PSWPOWER - DO NOT USE THEM

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Look forward to seeing pictures and an account of your conversion. Hope it goes well.
Interestingly I thought.
Products can't be marked delivered unless the GPS device they use is close to your house.
That's if they bother to mark parcel as delivered however, they have to if that if they want to get paid.
Makes me wonder why they don't mark parcels as delivered sometimes?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
That's not PSWPower fault. It was opened at customs check and not put back properly.
Yep, Customs o_O
I've had a few pallets sent from UK to Europe, all arrived ok apart from 1 ( a large box on a pallet, with a fire extinguisher on the pallet alongside the box, all shrink-wrapped professionally to secure it).
When it got to me the bottom of the shrinkwrap had been torn open and the fire extinguisher was lying unsecured on the pallet.

I spoke to the chap who sent it and he emailed me photos confirming it was properly wrapped when it left him.
It's another case where customs have ripped it open, stuffed things back without securing them and sent it on it's way :(

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
count yourselves lucky. One time, they lost my shipment in their warehouse for two weeks. I got charged about £1,000 in bonded warehouse rentals.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
That's not PSWPower fault. It was opened at customs check and not put back properly.
As a small business I BUY boxes for the FILM processing units I sell and for the darkroom film dryers.

THAT is a crap cheap single wall corrugated box, not intended for out of country postage, even in country that would be garbage.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Even though I didn't buy battery from PSW I have just gone through the rigmarole of having to use PayPal for a Ali-express ‘original Samsung 30ah 48v battery‘ that after being delivered in a plan brown box, turn out to be a ‘who knows 16ah‘ after testing. At least it was 48v.
Paypal made me jump through hoops, even asking for a letter from the post office refusing to allow postage. (I had uploaded photos of every conceivable couriers web pages refusing to take a e-bike battery’s.)
Then suddenly they paid out after two weeks of emails and phone calls.
Ali-express seem to freeze the transaction as soon as i contacted PayPal, even though they refused to help, just giving me a address to somewhere in the uk that when I checked on google earth was in the middle of a industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. Lesson learned only buy small items of no great value fro All-express.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Just gone through the rigmarole of having to use PayPal for a Ali-express ‘original Samsung 30ah 48v battery‘ that after being delivered in a plan brown box, turn out to be a ‘who knows 16ah‘ after testing. At least it was 48v.
Paypal made me jump through hoops, even asking for a letter from the post office refusing to allow postage. (I had uploaded photos of every conceivable couriers web pages refusing to take a e-bike battery’s.)
Then suddenly they paid out after two weeks of emails and phone calls.
Ali-express seem to freeze the transaction as soon as i contacted PayPal, even though they refused to help, just giving me a address to somewhere in the uk that when I checked on google earth was in the middle of a industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. Lesson learned only buy small items of no great value fro All-express.
Aliexpress have their own system of complaints/refunds that works pretty well if you use it rather than bother with Paypal. It's a bit repetitive , though. You have to go through a loop three times before they pay out.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Sorry your right, it was just the mention of Aliexpress and the problems we seem to have getting refunds when things go wrong.
Just to clarify... have you bought a battery on Aliexpress from PSW? I have never seen 48V 30Ah battery in their offer.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Just to clarify... have you bought a battery on Aliexpress from PSW? I have never seen 48V 30Ah battery in their offer.
[/QUOTE]
No sorry not PSW, I regret leaving the comment as it was off topic. Just Ignore me…..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
No sorry not PSW, I regret leaving the comment as it was off topic. Just Ignore me…..
Don't worry.
You can edit your first post and add "I didn't buy battery from PSW" or something like that for clarity.

Why would you need 30Ah battery if you don't mind me asking? It must be massive.

BTW full refund after two weeks is something you should be happy about. Try to get money back from Sports Direct or Evans Cycles and you will see ;)

Last edited:

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
No problem I have changed as suggested.
I actually bought two of these,

We live in north wales in Snowdonia very hilly and mountainous. So to go out for the day with a 10-15ah doesn‘t last. We didn’t go with the cheapest or the most expensive, but as they were offering Samsung cells we thought for the price it would be ok. We even messaged them first and they reassured us. Also we thought with the way li-ons deteriorate over a few years we will still be ok in 4 or 5 years. Plus there wasn’t much difference in price, which in hindsight should have been a warning.
Now we don’t know where to source from as we are worried it could happen again.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
there wasn’t much difference in price, which in hindsight should have been a warning.
Yes... 60Ah only £300 and same size as 20Ah? I wish it was possible.

Now we don’t know where to source from as we are worried it could happen again.
Unfortunately it is not easy to buy a battery and it will only get worse. I am very pleased with mine. I hope it will last a while.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
I have noticed that the price do change a lot as well. I thought we would give it a try as I can’t seem to get any locally.
Do you mind saying where you managed to find a good one? We use them so much around here I don’t mind paying a bit more. Maybe even replacing the pack inside?
Building your own seems dangerous unless you know how to do it properly. YouTube makes it look so easy, but it’s not something I would feel safe enough by myself. Thanks for any help you can give.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I have noticed that the price do change a lot as well. I thought we would give it a try as I can’t seem to get any locally.
Do you mind saying where you managed to find a good one? We use them so much around here I don’t mind paying a bit more. Maybe even replacing the pack inside?
Building your own seems dangerous unless you know how to do it properly. YouTube makes it look so easy, but it’s not something I would feel safe enough by myself. Thanks for any help you can give.
I bought 48V 17.5Ah Samsung battery from PSW (shipped from Germany). Paid around £240 if I remember well. There were some problems - they sent me wrong battery and I had to wait a month for right one, but it was worth to wait. It can keep my bike going for entire day.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Thanks, that sounds like what I am looking for, maybe at least 20ah. Just had a Quick Look, do you think the packs inside would be interchangeable with my silverfish style so I could swap them over? As long as they send me the right one that is…….

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Thanks, that sounds like what I am looking for, maybe at least 20ah. Just had a Quick Look, do you think the packs inside would be interchangeable with my silverfish style so I could swap them over? As long as they send me the right one that is…….
If I were you I wouldn't consider opening batteries. I would rather check if there is space to mount hailong battery instead.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Get your batteries from Greenlance. They're an excellent UK supplier. The price is good and so are the batteries. I have two from them. They're service is really good too. Make sure that you use whatever code they offer to get an additional 10% off.

That Aliexpress listing is totally wrong. They show one size case and mention 13S5P, but there's no way all the configurations will fit in that case. The most you can get fro 13S5P is about 16Ah.

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Get your batteries from Greenlance. They're an excellent UK supplier. The price is good and so are the batteries. I have two from them. They're service is really good too. Make sure that you use whatever code they offer to get an additional 10% off.

That Aliexpress listing is totally wrong. They show one size case and mention 13S5P, but there's no way all the configurations will fit in that case. The most you can get fro 13S5P is about 16Ah.
Thanks, just tried and at the moment the silverfish style 48v 20ah is out of stock but looks promising. I’ve signed up and will keep trying, Thanks again.