedaller from the 80's racing bike days.
I chose the TSDZ2 because I have a trailer that fits to a QR skewer. Also, I expect to be climbing real mountains whilst towing. I think it'll be OK when I get back to full health. I have my hub-motor bike for normal riding.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Guess what? I came to the hospital clinic to get some drugs or something. Now they've admitted me and I've got no stuff. If only they'd told me first. Sounds like I'm going to get some serious drugs that they need to keep an eye on. I've no idea how long I'm going to be here. I hope they're not planning to bump me off.
Best wishes mate.

Reactions: saneagle

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I expect to be climbing real mountains whilst towing.
Install @Nealh's copper heatsink mod? I can't find a pic. There may be silicone and gunge involved, unsure.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I chose the TSDZ2 because I have a trailer that fits to a QR skewer. Also, I expect to be climbing real mountains whilst towing. I think it'll be OK when I get back to full health. I have my hub-motor bike for normal riding.
Where will you be going touring and when?

Exciting reports expected.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Ghost1951

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I thought he'd already done the 'enlightenment' thing.
As for Shangri-La, I've been there and these days it is not all it's cracked up to be . Too many Irish bars and roughians. I prefer the Auvergne myself.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Good news. I went out for a short hilly ride today, pedalled moderately hard, and my heartbeat hardly went over 120. Maybe the emergency blood thinners helped or the covid has retreated further. I don't care either way, I'm still getting better every day - only the gall stones to sort and now, and I guess someone still needs to answer why my D-dimer was 20 times what it is supposed to be. It's just the weather that's bothering me now.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Related Articles

Advertisers