Scavenging escooter found apparently dead to make batteries?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Bikes don't have to have pedals as leg amputees or paralysed users can use and ride hand cycles, that early stick propelled trike being so.
The main thing though is the vehicle driven is propelled by human power even if it is an assisted powered bike.
Wow, it'd take next to no effort to propel a BBS01B powered armapedelec. If one has the right gears, hill starts wouldn't be an unsurmountable problem either, with Arnie-style arm building training.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Even if ambiguous no court would prosecute a amputee or paralysed rider for having e assist on a hand cycle.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Even if ambiguous no court would prosecute a amputee or paralysed rider for having e assist on a hand cycle.
That frame is steel, the whole thing must weigh a lot - maybe a bbshd then? Things might be different if he/she crushed someone with that comfy but very heavy looking armchair on wheels.

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
(So some kid is riding along on the scooter - battery dies , kid runs home crying to mum , dad comes in the car to collect ,only to find is gone , passer by says “guy on a e bike ‘n trailer full of pumpkins took it” - so of you get cut up whilst riding you’ll know it’s the kids dad :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
(So some kid is riding along on the scooter - battery dies , kid runs home crying to mum , dad comes in the car to collect ,only to find is gone , passer by says “guy on a e bike ‘n trailer full of pumpkins took it” - so of you get cut up whilst riding you’ll know it’s the kids dad :D
Crumbs :oops: Maybe I should repair it and put it back? (If it's broken)

I would never have come across this scooter if my hindsight hadn't suddenly become 10/20 (my right Zefal Cyclop end mirror had fallen off 10 minutes before) and I hadn't turned left to ride along the pavement next to a big park (on pavement because I didn't fancy using the road without my right mirror, it's funny how one becomes reliant on them), and there it was missing it's seatpost on the grass verge next to the kerb, on a Monday morning when in my area, bins get collected and people leave stuff outside their homes for the scrap guys, who drive around annoying everyone for miles around forcefully sputtering out their negligible musical talent through old trumpets. There's a big industrial estate opposite the park, no houses for at least half a mile in either direction, it was situated a few yards away from a bus stop, and the scoooter had been rained on. Perhaps the dad decided to move it near the bus stop on his way to work, in case the scrap guys didn't take it? I'll never know what this scooter's story is, but it doesn't matter because now that I've disabled it's GPS tracker, I'm going to break it into untraceable parts to fill a shipping container bound for Nigeria and sell it all for millions of whatever the currency is there...

Snitches get stitches ;)

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This guy seems to have success fixing scooters economically?:)
So that button is a fuse reset? Was wondering what it was for. Thanks for posting that video. These deathtraps are surprisingly cheap to buy second hand, I can see why so many people use them - starting at just £55. By the time they're sold to Cex, their batteries are probably well shagged out.

Reactions: Bikes4two

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Almost exactly the same escooter, apart from the seatpost mount which this lacks.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Phaserunner, on a better scooter:

2500W

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Seems this dangerous trash escooter was available for about £37, 6 years ago.

The batteries will be powering water pumps in my rather faraway garden, trickle charged by a small solar panel.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There's a small box containing both BMS and controller I guess... I can open it up if anyone's interested. Otherwise I'll try and find a use for these 12V batteries in my garden shed to power lights or something else, if they're not dodos.
Lead batteries don't have BMSs. It's a brushed motor controller.

Hand version of pedelec would be manelec, not armapedelec.

Advertisers