Prices of the electricity we use to charge

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
In the heirachy of polluted water, it goes: water, dirty water, water with phosphate in it, stinky and dirty water, polluted water, highly poluted water, The River Thames, The River Cam, the sewer from my house the morning after I went out for a curry.
Was it the Cam where fish were devastated by certain substances that festival goers had been p..ing into the river?
And other substances that might be in it..
Sometimes the fish are so high they swim Above the water! :)
(Of course any suggestion that hormones from 'the pill' might also affect drinking water etc, etc... ;-) )

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
His book about a blaze so hot it vaporised concrete and turned a Canadian city to ash has just won the Baillie Gifford prize. John Vaillant explains why the world we think we live in no longer exists
Then maybe read about towns that were burnt down to ashes while trees and Tarmac did Not!

"Paradise's (California) recovery had a lot stacked against it from the beginning due to its largely elderly and low-income population. Many were Forced to Leave in Search of Affordable Housing."

Then a town where all the aluminium and glass in cars melted but Tarmac, trees, and posh buildings did Not.
Ooerr, w I l d fire enough?

Lahaina, Hawaii:
"Beneficiaries who take part in the program will have to waive their right to "bring legal action related to associated claims," Green said in a statement."
Suspicious, yet?.
Bear in mind hawaiians had won a decades long case over land rights that was to pay out in September, just After the "wildfire" in August.
Smells to high heaven?

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Reactions: Woosh

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
i
I don't think that can be correct - although I do think 2023 will be a record - this from a source I trust at the end of October

Edited to add - it isn't correct - Bill McKibben is referencing some weird hybrid data set from Eliot Jacobson that looks nothing like any of the other surface or lower troposphere data sets, which all have a remarkable degree of agreement

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Even more ridiculous price increases than was thought possible!
Offshore wind 66% up..
Floating Offshore 52%..
Geothermal 32%..
solar 32%..
and tidal 29%
Up 6 times higher than long term market averages. :-(

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
i
I don't think that can be correct - although I do think 2023 will be a record - this from a source I trust at the end of October

Edited to add - it isn't correct - Bill McKibben is referencing some weird hybrid data set from Eliot Jacobson that looks nothing like any of the other surface or lower troposphere data sets, which all have a remarkable degree of agreement

View attachment 55174
The stratoshere has warmed up even more because the sun is closer at the moment. We are just around the peak, so you should start to see the temperature going down again in the next 10 years. Within the next 40 years, there's a very high probability of a catastrophic volcanic event, which has consistently happened throughout history at this time of the cycle. The event will cause at least 12 months of darkness and destroy most of the plant life on the planet, so climate change will no longer be top of the agenda.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Screenshot_20231120-210319_Chrome.jpg
"Polluter pays" isn't it?
Right, 66% tax for the 1%, no "Allowances", no "Trust funds" (Cameron, that means you!), and no fake "it's made by my company, in another tax haven":)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20231122_020732[1].jpg

Reactions: thelarkbox

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
There are unfortunately plans to relocate that line to pass through the local village instead.
Put one of these on your Christmas list:
and some of these:

Reactions: Woosh