Pedelec Nirvana

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Is there an adapter I need to connect this controller to a 9 pin motor plug ?

View attachment 59178
It's not an adapter. You need a motor cable:

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Here it is - I have put on the throttle and brake sensor - can use the KT settings to make the throttle legal (ie not twist and go). Cabling is very messy - might have a try at tidying it up at some time. Battery (48V 20Ah) is a tight fit but it does slide on and off (this is the 20" frame). Have got the chain wheel spacers and longer bolts - not fitted them yet - gear changes seem nice and smooth at the minute. I'm noticing the air full suspension is very smooth compared with the Carrera coil forks (particularly on gravel, unmade roads and tracks). I notice it more when I come back from a long (2 hour ) ride - I don't feel stiff or achy - maybe also the geometry suits me better. It is quite a bit lighter when putting it away in the shed. Level 1 PAS seems to give around 130 watts on the display - the vast majority of my rides I stay in level 1 , even up slight inclines - but I have the higher levels (and 9 mosfet controller) for the really steep and long North Yorkshire Moors hills. Level 4 gives around 500 watts on the display, I did try level 5 (1000 watts displayed) on a steep hill and flew up it, but I don't think I will be using it often.

ETA - This controller doesn't have a separate light output, so I just connected the front light to the 48V battery output so the light is continuously on ( which I think is no bad thing)

Last edited:
Reactions: Waspy and Az.

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
Here it is - I have put on the throttle and brake sensor - can use the KT settings to make the throttle legal (ie not twist and go). Cabling is very messy - might have a try at tidying it up at some time. Battery (48V 20Ah) is a tight fit but it does slide on and off (this is the 20" frame). Have got the chain wheel spacers and longer bolts - not fitted them yet - gear changes seem nice and smooth at the minute. I'm noticing the air full suspension is very smooth compared with the Carrera coil forks (particularly on gravel, unmade roads and tracks). I notice it more when I come back from a long (2 hour ) ride - I don't feel stiff or achy - maybe also the geometry suits me better. It is quite a bit lighter when putting it away in the shed. Level 1 PAS seems to give around 130 watts on the display - the vast majority of my rides I stay in level 1 , even up slight inclines - but I have the higher levels (and 9 mosfet controller) for the really steep and long North Yorkshire Moors hills. Level 4 gives around 500 watts on the display, I did try level 5 (1000 watts displayed) on a steep hill and flew up it, but I don't think I will be using it often.

View attachment 59427
Super, nice big chainring. Looks great.

Tell me about the kickstand. Does it work loose and rotate round the chain stay at all?

I have seen ones that clamp to the chain stay AND the seat stay.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Tell me about the kickstand. Does it work loose and rotate round the chain stay at all?

I have seen ones that clamp to the chain stay AND the seat stay.
This one was just a few quid from topbikekit, so I included it (and a front light and a few tools) when i ordered the controller, there was no extra postage cost.

The kickstand clamp profile fits the chainstay profile ( its elliptical rather than circular) very snugly and it seems solid, so far ! I have a kickstand on my Boardman 29er BBS conversion that fits the chain stay and seat stay, but the clamps don't fit as well and I have to tighten them up from time to time when it works loose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waspy