Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Crazy Colin Furze invents another insane bicycle creation.

If you haven't seen his manic videos, this fellow is pretty amusing.

Insane bicycle powered by a pulse jet engine - trailing fire and doing fifty miles an hour in shirt sleeves and no helmet.

Building the pulse jet bicycle:

This guy is totally mad - but oddly creative.

Hydraulic Bike:

Reactions: MikelBikel

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Jet bikes have made lighter and far better with a single RC aero jet engine.

Reactions: Ghost1951

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Ministers plan to introduce ban on outdoor smoking.

Is there any limit to the desire of politicians to turn everyone into a zombie slave who behaves exactly as they would like?

Let me be clear - i HATE smoking. I think it is a horrible habit that killed a lot of my older relatives, and blighted their lives with terrible health. I HATE it.

But - how far will governments go in restricting our freedom to do what we like? Whether I hate outdoor smoking or any smoking is not the point. If people are free beings, they should be able to do what they like as long as it does not harm other people. There are good arguments to ban indoor smoking in public places. It effects other people. No one should be forced to sit in a pub, restaurant, or railway carriage, breathing stinking tobacco smoke. That situation does not apply outdoors.

It is my view that many politicians will stop at nothing to impose their own views and morals on everyone else. In Scotland, you can end up in court for using the wrong pronoun in describing a man who wants to be a woman.

This tendency should be resisted by every means possible, before we all become slaves to their intrusive 'do-gooder-ism' and prissy moral codes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Ministers plan to introduce ban on outdoor smoking.

Is there any limit to the desire of politicians to turn everyone into a zombie slave who behaves exactly as they would like?

Let me be clear - i HATE smoking. I think it is a horrible habit that killed a lot of my older relatives, and blighted their lives with terrible health. I HATE it.

But - how far will governments go in restricting our freedom to do what we like? Whether I hate outdoor smoking or any smoking is not the point. If people are free beings, they should be able to do what they like as long as it does not harm other people. There are good arguments to ban indoor smoking in public places. It effects other people. No one should be forced to sit in a pub, restaurant, or railway carriage, breathing stinking tobacco smoke. That situation does not apply outdoors.

It is my view that many politicians will stop at nothing to impose their own views and morals on everyone else. In Scotland, you can end up in court for using the wrong pronoun in describing a man who wants to be a woman.

This tendency should be resisted by every means possible, before we all become slaves to their intrusive 'do-gooder-ism' and prissy moral codes.

The article says in pub gardens. I am for it.
It's a restricted space most of the time, more so at weekends and you have children around.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
:56 seconds to 1minute 40 of the video.

5 micro grams of micro particulates per cubic meter is the max safe level
Street pollution level is 6ug (six micro grams).
Tube level as high as 176 ug!!!

Oh dear - big fail for Mr Khan. Take the tube rather than drive for clean air -

No Thanks. You are exposed to 35 times the safe level of micro air pollutant particulate dust. It must be like an old fashioned coal mine down there. Pneumoconiosis clinic here we come.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
:56 seconds to 1minute 40 of the video.

5 micro grams of micro particulates per cubic meter is the max safe level
Street pollution level is 6ug (six micro grams).
Tube level as high as 176 ug!!!

Oh dear - big fail for Mr Khan. Take the tube rather than drive for clean air -

No Thanks. You are exposed to 35 times the safe level of micro air pollutant particulate dust. It must be like an old fashioned coal mine down there. Pneumoconiosis clinic here we come.
If you were the mayor of London, what would you do to reduce the pollution?
Get rid of the tube?

Reactions: flecc

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Maybe they could try cleaning the Underground more often ? :cool:

Reactions: Woosh

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
If you were the mayor of London, what would you do to reduce the pollution?
Get rid of the tube?
I think that had Khan been a Conservative mayor, you might have been jumping up and down that he was encouraging more people to abandon the clean air they breath when using surface transport 6ug per Metr cubed, and plunging them into the grimy depths of a very polluted and probably dangerous environment where the air contains 176 ug per cubic metre - up to 35 times the small particulate pollution levels that are said to be maximum safe levels.

In any circumstance this needs to be properly looked at by an impartial team of experts. I think , living in rural France, you don't have to worry personally, but the subterranean environment described and measured there is more like a 1950s coal mine than a modern, safe transport system, is it not?

Where is the outrage?

By the way - what pollution are you referring to?

There is only one polluted area in the country according to the nation wide DEFRA monitoring network and that is in London and the level is moderate right now at 1824 on a Thursday evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikelBikel

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
That was 4yr ago, this 1yr ago, What happened to the cleaning train? They're doing it by hand now? How futuristic! :)
( tunnel cleaning after 4:20 )

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
So the more modern film says they hand clean two hundred meters of track a night if it isn't too filthy and there are two hundred and fifty miles of track. There are 1610 meters in a mile so it takes 8 nights to do a mile, so five and a half years to do the whole system. That video is showing sewer levels of filth down there. No wonder the air quality is appalling.

EDIT:

On re-watching the video or maybe a different one posted by MikelBikel, the narrator said there were two teams so we can correct and half that time to clean the totality of the system to about two and a half years to go around once - but are they that systematic? I doubt it.

He also said they were revisiting an area done only a month ago.... I'm getting bad vibes here. it sounds a bit like the disorganised chaos surrounding the building regulations department and Grenfell Tower's fire. I don't trust these smooth talking spokespersons from TFL, the Civil Service bods who decide on building material safety - or any of them.

I am going to live further into the hills if I can find the right place and I will be preparing every item of food I eat, because I KNOW that all official spokespersons will lie to me. They are far more interested in glossing over the failure and dodgy wheezes they have been up to.

'Here eat this pie. Perfectly safe!'

(sub text and full of trans fats that we know will cause heart disease.)

'Transfats are safe.... They do not exist in nature, but nosh away buddy. It's good for our profits and its really cheap sh it - so it must be good.'

Last edited:

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
One comment was "they scrapped the tunnel cleaning train a decade ago"
Progress!? :)
The TFL spokeswoman said the levels were within safety limits. What rot! One scene in that video showed a train advancing through a cloud of dust that looked like a Saharan dust storm. Go and look at the video - 1 minute forty. Clouds of dust shown in the headlights of the train.

Also that GB News reporter measured up to 171 ug of fine air particles per cubic metre - 34 times the maximum safe level allowed.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
I like the appropriate name of this Company's tunnel cleaning machine, hehe :)
Don't know about all that water with electric rails though, oops, back to vacuum ;)