PASS Wiring question

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
No they stay solid red but it will only go red when red and black together on the controller side , connected to the connection from the bike . Red to blue black to black then it stays solid red

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That has different connectors to the one you show us so isn't the same controller.

A link to your controller to the actual web site and not a JPG picture of a controller.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
I've tried them all red to orange black to black white to blue.red to blue black to black white to orange red to orange white to black red to blue .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Why obsessed with having a solid red led , that is the result one doesn't need or want.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
When you get problems, you should test to see what the problem is. Use a meter to identify which wire is whhich on the controller side. One is 5v, one is ground and the other is the signal. The sensor is harder, but the black is almost certainly the ground and the orange is the 5v. Once you have it connected properly, you can check what happens on the signal wire when you turn the pedals. If there's no pulsing, you need a new pedal sensor.

Reactions: Ghost1951

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
HI yes, I think I need a new pedal sensor, is there any special pedal sensor I need for this controller?
if so please could you recommend the correct pedal sensor my sensor is on the right crank side, but I guess it doesn't matter which side it is placed on as long as it works.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
Ok I'm sure the pedal assist sensor is fried ,so I've ordered 2 more hopefully this will solve the problem.
The one with the yellow 3 pin connector I hope will be compatible with the Bafang controller,and the second I have ordered has a sm plug connector again with different colour wires .any advice on whether any of these 2 will be compatible or do i really need a pedal assist sensor specific to the controller.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ok I'm sure the pedal assist sensor is fried ,so I've ordered 2 more hopefully this will solve the problem.
The one with the yellow 3 pin connector I hope will be compatible with the Bafang controller,and the second I have ordered has a sm plug connector again with different colour wires .any advice on whether any of these 2 will be compatible or do i really need a pedal assist sensor specific to the controller.
You should post links, not screenshots. It's less work for you and we get to see ALL the information, not just a picture.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So if you have a Higo moulded connector why do you need sm type ?

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
hi yes, I have 2 controllers one is the Bafang 48v 22a LD-AK-OO7 which has the higo connector it was my plan to install this, unfortunately, I can not get the pedal assist to work and you said I think I need a new assist sensor so I ordered 2 I'm stuck because I have no idea which pedal assist sensor will work or is compatible with this controller if anybody has a link to such a pedal-assist I would very much appreciate it. I'm sure one of them will work with my other controller the KT controller, but I have the new bafang controller and I would like that to work

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Bafang controller PAS will only work in two ways .
1. The moulded connector must be a Bafang PAS with Higo connector not a Julet one (both look similar).
2. One cuts off the Bafang connector and the opposing one and solder the wires to each direct.
PAS wiring is very simple it is only three wires , moulded connectors differ with wiring dependant on the maker and this is where people don't understand or can't reason with why our advice isn't working.

Before buying stuff one should show a proper page link to the item and not a JPEG picture .

We can't help folks without a proper description of the item as a pic is of no use in these cases.

Last edited:

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
https://ebikesolution.co.uk/products/bafang-brushless-motor-controller-display-500c-ekd01-36-48v-15-25a-250-750w?_pos=2&_psq=bafang+con&_ss=e&_v=1.0
This is the website i bought the controller from 48v 22A as you can see yes it has a higo 3 pin connector containing red black and white wires for the pass sensor,if I understand you correctly I cut off the higo connector from the controller side.
then cut the pedal assist side and solder the wires together hopefully colour by colour .
Yes.