Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Coolest summer in UK since 2015 - especially in the north -.

Funny how whenever we had a really hot day in other summers, or a warm spell, the media were shouting about how the planet was burning up, but they are not talking much about this situation.

I am not denying that there is a general warming trend, but I am very much against the hysterical headlines we constantly see when the weather is a bit on the warm side.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Rolls Royce are keen, but probably for government money and backing again. Fat chance, they've twice lost us money before and we've more important things to spend money on.
Rolls Royce have built some of the best and most efficient high bypass turbofan engines in the world with an installed product base of more than 4,860 engines powering 4 out of 5 of the new generation widebody aircraft.flying around the planet. RR made a pre-tax profit of about £1.4Bn in 2023.

The map here shows flights large commercial aircraft currently in the air at 2047 GMT on 2nd Sept

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Rolls Royce have built some of the best and most efficient large fan bypass engines in the world with an installed product base of more than 4,860 engines powering 4 out of 5 of the new generation widebody aircraft.flying around the planet. RR made a pre-tax profit of about £1.4Bn in 2023.

The map here shows flights large commercial aircraft currently in the air at 2047 GMT on 2nd Sept
View attachment 59641
I'm well aware of that, but I was posting about their past activities in a different division which led to the company being split into two, the split off one no longer existing.

Nuclear reactor engineering is likely to be a very separate operation with plenty of opportunities to lose money again, as other researches into SMRs has shown.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I'm well aware of that, but I was posting about their past activities in a different division which led to the company being split into two, the split off one no longer existing.

Nuclear reactor engineering is likely to be a very separate operation with plenty of opportunities to lose money again, as other researches into SMRs has shown.
I think RR already supply small nuclear reactors to the RN for our submarines and perhaps also some of the large RN ships. They have a lot of nuclear engineers.

Also - they are one of the bidders for the government's plan to produce small reactors.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think RR already supply small nuclear reactors to the RN for our submarines and perhaps also some of the large RN ships. They have a lot of nuclear engineers.

Also - they are one of the bidders for the government's plan to produce small reactors.
RR have a chance but as flecc said, plenty of opportunities to lose money. Just look at NuScale.
China's effort in SMR is different. They have large internal market, export exprerience, manpower and political backing. Their Hualong1 SMR is already running. The fundamental problem with SMRs is cost per kwh. At present, more than £1500/khW. It can't compete against other ways of making electricity.

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
RR have a chance but as flecc said, plenty of opportunities to lose money. Just look at NuScale.
China's effort in SMR is different. They have large internal market, export exprerience, manpower and political backing. Their Hualong1 SMR is already running. The fundamental problem with SMRs is cost per kwh. At present, more than £1500/khW. It can't compete against other ways of making electricity.
I suppose it maybe depends on whether we are content to just put up our hands and surrender all manufacturing to China, including strategic capability. China could become less friendly at any time. Are we really going to do that?

We are already well on the way to being a vassal state, and we have done it to ourselves.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Surging Belief in Alien Visitors Is Becoming a Serious Problem For Our Society

Is this just a feature of the Bell Curve and the fact that about twenty percent of people are very dim?

Intellectual ability distribution in the human population.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I suppose it maybe depends on whether we are content to just put up our hands and surrender all manufacturing to China, including strategic capability. China could become less friendly at any time. Are we really going to do that?

We are already well on the way to being a vassal state, and we have done it to ourselves.
China is already less friendly since we removed huawei 5g from our mobile network. Our chance of success in making smr our own is very small and we have already approved chinese hualong smr.

• Agree

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Surging Belief in Alien Visitors Is Becoming a Serious Problem For Our Society

Is this just a feature of the Bell Curve and the fact that about twenty percent of people are very dim?

Intellectual ability distribution in the human population.

View attachment 59643
It's a combination of that and the BBC and MSM keep recycling old videos from 20 years ago of things that they say nobody, including the military experts, can explain, even though all those videos have been completely debunked. They're trying to spin a narrative, probably because Project Bluebeam is still on the back-burner, just waiting for its chance.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
It's a combination of that and the BBC and MSM keep recycling old videos from 20 years ago of things that they say nobody, including the military experts, can explain, even though all those videos have been completely debunked. They're trying to spin a narrative, probably because Project Bluebeam is still on the back-burner, just waiting for its chance.
The idea that governments or a cabal of governments and billionaires would be able to keep secret a dastardly plot is one for the birds in my view. If there ever was such a conspiracy, if they had even talked about it, it would have escaped immediately - especially if any of it happened here in Britain where government workers nd civil service bods are UTTERLY disloyal and self serving.

You might get away with that in China, but not here.

Just look at Party Gate..... It only took a bit of stupid exuberance and carelessness of the rules for civil servants and spads to send photos of various indiscretions to the newspapers and in short order a government with an eighty seat majority was toppled.

No one - especially not in the UK can keep anything secret. We have a long history of it, going back to the Cambridge spies and probably before.

So with respect - I have no truck with any kind of conspiracy theory beliefs. This of course only refers to the reference to Project Bluebeam. The rest is true.

I still think though that a lot of people are utterly naive and will believe in complete nonsense.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The idea that governments or a cabal of governments and billionaires would be able to keep secret a dastardly plot is one for the birds in my view. If there ever was such a conspiracy, if they had even talked about it, it would have escaped immediately - especially if any of it happened here in Britain where government workers nd civil service bods are UTTERLY disloyal and self serving.

You might get away with that in China, but not here.

Just look at Party Gate..... It only took a bit of stupid exuberance and carelessness of the rules for civil servants and spads to send photos of various indiscretions to the newspapers and in short order a government with an eighty seat majority was toppled.

No one - especially not in the UK can keep anything secret. We have a long history of it, going back to the Cambridge spies and probably before.

So with respect - I have no truck with any kind of conspiracy theory beliefs. This of course only refers to the reference to Project Bluebeam. The rest is true.

I still think though that a lot of people are utterly naive and will believe in complete nonsense.
Project Bluebeam is an actual plan formulated back in the 50's/60's and declassified some time ago. It was formulated as one possible method of taking control of the population by scaring them to stay in their houses after faking an alien invasion with fake news broadcasts and acted scenes. When you research it, you will find that there is a lot of misdirection by the normal culprits, probably because they want to keep the possibility of using it still alive. Basically, all the "authoritative sources" try to spin it into something it isn't, or they tell you it doesn't exist, when clearly it does, and they label anybody that mentions it a conspiracy theorist. I've seen the document, which looked pretty genuine to me, and that was before AI. It was a long time ago that I was interested in the hype about UFOs, and I can't really remember the details of what I found, but, basically, UFOs are fake, and a lot of government actors have attempted to convince us otherwise. Why?

My theory is that they use the MSM and other methods, like the USA hearing, to dish out a load of propaganda, then they survey the population to see whether they swallowed it. If they have some success, they build on it by pushing the campaign further., and if they donswallow it, they revise their plans accordingly. Remember, some military guys testified in that hearing that they had convincing information that USA military had an actual alien spaceship and actual alien bodies.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: POLLY

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Let's look at it another way. If you were a government worried about losing control of the population, would you set up some think tanks to brainstorm different methods to regain control? What do you think they'd come up with? I can think of about 5 or 6 methods, one of which would be faked alien invasion. All you'd need for success would be to switch off the Internet and stop people from travelling, while you make your fake broadcasts over the BBC. It's too easy. All normal comms, TV, etc. go over the Internet now, so without it, your only source of info would be TV and radio. You could just as easily fake a nuclear attack, cyber attack, foreign invasion, pandemic or anything like that using the same method.

Remember, all new cars will have a device installed that can remotely disable it. You should be OK on your electric bike or motorbike, so they'd have to come up with another way to prevent you from using it. Watch this space!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Let's look at it another way. If you were a government worried about losing control of the population, would you set up some think tanks to brainstorm different methods to regain control? What do you think they'd come up with?
the military will just take over in time of crisis.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Let's look at it another way. If you were a government worried about losing control of the population, would you set up some think tanks to brainstorm different methods to regain control? What do you think they'd come up with? I can think of about 5 or 6 methods, one of which would be faked alien invasion. All you'd need for success would be to switch off the Internet and stop people from travelling, while you make your fake broadcasts over the BBC. It's too easy. All normal comms, TV, etc. go over the Internet now, so without it, your only source of info would be TV and radio. You could just as easily fake a nuclear attack, cyber attack, foreign invasion, pandemic or anything like that using the same method.

Remember, all new cars will have a device installed that can remotely disable it. You should be OK on your electric bike or motorbike, so they'd have to come up with another way to prevent you from using it. Watch this space!
:)

You are winding us up again. We already see and are seeing what they do when the population get too truculent.

They set up special courts and use the police surveillance powers to identify and lock up people who go too far. I've no problem with them locking up rioters and people who burn cars and run amok in the streets. We've seen it all before many times. Inciting violence has long been illegal, but I have my doubts about more modern suppression laws and even more so, some that we might see soon. Some in Labour have been talking about 'Islamaphobia' and 'blasphemy'. I thought the blasphemy laws had been got rid of, but we may yet see more of that kind of nonsense. Scotland has been leading the way with their special take on hate crimes. The police need to stay away from free speech where there is no threat or incitement to violence. Expressing opinions about lifestyle, religion, or politics needs to be protected not suppressed.

We have a long history of the state coming down hard on the lower orders getting rebellious. They used to send in the cavalry with sabres. Now they have other methods, but I think some of your suggestions are a bit wide of the mark.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
:)

You are winding us up again. We already see and are seeing what they do when the population get too truculent.

They set up special courts and use the police surveillance powers to identify and lock up people who go too far. I've no problem with them locking up rioters and people who burn cars and run amok in the streets. We've seen it all before many times. Inciting violence has long been illegal, but I have my doubts about more modern suppression laws and even more so, some that we might see soon. Some in Labour have been talking about 'Islamaphobia' and 'blasphemy'. I thought the blasphemy laws had been got rid of, but we may yet see more of that kind of nonsense. Scotland has been leading the way with their special take on hate crimes. The police need to stay away from free speech where there is no threat or incitement to violence. Expressing opinions about lifestyle, religion, or politics needs to be protected not suppressed.

We have a long history of the state coming down hard on the lower orders getting rebellious. They used to send in the cavalry with sabres. Now they have other methods, but I think some of your suggestions are a bit wide of the mark.
We used to have religions like Catholicism and Christianity that gave us moral guidance. That suited the governments at the time. Now, they want more control, so they invented a new religion that contains all the elements that people call wokeness. If you go against that religion, it's blasphemy, and you'll be treated accordingly, not only by the authorities, but also by any peers that have seen the light and signed up to that religion. This is why you can't argue with the wokerati. They've seen the light and you can't take that away from them.

Just like the flat earthers. We can use simple science to prove that the Earth is spherical, and we can even calculate its size using nothing more than a protractor, a stick and basic logic; however, the dissonance in their brains can't allow them to accept that.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Just wait Peter. Not for long I think.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
In practice it's not. Tommy Robinson was banned from every social media channel, and he had his PayPal cancelled, the day after he released his Panodrama documentary. Nobody has ever been able to show a single incident of where he broke any of the social media rules or laws.