MAN's or GIRLY bike?

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Ive just got my 'diamond frame' agattu. I wish i'd ordered the step thru!

2 main reasons:
-Its not a very macho diamond frame (unlike the pro connect)
-I have a wee boy on the back, so i cant swing my leg over the saddle

It would have looked delibertaly un-macho cool with the step thru.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ive just got my 'diamond frame' agattu. I wish i'd ordered the step thru!

2 main reasons:
-Its not a very macho diamond frame (unlike the pro connect)
-I have a wee boy on the back, so i cant swing my leg over the saddle

It would have looked delibertaly un-macho cool with the step thru.
Ask to swap immediately before riding it any distance. It might only cost the transit costs and perhaps a small adjustment.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I am not sure there is much difference between the macho Pro-connect and Agattu frames - I think it is the handlebars that make the difference as well as the picture being the 49cm version of the Agattu. I am sure most of the weight difference can be accounted for by the suspension forks and hub dynamo (which make for a better commuting machine in my view). I stand to be corrected though.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just a minute difference in the crossbar slope angle, but otherwise hardly anything between the neo-diamond frame shapes of Agattu and Pro Connect

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
swap! or even make a profit judging by the desperation of some for the product. but yes definitely worth a call to 50 cycles :cool:

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
mmm a good idea except ive already broken the skirt guard trying to adjust the rear mudguard after swapping the rack for a hamax plus child seat rack.

I might call them anyway.

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
A lady living opposite me once solved this problem on her school run, for which she used her husband's bike while her husband used the family car, by having a hefty chunk of tree trunk just off the side of her drive which she could use as a mounting block. I always very much admired this solution to her problem. Luckily there was a very high kerb at the school which served the same purpose.

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
a skirt guard is not much, alot of people would remove that anyway. if you dont get joy from 50 cycles you could probably sell it through the forum for a decent price. try 50 cycles and if that doesnt work out put an ad on the forum.